Running away

hrdruian

I'm sure i'm not the only one who tends to feel like this. When life gets too over whelming and you feel like you just need to get ou of it for a while. Where do y'all run away to? Maybe i'll like your idea and join you!!!!

Janice

I don't ever get to run away.

I face whatever obstacles and overcome them through sheer willpower and it always turns out good for me. I get tired of "being strong" and dealing with the weight on my shoulders though. That's when I have those days that I just feel like crying all day long.

Sorry, I know you wanted positive responses, but I guess I'm just a little envious that I don't ever really get to run away from anything. I've never taken a vacation (I have a "working" vacation coming up to LA which is the FIRST time I have ever done anything close to a vacation), or went to a spa to pamper myself, or had girls night out, etc. I work 2 jobs (3 if you count specktra - and you should! hah) to support what I've built for myself and my husband and you can't just run away from those pressures or I would lose it all.

laguayaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
I don't ever get to run away.

I face whatever obstacles and overcome them through sheer willpower and it always turns out good for me. I get tired of "being strong" and dealing with the weight on my shoulders though. That's when I have those days that I just feel like crying all day long.

Sorry, I know you wanted positive responses, but I guess I'm just a little envious that I don't ever really get to run away from anything. I've never taken a vacation (I have a "working" vacation coming up to LA which is the FIRST time I have ever done anything close to a vacation), or went to a spa to pamper myself, or had girls night out, etc. I work 2 jobs (3 if you count specktra - and you should! hah) to support what I've built for myself and my husband and you can't just run away from those pressures or I would lose it all.

I totally agree with Janice! Part of growing up is facing all that comes your way. Some people im sure have it way worse somewhere. The farthest I run away to when I need to get away...the mall take my frustrations out on the card!(which isnt a good habit but makes me smile to treat myself)

browneyedbaby

Yeah I agree I've never ran away, just took a deep breath and got on with it. Get a little 'head space' though but deal with the problem as well. I go for a walk, get some air that's about all I do. It makes you stronger in the long run.

KittieSparkles

When I am too over whelmed I usually go to my bmf's house. He is one of the few people in my world that understands me. he lets me be when I want to be alone, he does not even need to know what is going on and when I am ready to vent he listens. I learned long ago that u need an outlet, just taking on the whole world and caring it on your shoulders will eventually make you crack.

hrdruian

I'm a pretty strong person, if i were to tell you my story, you'd agree. i just start to wonder when the strength is going to run out. anyways, i run. it gets me out of the atmosphere that's pushing down on me so hard. then i come back to the problems refreshed and clear minded.

xsnowwhite

i go to my bestfriends house, or at least, I did when we lived near eachother. I never really run away though but I do like to get away from home and just be able to chill somewehre else. Idk why, but my house always adds to whatever stresses im facing lol.

Loveleighe

i know what you mean i agree with the other about facing problems head on but i also believe that it's much better to get out of a problem on a higher mindset than the one you got into it wih. So i would drive to clear my head no place in particular just drive esp. along the country side or down to beach in the winter when it would be secluded and just breathe. (walks and runs work great too) I would motivate myself and tell myself i had to the strength to get through this as i have always done in the past and come back an hour or so later recharged and ready to face it head on. unfortunately i don't get that anymore now that i have absolutely no time for or to myself.

*KT*

If it's a work thing, I tend to "run away" to the mall at lunch and enjoy a little retail therapy. If it's just life in general, a good workout and a hot shower... or playing around with my clown-like dogs.

CantAffordMAC

I used to feel like gettin away. Its been awhile since I've felt like that though. I try to convince myself that things will be fine. Stress still shows on my body and everywhere else though. I haven't really thought about it recently--I have so much going on right now and none is really good but I've just been dealing with it as it comes and doing what i can.

I can't wait to treat myself to a massage. Thats like, the one thing I want besides MAC. It would help sooooooo much.

redambition

i don't get to run away often. i don't even get evenings or weekends to myself at all. my holidays are usually spent visiting the SOs family (so no me time in there). i rarely take time off work because it feels like i never can.

i need a weekend break, but it's killing me trying to find a weekend that i can take it in. i just want to get away from everything for days.

if i really need to time out, i'll spend a while with a soothing oil blend in my oil burner and good book.

SparklingWaves

I have a place that I go to in another state that a family member owns. I go there it is like a camp. I take my dog and live like it's the 1970s. I walk to the store to get groceries. I walk to get fresh vegetables. People I don't know stop and say, "Hi". It's just me and my dog. I don't use the tv and no cell phone. I get up when I want and go to bed at dark. I use a hand radio to hear what's going on in the little town near by. I come back feeling really renewed.

Everything that I do is just me, my dog, and nature.

xIxSkyDancerxIx

I go to see my horse and just enjoy a nice quiet ride with her. Or I'll take my dog to the park and watch him run around like a moron.. that always makes me feel better

spectrolite

When everything got to be too much for me and I didn't see any way out I ran away to Australia... and that was 12 years ago. That was a bit dramatic but my situation has improved in many ways and I'm happy I made my decision. These days I don't have as many problems that call for drastic measures. If I'm feeling like everything is too much I usually end up tucked under my covers with my ipod and some appropriate music, on our bean bag which doubles as a psychologists couch with my roomie playing Dr, or at the shops where unfortunately I spend wayyy too much money making myself feel better!

The best thing though is just listening to that song by Mary J Blige - No More Drama and I feel okay after that. Check her out preforming the song live.

Link

AmberLilith

When i really need to run and i've caved under pressure, i go on the sick
ssad.gif
and become a bit of a hermit..

Other shorter-term solutions:
Talking to pets, my counsellor, my partner or my sister.
Spending time alone, not doing much at all... music, a film, internet, writing on livejournal, long soak in the bath...
Or going for a walk.
..generally things where there is less sense of purpose and necessity...
Having coffee with a friend and catching up a bit.
Reading a good book that you can get engrosses in.

hrdruian

I did it. i ran away to go see my family for a few days. it was nice to get out of the environment and it gave me a chance to really talk to someone who knows me so well. i didn't want to come back though. i did, i have responsibilities, i just didn't want to. i know that things will get better in time. thanks to those who inputed!

Janice

Aw, that's great! Good thing you got away and were able to talk with people who know you well. That's awesome. Do you feel more capable of handling the situation now?
smiles.gif

user46

I shop my troubles away. When my boyfriend and I fight, it's time to shop. Even if i buy one shirt or whatever, i'm gonna buy something. No one understands why I do this, but retail therapy is terribly common. Everyone thinks I use that as an excuse, and I really don't. It just makes me feel better in an odd way.

user46

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrolite
When everything got to be too much for me and I didn't see any way out I ran away to Australia... and that was 12 years ago. That was a bit dramatic but my situation has improved in many ways and I'm happy I made my decision. These days I don't have as many problems that call for drastic measures. If I'm feeling like everything is too much I usually end up tucked under my covers with my ipod and some appropriate music, on our bean bag which doubles as a psychologists couch with my roomie playing Dr, or at the shops where unfortunately I spend wayyy too much money making myself feel better!

The best thing though is just listening to that song by Mary J Blige - No More Drama and I feel okay after that. Check her out preforming the song live.
Link

i do that too. that song just like speaks to me when i'm going through something!

Tinkee-Belle

Whenever Im upset I need to be around animals.... that sounds weird but I run out to the barn and pet my horses and I instantly feel more relaxed. Or I have a snuggle with my kitties or doggies. Something about animals just soothes me.... They listen to you and dont judge no matter what. I probably sound crazy eh?

After im done with the pets I get on my computer and shop shop shop my troubles away!

Latest posts