Running away

AmberLilith

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdruian
I did it. i ran away to go see my family for a few days. it was nice to get out of the environment and it gave me a chance to really talk to someone who knows me so well. i didn't want to come back though. i did, i have responsibilities, i just didn't want to. i know that things will get better in time. thanks to those who inputed!

Good on you!!

I'm glad you found a bit of sanctuary for a while. It's always difficult to come back to the real world, but i guess it proves to us that we can cope..

hrdruian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Aw, that's great! Good thing you got away and were able to talk with people who know you well. That's awesome. Do you feel more capable of handling the situation now?
smiles.gif

yes and no. i know that the situation will take time to get better, but it was nice to get out of the environment that is a constant reminder of the situation. i definitely didn't want to come home, but that's when the adult steps in and i get on the plane anyways. time takes care of everything, but stepping away from it has allowed me to be in control of my emotions again.