saving receipts?

MisaMayah

I started saving my receipts and omg im really disgusted with myself. I have a major addiction to MAC. But it still doesnt stop me!

willowfaery

I am never ever going to save my receipts..... what the hubby don't see, I have had for ages. Lol
Besides I don't want to scare myself sill do I !

darkishstar

I do the same thing! Except online.
greengrin.gif

One week there is free standard shipping.. and I'm like.. JOY!
And I spend on a few things I can.
THEN.
Once the free shipping disappears.. the.. buy up to $60 for free shipping appears..
And I spend $60 again!
I think I've spent around $150... because of that...

It's awful. But I can't help I love the holiday collection.. THIS much...

Socialite

i know exactly how you feel.

however somehow i always find myself back at mac.

i save my receipts for about a year in envolopes that are broken down into categories.

like my mac envelope - splurge (for stuff that i really didnt need but gave into) and NEED (replacing items that have run out like mac wipes or foundation)

ambidextrous

I have an excel sheet with my makeup inventory... so no need no keep receipts unless I need some credit card bill proof

deven.marie

I go in once a week and usually drop about $50. However, I've only been collecting for a couple months so its not like a huuge ongoing expense. I really dont spend money on anything else besides a couple bills, I dont buy clothes very often since my cousin gives me alot of hers
smiles.gif

I save my receipts just because I'm curious to see how much I've spent :p

tripwirechick

For the last 3 months I've been saving my receipts because my trips to MAC have definitely gone from once a month to 1-2 times a week. Mostly because I like going and chatting to all the girls (and I desperately want to work there!) and I will see something I like and get it. Plus with new collections coming out (what feels like) every week, it seems like MAC is all I spend my money on. AND the prices over here are hugely inflated. I have always had a problem saving but I think once Fafi is released and over with here I will decrease my visits.
I like the envelope idea!! I might try that one
smiles.gif
I think the splurge one would overflow though lol.

*Star Violet*

I usually just toss the reciepts with the boxes and bags into a drawer I have...but I haven't added them all up to see how much I've spent. But since I only started working to buy makeup, it shouldn't bother me that much and whenever I tell my hubby I went to MAC, he just smiles and says, well, it's yr money
tong.gif

doniad101

Well just a few days ago, I created a list on a program on my computer and have typed up everything I've bought , the price and where I got it from that isnt a necessity (even random t-shirts, jeans etc. because i'm all good in that nature). And at the end of the month, I added up what I've spent on the non necessary items. In Jan. I did extremely well keeping it under $40...but Feb...not a good month for me, lol, but I dont think its as bad I as used to be. So doing this helps to me to get an idea about how much I spend on non necessary items (mostly makeup) and then I can cut down on there from items that I actually use or even items I can possibly dupe or buy from here or ebay etc. I also have a "wishlist" where I jot down all the items I want to at least take a look at or buy. Oh and I've recently began keeping my reciepts in a MAC bag also, lmao. I always wind up exchanging for some reason or having to return something because it broke me out or blah, so I HAVE to keep my reciepts!

nana2552

I also keep all of my MAC and Sephora receipts in a MAC bag but I don't bother to look at them too often out of fear...Entirely too much money spent = depression= more spending... an endless cycle!
ssad.gif

Repunzel

i don 't save them,i don't want to be remined of how much i've spent.when i go in i buy a few items i need.when a collection comes out i go in and spent $300 +( mac is expensive in australia).But it makes me happy.And i justify it by 'well i have to look good for work'.(apperance is important in the work that i do).i'd probally spend as much anyways lol

AdlersMommy22

I guess this is a good reason why I dont have a MAC counter anywhere around here- ah.... I wish I did. I waitress so I'd do something where it'd be "for ever $60 I make I'll reward myself with a l/g or eyeshadow."... I'd make something stupid like that up.. AH! I'd just go straight from work to the MAC counter. Not to mention I'd NEVER EVER EVER see my son because I'd be picking up so many shifts to support my habit! LOL!

I've pry only spent about $150 since the cool heat collection...

But Im sucha nerd that the last few weeks Ive been literally writing down every collection.. what I want.. and how much money I need in my planner as if it were a bill I have to pay. blah.

rockandregret

I stay out of MAC as much as I can (it helps that the closest free-standing store is an hour away, i only have a counter near me), and usually only stop in when there's an LE collection i love and i pick up one or two things. I'm not working because i'm in college and have yet to find a job to fit with my schedule so my budget is very very strict. Anyway, my point is, when i cut back to just LE stuff, i saved a bunch of money, it may be worth a try!

NatalieMT

The scary thing for me is looking over my order history on the MAC website. When you look at it like that it really adds up! I don't save receipts I really should though, would be a slightly reality check!