Scandalous Cosmetics?

Jackie O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Woo

I saw pricillas brow tutorial and she mentioned that it was a "no name" brow pencil... um yeah it has a name.. spiked by MAC! lol

LOL I TOTALLY saw that!
She was like yeah this is just some random pencil, I don't even know where I got this from la la la

lmao! She knew that was a MAC pencil! A few youtubers were even like girl we are not convinced.

I mean if she uses a MAC pencil for her brows she don't gotta lie to kick it
smiles.gif

Jackie O

Ugh this is so long, but it's worth reading I promise lol

I first heard about the Scandalous line through youtube, I found their videos and I am not going to lie, the eyeshadow is amazing, however, not everybody goes for that look everyday. The only place you could honestly wear makeup like that is if you worked for a cosmetic line that was marketing that type of look. Most of us do not so that to me was a bit of a turn off, the fact that it's not exactly wearable. But it is art, no doubt.

Aside from all that I thought to myself it's still worth giving a shot! Whoever owns this line I'd really love to learn how they get their shadows so pigmented. But after all my research, I probably will not be buying anymore of their products, and here's why...

Turn off number 1

I found the owner of the line on myspace and added her and I was like OMG her pictures are amazing! After looking at her pictures for what seemed like forever lol I wrote her a comment and I was like girl your work is awesome, I'd really like to know how you get your shadows so pigmented, and how and where can I purchase your products from. A few days later I never heard back from her so I thought dang maybe I messed up and I didn't send it right lol so I wrote her again and was like hey I don't know if you got my first message but I was wondering how I can purchase your products and if you can give me some tips on how to get my eyeshadows pigmented like that. Still no answer from her and she denied both my comments, that was like a week ago. For someone who claims to be an "amateur" she sure doesn't come across as someone other amateurs like me can relate to if she can't even write people back to answer a simple question!

So after that I was like eff it, I'll just find out how to buy the products myself, the first thing I wanted to try was the eyeshadow base, which I tried purchasing on their website but that was damn near impossible. FINALLY I was able to find their ebay store so I thought sweet! I'll just choose the "Buy it now" option and I'll have my base in no time, right?! WRONG.

turn off number 2

OKAY, if you shop on Ebay like I do, (lol) you would know that a good seller will usually have your product shipped within 1 to 3 business days. Anything later than that is kind of iffy.

Oct 4, I made two different transactions with two different sellers, I bought one eyeshadow base from the scandalous store, and I bought some NYX pencils from some other seller. Within 24 hours I recieved my shipping information from the NYX pencils I bought from the other seller (which came in yesterday, Oct 10th), but no word from Scandalous yet. 4 days went by and I still never heard anything so I decided to write them an Ebay message. I checked my inbox the next day and still no word from them. After about 5 days from the time I purchased, I decided to give them a call and I got a constant busy signal but after finally being able to get through I spoke with a female and I said hi I just purchased your shadow base on Ebay and I was wondering when it will be shipped because I had not recieved any type of confirmation. And she said well our shadow base isn't in stock right now and it probably won't be in for another two weeks and then we will ship it to you.

And then I thought HOLD UP!

On the Ebay site, it says "product ships within one business day" it does not say, THIS ITEM IS OUT OF STOCK SO WE SEND IT WHEN IT COMES IN! It's so misleading! Why in the world would you post a product on ebay if you can't meet the demands of your customers?!?! So basically you're just collecting people's money for an item that isn't even in stock? I understand it's a small company and they're doing the best they can, but had I known I would have to wait damn near 3 weeks for it I would've just gone to MAC and bought me a shadestick! I was so irritated by that!

I think that they need to have a WAY more effective line of communication between their customers so that I knew what I was getting myself into before I made the purchase. Some people don't mind waiting two or three weeks for their stuff, I DO!

At this point after being ignored twice from the owner on myspace, and this whole shipping mess, I'm so annoyed by the whole thing I'm ready to call them back and ask for a refund. It's just not worth all the hype. They've made a name for themselves by being comparable or almost better than MAC, but MAC is a multi-million dollar company with millions of customers and even STILL if I shop from their website I won't have to wait 2 weeks for it! Sorry but I'm just being straight up.

Jackie O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn
I just finished watching makeupartistamateur's review on make up bases and it upsets me because I feel like she's deceiving a lot of her viewers. I also came across other people's comment's about how the base creases and in the video she usually compares the eyeshadow's brightness. Obviously their base is going to have a brighter result if it's white. I've also read in another comment [in a review video from months ago] where she responded to a viewer saying she was going to do another video comparing the base to mac's white chromaline and she just posted a new review video today with the same bases as the previous video.
She's a very talented artist, which is why I have subscribed to her channel in the first place but I'm just so turned off by her pushing her products on her viewers who are probably unaware of what is really going on. It's almost like watching an infomercial. I understand that it's life and everyone needs to make a living but it bothers me that people would use their talents to deceive other people. Viewers probably watch these video's and probably get excited thinking there's a new, could be HG item they could try, when really it's not the product but the artist themselve's that are good and they know it and use it to their advantage.
This is just my opinion.

I do have to agree with you, I feel like their tactics are a bit misleading. They obviously did not create the products themselves. They bought them wholesale and slapped their name on it like some of these other ladies have been doing lol hey life's tough, we all gotta make a living and more power to them for finding their niche, but don't claim to be your original when you're not. Their TACTICS and their approach is original, but the products are not...

we are not fooled lol

Jackie O

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBI

I agree that black clothing, in and of itself, is not necessarily indicative of copying MAC as it is not an uncommon practice. However, I would think if you were trying to separate yourself from MAC and their image, then you would maybe develop a signature color and/or style that wasn't all black. Something that said "Look at us! We *are* different."

Just to piggy back off most of the comments about all black being standard professional attire for cosmetic companies. I agree it does like extremely professional. But for someone that was trying to SEPERATE themselves from MAC you'd think they would know better...

MsChrys79

I'm actually in he process of building a site where I will sell all the things Bitchslap, forever glamourous, and scandoulus carry at a way cheaper price and with a better name...... it's all Ladyburd cosmetics and I can't see why these guys are charging so much for something they didn't pay a lot for...

MACandie2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChrys79
I'm actually in he process of building a site where I will sell all the things Bitchslap, forever glamourous, and scandoulus carry at a way cheaper price and with a better name...... it's all Ladyburd cosmetics and I can't see why these guys are charging so much for something they didn't pay a lot for...

make sure you let me know when it's gonna be released!

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACandie2012

Yeah! That's what I was going to say
smiles.gif

MsChrys79

I definetly will.. right now I'm actually the one building the site so it's taking longer than expected.. because I do it when I have time... but I will definetly let you guys know... Thanks
smiles.gif

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie O
And she said well our shadow base isn't in stock right now and it probably won't be in for another two weeks and then we will ship it to you.

That has got to be a violation of a ebay's rules. I really hope you report them.
girl_devil.gif

Jackie O

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
That has got to be a violation of a ebay's rules. I really hope you report them.
girl_devil.gif

That's EXACTLY what I thought. That would be like me posting a listing for a pair of shoes, and telling the people who bid on them, oh sorry they're not in stock yet, but they will be in two weeks...wtf! I will definetely be reporting that because I usually don't have any problems with buying stuff on Ebay, or with shipping, I mean unless of course it's coming from like Hong Kong, but they're in California and that's just rediculous, it's not even worth it...

Jackie O

UPDATE FOR EVERYONE WHO IS INTERESTED IN THIS LINE OF COSMETICS

If you haven't read my first post about my experience with this company you probably should or you're about to be very confused lol anywho here's the update

So I called the Scandalous store again a week after I purchased the item and spoke with a woman named "Jenny" (what's really funny about that is she said her name was "Jenny" but she sounded a lot like Priscilla, the person I spoke to the very first time I called the store) I told her it was Jackie again and I reminded her of the first time I called, and I decided that I didn't want to wait 3 weeks for the item so I'd just rather have a refund. And she said "oh well we don't do refunds" But on their ebay site it CLEARLY STATES that they grant refunds within 7 days. So I informed her of that and she said well it's already been 9 days so it doesn't count which is not true, I am allowed a refund within 7 days of RECIEVING the item, not 7 days within purchasing the item. At that point I hadn't recieved it so I could still request a refund. We went back and forth and she was kind of trying to be polite but I could tell she didn't really know what to do or say, but I knew for sure she was NOT trying to give me a refund. My only thing is don't tell people you grant refunds on your site, and then turn around and deny them when they're requested. After a while she was like ok if you call back in a few hours I'll try to see if I can come up with a solution to the situation. I said ok no problem. Hung up and called back 3 hours later and spoke to "Elizabeth", who once again sounded a lot like Priscilla. So I played along with her and said Hi, I spoke to Priscilla earlier and she was supposed to be getting back to me about an item I purchased. "Elizabeth" said oh she's not available, sorry. So then I said, are you sure you're not Priscilla because you sound a lot like her. And she said no I'm Elizabeth (in a sarcastic way) At that point I was so pissed I was like ok thank you and hung up. Ever since then I haven't attempted any correspondence with them because it will clearly get me no where. The funny thing is, I recognized her voice because she makes YOUTUBE VIDEOS and I was subscribed to her, how in the hell did she think she could get away with pretending to be different people all those times when I know what she sounds like?? She's playing games when she should be running a business.

I immediately filed a report on Ebay and through Paypal about my item not being recieved, that was Oct. 13. Today my item came in, but I'm not even going to open it, I don't even know why they bothered sending it. As soon as I get my refund I'm sending this trash right back where it came from. I even checked their feedback on ebay, the past few days they've been getting a few negative ratings, so apparently this didn't just happen to me. Hopefully you guys will really do your research before buying from these little companies. Good luck to anyone who buys from them, hopefully it won't happen to you...

And PLEASE someone tell them to stop comparing themselves to MAC. That's an insult to that company...

MK09

Ive never heard ive either of the brands BitchSlap or Wetpaint Cosmetics.And ive never seen either of those youtubers or their videos.But ive got to say and if your easily offended then maybe you should stop reading right here because im going to say exactly what im thinking,its my opinion and i have a right to say it.And you have the perfect right to disagree with my opinion and/or not read it.Anyway, Bitchslap cosmetics sounds like pure disgusting skanky trash! Im mean seriously why? Im all for being creative and different and coming up with fun even a bit sexy names for a product.And just to let everyone know im not prudish at all lol I can take a filthy joke ,dress sexy but still with class,i think some of the more dirty Urban Decay product names are silly and stupid sometimes but it doesn't really bother me at all.But ughhh why do you want to represent yourself to the word as a trashy girl? And the name of the colors??? I don't know her personally,in reality she may be a really cool girl,down to earth,very caring etc etc but just buy watching the three videos on the previous page you would NEVER think so.She comes across as a stripper that thought it would be really cool to sell hooker skanky cosmetics to people on youtube.And im not insulting her looks im not saying shes ugly or anything like that.Her makeup is another story it is trashy its clown makeup,its so pathetically skanky.If she thought it was really clever to name makeup filthy names and bitch this and bitch that it isn't cool,its not clever,its not sexy AT ALL! ,its not anything but cheap,tacky,and trashy crap.Just going by the name alone i would never in a million go near her cosmetics much less buy any.I have class and their is no way im putting something called dumb bitch on my face. Like i said its MY personal opinion and im sure some or even most or all of you may very well not like my comment but this girl is so class-less so ,disgustingly and proudly trashy.MY OPPINION,really sorry if you dont like it.I watched the videos on the previous page and she talks like a dirty stripper and her makeup fits the description.Not to mention the trashy way she talks validates it.Bitch this bitch that,bitch bitch bitch.....grow up girl!!...Very very sad that any woman thinks she so cool and so sexy by referring to herself and other females as bitches. And considering mostly young females are watching youtube makeup gurus its even that much more disgusting.We should all have self respect and class,nobody should refer to them self as a bitch or put on an eyeshadow called dumb bitch or anyone of her other very uncleverly names pieces of trash.Its really odd because its really takes alot to get me mad but this girl really hit a nerve.Rant over!!!! lol

Just a note:I know that you could probably find a billion+ typos in my post so but sorry i didnt care because i was really irritated so no need to point it out lol And i am sorry if my oppinion turns out to be an unpopular oppinion or if anyone thinks i was wrong but its just my oppinion like you have yours.Thank you

Junkie

Whats her ebay store name + link?

I tried looking earlier...couldn't find one on my own.

Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie O
UPDATE FOR EVERYONE WHO IS INTERESTED IN THIS LINE OF COSMETICS

If you haven't read my first post about my experience with this company you probably should or you're about to be very confused lol anywho here's the update

So I called the Scandalous store again a week after I purchased the item and spoke with a woman named "Jenny" (what's really funny about that is she said her name was "Jenny" but she sounded a lot like Priscilla, the person I spoke to the very first time I called the store) I told her it was Jackie again and I reminded her of the first time I called, and I decided that I didn't want to wait 3 weeks for the item so I'd just rather have a refund. And she said "oh well we don't do refunds" But on their ebay site it CLEARLY STATES that they grant refunds within 7 days. So I informed her of that and she said well it's already been 9 days so it doesn't count which is not true, I am allowed a refund within 7 days of RECIEVING the item, not 7 days within purchasing the item. At that point I hadn't recieved it so I could still request a refund. We went back and forth and she was kind of trying to be polite but I could tell she didn't really know what to do or say, but I knew for sure she was NOT trying to give me a refund. My only thing is don't tell people you grant refunds on your site, and then turn around and deny them when they're requested. After a while she was like ok if you call back in a few hours I'll try to see if I can come up with a solution to the situation. I said ok no problem. Hung up and called back 3 hours later and spoke to "Elizabeth", who once again sounded a lot like Priscilla. So I played along with her and said Hi, I spoke to Priscilla earlier and she was supposed to be getting back to me about an item I purchased. "Elizabeth" said oh she's not available, sorry. So then I said, are you sure you're not Priscilla because you sound a lot like her. And she said no I'm Elizabeth (in a sarcastic way) At that point I was so pissed I was like ok thank you and hung up. Ever since then I haven't attempted any correspondence with them because it will clearly get me no where. The funny thing is, I recognized her voice because she makes YOUTUBE VIDEOS and I was subscribed to her, how in the hell did she think she could get away with pretending to be different people all those times when I know what she sounds like?? She's playing games when she should be running a business.

I immediately filed a report on Ebay and through Paypal about my item not being recieved, that was Oct. 13. Today my item came in, but I'm not even going to open it, I don't even know why they bothered sending it. As soon as I get my refund I'm sending this trash right back where it came from. I even checked their feedback on ebay, the past few days they've been getting a few negative ratings, so apparently this didn't just happen to me. Hopefully you guys will really do your research before buying from these little companies. Good luck to anyone who buys from them, hopefully it won't happen to you...

And PLEASE someone tell them to stop comparing themselves to MAC. That's an insult to that company...

Kragey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACandie2012

I second this! Some of the colors look rather interesting (hey, I'm a stereotypical punk girl, I love drag queen makeup, LOL!), but I can't imagine paying so much for a single product with companies like TKB Trading around. And the drama is...a bit much. It'd be nice to try out the same products from a no-frills seller that isn't interested in making as much profit as possible.
smiles.gif

Kragey

Another selling who sells the Ladyburd line...those 4-color compacts are totally easy to spot.

Showroom- HarajukuHunnies

I haven't heard a whole lot about this line, though; I found it randomly on YouTube, but I haven't found any other reviews.

nliedel

I'm starting a mm-up line and while I designed all of the loose products I am going to sell (no, this is not an ad. I'm not even open yet), I wa thinking about adding Lady Burd products. Not competing with Jenessise, who I adore, different products. The catalog is huge. Most of my sales will be to me for my Makeup Artist Kit. They have products I've tested and LOVE. I also think the markup should be minimal, enough to cover shipping from LB to me, labelling, handeling and a reasonable salary for me, although it all goes back in the busineess. I'm selling the LB as a conveniance to make my stuff more appealing to people who like their products and don't want to start a store and make huge purchases at one time. I've seen small companies charge 6x what LB sells for and I'm appalled. Making a dollar is wonderful. Ripping off people? I just don't know...I could really use some feed back on this. I've thought about talking to Jen, but I don't know how she'd feel about that. I really am not selling the same stuff. We have different taste in their products. Decisions...

MizzLovly18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kragey
Another selling who sells the Ladyburd line...those 4-color compacts are totally easy to spot.

Showroom- HarajukuHunnies

I haven't heard a whole lot about this line, though; I found it randomly on YouTube, but I haven't found any other reviews.

She has great customer service and she is a great person and her line is not over priced!