Seller of fake Pigments--what do you make of this?

GlitterLids

OK--I filed paypal disputes on the six fakes i got from the one seller --she is still denying--what do you make of this:

My original message:
I trusted you when you said they were authentic but I was able to get Cocomotion, Revved Up, Apricot Pink and Your Ladyship from Mac and the pigments you sold me are undeniably fake. They are part of a new lot of fakes sold by "wholesalers" in mass quantities. The telltale signs are that the pigment colors are different between the fake and authentic, plus the fakes from you have the tiny deeply imprinted numbers that are the hallmark of high-end fakes. I would like to return these to you for a full refund, including shipping as I feel duped. I have the emails where you lie to me and assure me they are real--and whyile it was a lot fo work and money on my part, I have confirmed you are peddling fake MAc which is illegal and unsafe.

3/2/2009 12:18 PST

Blissful Beauty denied GlitterLid'srequest for a $90.65 USD refund.

3/2/2009 13:01 PST

From Seller - Blissful Beauty
3/2/2009 13:01 PST

I am hurt and confused. You said that you were offering friendly input regarding my pigments. You had said you didn't want a refund? Please send all of them to me and I will refund:
3/2/2009 13:02 PST

Also, they were all confirmed again as authentic last week at Saks, all of them.
3/2/2009 13:04 PST

These are not fake, I am not a liar and have been nothing but kind and honest to you. Please just return them for a refund, this had gotten out of hand.
3/2/2009 13:05 PST

Did you report me to Ebay as well?????
From Buyer -
3/2/2009 13:08 PST

They are FAKE. I am returning. I have the real ones from mac--I spent the money to replace these and they turned out to be fake. Yes--you have been nice and maybe you've been duped but they are fake. Period. How am I supposed to return them--you just declined to refund me.
From Buyer
3/2/2009 13:11 PST

I am sorry you feel hurt and confused--i am hurt and confused too. These are FAKE. There is no doubt. I don't know what the people at Saks know or not but they are not authentic--they are part of a new highly sophisticated batch of facts--ad how would Saks know about naval Blue and French Violet? they are pro-only colors.

AM i a major sap to feel bad? UGH.
th_confused_new.gif

zipperfire

Shouldn't you also get MAC involved to file a counterfeit suit against these sellers? I thought it was unlawful to sell counterfeit items.

angi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterLids
AM i a major sap to feel bad? UGH.
th_confused_new.gif

No, I understand why you feel bad, and conflict is never nice, but you've done your background research, you're not making unsubstantiated claims, and what you want is your hard earned money back. Let us know how it works out.
th_hug.gif

GlitterLids

Quote:
Originally Posted by angi
No, I understand why you feel bad, and conflict is never nice, but you've done your background research, you're not making unsubstantiated claims, and what you want is your hard earned money back. Let us know how it works out.
th_hug.gif

Thanks--she swears she had these pigments verified:

I don't want to argue with you anymore. You have a right to feel the way you do, but I also have a right to believe what I've been told every time they have been verified as real. Please return this to me with the others for a full refund.I don't lie, ever. I am an honest, Christian woman. I have had these verified at my Cleveland MAC Pro store, a friend took them to a Chicago MAC Pro store, Nordstrom and Saks. I honor your opinion, but have to base my decision off the research I have gathered. In any event, after these claims today, I give up...I have decided to sell out what I pigments I have and then not sell them anymore. It's not worth the hassle.

I will let you know when I receive your items, and will issue a refund at that time.

So I am returning them--all seven: French Violet, Naval Blue, Your Ladyship, Revved Up, Cocomotion, Off The Radar, & Apricot Pink. Ironically, I am using the mac box I just got with some of my replacemtn pigments.

what just amazes me is that I STILL want to believe her--she seems to really believe these are real. I have attached a pic of many of the fakes (I had some other ones too but bought them a while ago and it's way too late to try to get $ back). You cans ee the labels and those tiny, fake numbers. what a rollercoaster!
001_unsure.gif

caffn8me

As far as I am aware, no employee at a M·A·C counter or store has the authority of Estée Lauder corporate to declare items to be genuine or fake. Most M·A·C employees would be fooled by the better fakes.

This needs to be raised as a dispute with eBay and PayPal.

GlitterLids

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
As far as I am aware, no employee at a M·A·C counter or store has the authority of Estée Lauder corporate to declare items to be genuine or fake. Most M·A·C employees would be fooled by the better fakes.

Thanks. I sent the things back and will hopefully see my refund soon. I have not yet reported her to ebay. here is my concern: the MAC employee verification issue cuts both ways--and I could see a newer MAC MUA thinking these were real--heck, I owned 40 REAL pigments and unknowingly collected all these fakes (remember--I had 14 other fakes from over the last year too) because they look so real. So what is my proof? the side-by-side of the real ones with the fakes? If I report her, I have to have proof, don't I?

I am torn--ne the one had, like you say, she is selling fakes--period. She should NOT be allowed to do this. On the other, she thinks/swears they are verified authentic. I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone with all of this! I want to do the right thing.

kittykit

Quote:

Also, they were all confirmed again as authentic last week at Saks, all of them.

Don't feel bad. Isn't that what they always tell you they've the products confirmed by MAC counters that they're REAL when they know you've found out they're selling fakes?

I've bought fake MAC from 2 sellers who claimed they've had the MAC verified as authentic products but they're fakes.

Definitely file a dispute with eBay and Paypal. I hope you get this sorted out soon.

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me

Glitter,i agree with Sarah
thmbup.gif

I bought a fake Mac zoom lash mascara on eBay,(although i knew it was a fake as soon as i opened the package,my daughters and I use this brand all the time)anyway seller denied it was a fake ,Paypal wanted a written confirmation that it was counterfeit...
Took to my local Mac counter,and was told same thing what Sarah (Caffn8me) just said ...
In fact these fake MAC zoom lash ,are being peddled again on ebay.

7ef1_1.JPG

M. A. C ZOOM LASH BLACK MASCARA FULL SIZE 8G *NEW on eBay, also, Eyeliner, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 04-Mar-09 21:46:52 GMT)
That seller sells fake Mac eyeliner pencils too
thmbdn.gif

Three major differences I noticed between the fake and genuine MAC ZOOM LASH are:
Fake mascara had longer body then the GENUINE

Smell the fake had this strange like nail varnish pong
The actual FAKE tube looked quite SHINY
MY GENUINE MAC mascara tube is very matt !

PS. Please don't feel bad about reporting her to ebay
winkiss.gif
Good luck and let us know the outcome ...

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Thanks. I sent the things back and will hopefully see my refund soon. I have not yet reported her to ebay. here is my concern: the MAC employee verification issue cuts both ways--and I could see a newer MAC MUA thinking these were real--heck, I owned 40 REAL pigments and unknowingly collected all these fakes (remember--I had 14 other fakes from over the last year too) because they look so real. So what is my proof? the side-by-side of the real ones with the fakes? If I report her, I have to have proof, don't I?

I am torn--ne the one had, like you say, she is selling fakes--period. She should NOT be allowed to do this. On the other, she thinks/swears they are verified authentic. I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone with all of this! I want to do the right thing.

Glitter...she WON'T admit to ermm selling fakes!!
ssad.gif
It's not in her best interests ...

GlitterLids

Hi everyone> I got my money back from this seller. I wrote her a note stating that while I thank her for returning my money, I am disturbed she is continuing to sell fakes. She said she would no longer "order pigments from her supplier" and will "finish out selling her current inventory." I replied that I found it disturbing she is still selling possible dangerous pigments to people who don't know any better. She replied that she has "no perosnal reason to believe they are fake." It's amazing.

Thanks to everyone here for your help, understandign and support. Big XOXO to all of you who helped me so much.

Xqueeze_me

Glad you got your money back instead of being out of pocket!

It is still unbelievable how some sellers are THAT greedy to sell off "current inventory" to make some money + profit back. Ridiculous. Criminal!

shooz

She also sold me a fake pigment. She is also known as ss111131 on ebay. Check the other posts on her.

I got my money back but I also felt like absolute cr*ap! I started doubting myself and feeling really bad and I felt sorry for her.
001_unsure.gif

I was going to drop the whole thing because I felt so bad!

These people are professional scammers. I just don't know how they can just keep lying to people. How can they sleep at night?
ohboy.gif

Lovely Gia

I got duped by some fake pigment from ebay. Although i was a little annoyed to begin with, i kept them. The colours are really good, and they are really good quality. Some times fakes aren't that bad.

MAChostage

The bigger problem with fake cosmetics, though, is that you never know what's in them, what they're made of. You could be putting something "pretty" on your face not knowing that it's got something in it that could produce an ill effect later on! Buyer beware!

Lovely Gia

yeah that is true. i've been trying them with caution, and so far (touch wood) i've had no problems. I won't be buying any more MAC from ebay, store only for me. So expensive tho, i've got a bad addiction!!!!! My purse just can't take it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NeonKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAChostage
The bigger problem with fake cosmetics, though, is that you never know what's in them, what they're made of. You could be putting something "pretty" on your face not knowing that it's got something in it that could produce an ill effect later on! Buyer beware!

This is exactly it. For me its a public health concern as unknowing buyers are applying these fake products to their faces, possibly causing damage to their corneas, skin, etc. Medications and chemicals can be absorbed topically, so whatever harmful substances they use to make these fakes will also be floating around in your bloodstream.

Poor regulation and high profitability is what drives the counterfeit market, most of these products originate in Asia, primarily China. The news reports about melamine in pet food and baby formula causing deaths should signal that these people have no concern for safety.

The list of counterfeit products includes toothpaste and blood products. There is nothing safe from this black market industry.

For me, I weight the pros and cons of saving a few bucks buying a product on ebay that could have come from anywhere versus exposing myself to very dangerous substances which we know they are using in fakes. I'll gladly pay retail for the knowledge that my purchases came directly from MAC.

A second troubling industry around fake products is culprits returning the fake goods to legitimate stores for cash refunds. It is common knowledge that you can find fake Rock and Republic jeans in a high end department store, for instance, because the sales clerks do not have the expertise in authenticating all these products. The only thing we can do in this instance is to be mindful of the products we buy from stores, knowing their return policy (does it get trashed or does it go back on the shelves) and being knowledgeable on red flags in packaging and product, or at least knowing where to get the product authenticated, such as specktra.

Bottom line for me when thinking of purchasing any product from an unknown or wholesale source is "is my health worth saving five dollars on this eyeshadow?". I think we all know the answer to that.

GlitterLids

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKitty
This is exactly it. For me its a public health concern as unknowing buyers are applying these fake products to their faces, possibly causing damage to their corneas, skin, etc. Medications and chemicals can be absorbed topically, so whatever harmful substances they use to make these fakes will also be floating around in your bloodstream.

Poor regulation and high profitability is what drives the counterfeit market, most of these products originate in Asia, primarily China. The news reports about melamine in pet food and baby formula causing deaths should signal that these people have no concern for safety.

The list of counterfeit products includes toothpaste and blood products. There is nothing safe from this black market industry.

For me, I weight the pros and cons of saving a few bucks buying a product on ebay that could have come from anywhere versus exposing myself to very dangerous substances which we know they are using in fakes. I'll gladly pay retail for the knowledge that my purchases came directly from MAC.

A second troubling industry around fake products is culprits returning the fake goods to legitimate stores for cash refunds. It is common knowledge that you can find fake Rock and Republic jeans in a high end department store, for instance, because the sales clerks do not have the expertise in authenticating all these products. The only thing we can do in this instance is to be mindful of the products we buy from stores, knowing their return policy (does it get trashed or does it go back on the shelves) and being knowledgeable on red flags in packaging and product, or at least knowing where to get the product authenticated, such as specktra.

Bottom line for me when thinking of purchasing any product from an unknown or wholesale source is "is my health worth saving five dollars on this eyeshadow?". I think we all know the answer to that.

Amen, sister.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Gia
I got duped by some fake pigment from ebay. Although i was a little annoyed to begin with, i kept them. The colours are really good, and they are really good quality. Some times fakes aren't that bad.

These are counterfeit - you dont know whats in them, they havent been tested either so you cannot say whether they are good quality or not.... and I'd bet on not.

NeonKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
These are counterfeit - you dont know whats in them, they havent been tested either so you cannot say whether they are good quality or not.... and I'd bet on not.

WORD

You don't know if it is coloured chalk mixed with rat poison, highly leaded powder paint, cornstarch and milled toenail clippings. It doesn't matter how it looks on you, you simply have no idea what is in the powder unless you conduct a full chemical analysis on it. Any of those things applied to your eyes can scratch your corneas and/or be absorbed transcutaneously into your bloodstream.

For instance, what if you bought a fake paintpot that looked just as good as the real thing, and hey, you saved money anyways, so what's the big deal? Except its really nitroglycerin paste, and have applied enough to your eyelids to cause complete cardiovascualr collapse.

That fake pigment could be all coloured warfarin powder and gives you a nice spontaneous brain bleed because your INR is unwittingly 7.0 after days of application to your eyes.

What if that is actually pigment in there, and was handled in a contaminated environment (i'm betting these counterfeiters are not big on splurging for gloves and masks and wasting time cleaning machinery) and you are now applying pigment contaminated with powdered rat droppings or fungus?

Having that perfect smoke signal pigment dupe at a cost savings of $13 isn't really all that great idea when you wake up in the intensive care unit on dialysis for kidney failure and a 1/4 of your skull removed in an effort to accomodate your bleeding and brain swelling.

I'm being a little overdramatic, I'm sure, but look at that fake jar of pigment again and tell me if it isn't at least POSSIBLE one of these dangerous substances is lurking within.