Sephora Blockbuster Palette

La Ilusion

I was looking at this on the Sephora site the other day and wondering the same thing. I decided that, for me, it was probably not a must-have. The first thing that struck me was how many of the eyeshadows are pastels -- and cool pastels, at that! So, I'm sure that's a plus for many people, just not for me.
The lip and face colors seem a little more interesting to me, but I think if one has a pretty full collection already, there's nothing really to go wild about.
But, again, this is just my take. I wouldn't want to dissuade you from a purchase that may turn out to be fantastic for you. I guess I'm not really helping at all. :confused:

LeeanneMarie

I read some reviews at makeupalley.com and many of them said the eyeshadows were chalky with poor color payoff. It is a little cheap looking, but then again I've never seen it in person.

Temptasia

I am always weary of monster palettes like those...reminds me of those cheap holiday gift sets at your local drug store for pre-teens.

I am sorry I have nothing useful to say as I have not tested it out myself.

Evey

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Ilusion
I was looking at this on the Sephora site the other day and wondering the same thing. I decided that, for me, it was probably not a must-have. The first thing that struck me was how many of the eyeshadows are pastels -- and cool pastels, at that! So, I'm sure that's a plus for many people, just not for me.
The lip and face colors seem a little more interesting to me, but I think if one has a pretty full collection already, there's nothing really to go wild about.
But, again, this is just my take. I wouldn't want to dissuade you from a purchase that may turn out to be fantastic for you. I guess I'm not really helping at all. :confused:

LOL...You did help cuz I noticed the same thing...maybe i should wait to see if something better comes along. I'm waiting for Christmas cuz I asked for a makeup kit from Camera Ready Cosmetics.
th_thb5ed765e.gif
:fingers Crossed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temptasia
I am always weary of monster palettes like those...reminds me of those cheap holiday gift sets at your local drug store for pre-teens.

I am sorry I have nothing useful to say as I have not tested it out myself.

True! It does look like those little sets...how gay...hahahhaa

*KT*

One of my co-workers said she wanted to buy her daughter some makeup for Christmas since her daughter is 14 and doesn't have any of her own yet. She said she was just going to go out to a drugstore and buy a bunch so I recommended this set to her as a way to get a bunch of fairly safe colors for her daughter to experiment with. Hearing the color payoff isn't very good is probably a selling point for this purpose as the mom doesn't really want her daughter wearing heavy makeup anyway.
winks.gif

Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeanneMarie
I read some reviews at makeupalley.com and many of them said the eyeshadows were chalky with poor color payoff. It is a little cheap looking, but then again I've never seen it in person.

I've seen it in person and you are right.
thmbdn.gif

ash10spro

i saw it in person and the face products looked okay, but unfortunately the eyeshadows looked chalky. i even swatched a few and the color payoff was poor.

Kuuipo

Sears,Ross,etc, all have similar palettes. They are good for teens who are just begining to experiment. They are also good for making art work! On pastel or charcoal paper you can draw with makeup and use hairspray to fix it.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
They are also good for making art work! On pastel or charcoal paper you can draw with makeup and use hairspray to fix it.

lol
tong.gif

tinagrzela

I tested it this weekend, and they eyeshadows have extremely poor colour payoff...very very sheer, so if that's what you want, it'll be great for you...

ndn-ista

Yeah I bought this and returned it. I like my eyeshadows to be pigmented and velvety. These eyshadows very def sheer and chalky.

Latest posts