Sephora Friends & Family 2013

mousygiggles

Bummed so many are having issues with these Hourglass palettes, something has to be wrong with Sephora.

ps check my signature if you need something lol.
I really think the warehouse workers are swatching our shiz.
finger.gif

Knope2012

If my Hourglass palette arrives swatched, I'll be beyond annoyed. And Sephora won't be waiting a month to process my return like they usually do.

UrbanSweetheart

Miss TT, you are AH-MAY-ZIIIIIIIIING! Thank you so much for doing this for so many ladies on this lovely board, including myself. Your generosity is astounding. Many thanks to Richelle for her help in this project as well. I love yall
heart.gif

deadSAVVY

My nars one night stand blush palette is being delivered early tomorrow instead of Tuesday woohoo! It's only a day but that does not stop me from cheesing big all day!!! :)

beatlegirl

You think? How long for results? It's sitting on my sink. I only used it about 3x though. I don't know. Too many dang products for me to try in my box o' goodies. It stinks b/c I have to spend so many weeks giving them a chance to see if they really work, but I get impatient. Especially when so many other pretty jars are sitting there looking at me.
LOL that's my problem too, I'm always thinking Ok, which one to try out now? I have tons of the OH Vitamin C oil that I got with the 100 perks and I also picked up the duo set awhile back. Still haven't used it yet (waiting to finish up my current serum) but I hear others saying its a strong fish smell (like Perricone) but I don't get that. To me it smells really good.

I'm really wanting to pick up the Guerlain terracota pressed powder but Sephora doesn't have it yet and I'm thinking that they may not get it. Now I'm torn between that and the crazy balls.
Too many choices!!

boschicka

Btw tarte should be having 30% sale in december like they did last year, which is better than sephora's FF sale ^^
Thanks! Also, for people with limited funds at the moment deciding on Nars items (non LE of course), I believe Nars had a F&F sale at the end of last November, so hopefully it will happen again this year. Same 20% off, so maybe you can space orders out to help with the wallet pain.

Knope2012

I'm scared to order one now because of all the messed up deliveries.... :/

Quote: Originally Posted by Serenityy

Same here! All these scratched up palettes got me worried about mine...
I am too. I also hate confrontation, so I wouldn't like having to call Sephora to explain it. It just seems odd that this seems to be only happening to the Hourglass palettes and not the other products. That makes it sound like a manufacturing issue to me, but none of the bloggers mentioned it.

I feel like as it gets closer to the VIB sale, we'll have to do one of those pop-up Terms of Service type things that says "The VIB Sale will start _________. It will be e-mailed to the e-mail you've registered with Sephora. VIBs will get 20%. BIs will get 15%. There are no codes. No one is e-mailing anymore codes for the F&F sale, which is a different thing. Click to indicate you've read."

boschicka

Hi everyone! I'm one of those people that googled "Sephora Friends & Family" to get info about the sale, and found this forum. I just want to thank MissTT and Richelle83 for all their hard work and everything they had to put up with. It's amazing how many people don't know how to follow simple directions or have manners! I don't know many people that would've taken on this task just out of the goodness of their hearts.
heart.gif
Now that I've found Specktra, I look forward to chatting about makeup nonstop without having people think I'm crazy! lol

Here's what I got at the sale:
Nars Larger Than Life Lip Gloss in Paris Follies
Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Foundation
Anastasia Brow Wiz
Dior Creme de Rose Lip Balm
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light
Laura Mercier Artist's Palette for Eyes
YSL Touche Eclat
... and a few skincare items for my mom

I saved $110, so thank you once again!
girlhaha.gif
Hi! I'm new here too. Loved the "without having people think I'm crazy!" I have the same issue. I'm a scientist so most of my coworkers don't even wear makeup and my friends/family use it but aren't obsessed. I also ordered the LM Artist's Palette. I have the previous one (from 2012?) and it's a little dark overall, so I'm hoping the combo of the two palettes will be perfect. Some overlap of colors but ones I like. Have you used the YSL Touche Eclat before or is it new to you?

Knope2012

Hi! I'm new here too. Loved the "without having people think I'm crazy!" I have the same issue. I'm a scientist so most of my coworkers don't even wear makeup and my friends/family use it but aren't obsessed. I also ordered the LM Artist's Palette. I have the previous one (from 2012?) and it's a little dark overall, so I'm hoping the combo of the two palettes will be perfect. Some overlap of colors but ones I like. Have you used the YSL Touche Eclat before or is it new to you?
th_770016001157748873-final.gif
I'm always surprised by how few people I see wearing makeup in public. Many are probably wearing foundation and maybe mascara, but I rarely see lipstick worn around here. It's really nice to have a group of people to obsess over makeup with
heart.gif

Richelle83

My cart is full of really non makeup items for the first time ever!

Trying to decide on what to get my mom, she's 60 even skintone(jealous) but has age spots. I was thinking of getting her this and this. Asked her last week what she uses, "oh just some oil of Olay", that's it Mom? Yep, nothing else.

Still unsure all around.

DILLIGAF

It's also an automatic play for me because of Batman. I've even played both Lego Batman games, and they're a lot of fun. I LOVE The Sims! I usually play on my husband's PC because my laptop isn't strong enough for it, and right now we're getting an error with it that we need to fix. It kills me because I haven't had a good chance to play University yet and I really would love to. I'm excited for Sims 4 too! These games are so addictive. It's the customization aspect that gets me addicted. I also enjoy Animal Crossing on the 3DS.

It is awesome finding other girls obsessed with both video games and makeup! I'm not an amazing gamer since I wasn't allowed any consoles as a child, but they're a lot of fun for me.
I love Lego games I also can't wait for LEGO MARVEL SUPERHEROS! I think its releasing this month too.

YAY for Girl Gamers that LOVE makeup!!!!

beatlegirl

My cart is full of really non makeup items for the first time ever!

Trying to decide on what to get my mom, she's 60 even skintone(jealous) but has age spots. I was thinking of getting her this and this. Asked her last week what she uses, "oh just some oil of Olay", that's it Mom? Yep, nothing else.

Still unsure all around.
I think that's a great choice! I'm in my 50's and love Murad. I just picked up the Vitamin C Ester 15 which I don't even see on the website anymore. My JCP store had it for half price and its normally 120. I also love the green line from Murad. Hopefully she won't have any skin irrations. It's always impossible to know until you try them. But I think it's a great choice! Either Murad or PTR :)

Knope2012

Do it!!!! You will NOT be disappointed!

Actually when the PS4 drops I'm actually going to get a new PS3 and then in 6 months or so get a PS4. I have an original brick style PS3 and would love one with bigger storage.

Whos walkthrough are you watching for BEYOND:TWO SOULS? I've been following theradbrad since he demoed Dead Space 2. I love the Sims! I even have the kindle fire version of the Sims downloaded on my tablet. LIke you said I'm buying ACIV and Batman because DUH Batman and Pirates!!!
I love Lego games I also can't wait for LEGO MARVEL SUPERHEROS! I think its releasing this month too.

YAY for Girl Gamers that LOVE makeup!!!!
Yes, that's another game I've been waiting for forever to release! I love to hit the Black Friday sales to pick up a couple of games for cheap. Last year, I got Lego Batman 2 for $5.

And yes, YAY for Girl Gamers into makeup!
heart.gif

brittbby

Guys! I'm so happy to see more girl gamers! My boyfriend and I actually got into a fight because he said all I do anymore is play GTA V... Oops lol!

Lipstickdiva420

Still adding stuff to my cart LOL, MissTT, you might be the cause of me reaching rouge status!!
I'm still adding stuff too lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by brittbby

Guys! I'm so happy to see more girl gamers! My boyfriend and I actually got into a fight because he said all I do anymore is play GTA V... Oops lol!
Lol, me and my bf fight over who's account we're going to play in cod lol.

deanfour

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara or Benefit They're Real Mascara??? I'm debating. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PixieDancer

I just picked up a sample of the Smashbox CC cream the other day. With the weather change the BB cream dried my skin out. Mostly my cheeks. What do you think about the two products if you've tried them both? The Murad Collagen Infusion works, but I'm not sure if I want to continue using it due to the lavender oil. Hmmm, just looked at the ingredient list and see lavender oil is at the end. Maybe I will chance it...
This will be my 2nd bottle of the Smashbox CC Cream. I really like it. I use it 2 ways... 1 as a primer under my normal foundation & 2nd on its own mixed w MAC's Golden Elixer on days I don't need full coverage. It lasts quite awhile too, as you don't need a large amount. As for the Murad, I've never used the Collagen Infusion. I saw a review where a girl was using it on her lips as a plumper. That got me curious & thought this sale was a great time to try it. I'm glad to hear you say it works! Let me know what you think about the CC cream when you try it out! Thanks again doll for the code!!
My cart is full of really non makeup items for the first time ever! Trying to decide on what to get my mom, she's 60 even skintone(jealous) but has age spots. I was thinking of getting her this and this. Asked her last week what she uses, "oh just some oil of Olay", that's it Mom? Yep, nothing else.  Still unsure all around.
LOL my mom is the SAME way! Oil of Olay and Covergirl makeup! I can't get her to try anything too high end. I bought her a Clarisonic & Arbonnes whole anti aging skincare line last year for Christmas. Last week when I went to visit, I discovered the Clarisonic box unopened in the bathroom! She's a stubborn woman but I love her! Good luck w your mama!

Knope2012

lol my husband might do that when I'm not at home. Ever since I bought him a copy, it's the only game he plays