Sephora Friends & Family 2013

MissTT

Yes. Lancome, Estee Lauder, Clinique, and Clarins. That's it. One mall had a Merle Norman for awhile LOL. One store had Urban Decay about 15 years ago. All I was able to get was their lip gloss b/c I was poor and/or refused to spend a lot on makeup. I also bought one of their body powders to give to my bff for a gift. The gloss came in a tube with XXX on it. They were super minty and sticky as all get out. They had silver caps and would leak sometimes. I had an Ozone mini and the darkest purple they had. Maybe Love Junkie? it's funny b/c I was just searching for it online and realized that was long before people started taking pics of stuff and putting it online. The world has gotten so strange. Hardly anyone had a website back then.

Kaori

There is new Kate Somerville 500pt perk (46$ value):

Kate Somerville’s Complexion Essentials. Limited quantities are available so once this product is gone, it’s gone. Remove impurities, slough off dead skin, and hydrate your complexion with this trio of Kate Somerville’s skincare standouts that will have you photo-ready and flawless for the holidays.
-Oil Free Moisturizer (0.5 oz)
-ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment (0.25 oz)
-Detox Daily Cleanser (2.0 oz)

Knope2012

Yes. Lancome, Estee Lauder, Clinique, and Clarins. That's it. One mall had a Merle Norman for awhile LOL. One store had Urban Decay about 15 years ago. All I was able to get was their lip gloss b/c I was poor and/or refused to spend a lot on makeup. I also bought one of their body powders to give to my bff for a gift. The gloss came in a tube with XXX on it. They were super minty and sticky as all get out. They had silver caps and would leak sometimes. I had an Ozone mini and the darkest purple they had. Maybe Love Junkie? it's funny b/c I was just searching for it online and realized that was long before people started taking pics of stuff and putting it online. The world has gotten so strange. Hardly anyone had a website back then.
I think we have a Merle Norman somewhere weird, like a shop on Main Street. I remember all of the stuff UD put out even a few years ago, like those lip glosses that had men in their underwear on them. Everything is online now and everyone has a blog. I did try a few of the vintage UD polishes a few years back off Ebay, but the formula was awful

vaisforluvrs

There is new Kate Somerville 500pt perk:

Kate Somerville’s Complexion Essentials. Limited quantities are available so once this product is gone, it’s gone. Remove impurities, slough off dead skin, and hydrate your complexion with this trio of Kate Somerville’s skincare standouts that will have you photo-ready and flawless for the holidays.
-Oil Free Moisturizer (0.5 oz)
-ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment (0.25 oz)
-Detox Daily Cleanser (2.0 oz)
That's a nice little set, although I don't think I'll spring for this one.

PixieDancer

oh I completely get it! We have two counters in my town, and they're just Lancome and Estee Lauder. I buy blind most of the time too, which turns out okay most of the time. Eye makeup gets a pass from me a lot of the time too, but I do find formulas like the ETK or Dior Mono shadows to be good for a one shadow + eyeliner look. They're definitely worth a look if you ever get a chance!
Just a (hopefully) helpful point... I agree with Knope that ETK make great one and done shadow looks, so they might be worth looking into for you MissTT if you do struggle w time doing more complicated makeup looks for work. They are very dimensional and look much more complex than just 1 shadow. So I find them miraculous. THAT being said, I DO have to stress that Loreal's Infallible eyeshadows are VERY VERY similar to the ETK at a fraction of the price! I have only 3 ETK because at their price point I'm very picky about the colors I choose to buy. But I haven't gotten 1 since discovering the Infallibles. And I currently have 26 of those! I will say that some of the ETK ones are a little more complex, and I would hope so for the cost. But, it's not enough of a difference for me to justify splurging on too many of them over the Infallibles. I highly recommend Loreal Infallible Amber Rush if you want to grab a perm shade to try! Let us know if you take the ETK dive or go the thrifty route with the Infallibles!

PixieDancer

All of my orders have arrived!
I also snagged the Stila 500 point perk and it's a REALLY nice selection! I'm going to give most of the items to my "newly-turned teenager" niece with the rest of her gift for Christmas since they are such low-key, basic colors that will be perfect for a first time makeup wearer. Of course, I'll have to hold back on the red lip product or my sister will have my head!!! LOL
I can't wait to try out this new Hourglass Primer and Foundation... I have never found a Holy Grail foundation... I'd like to put that to rest! Fingers crossed on this product combo!
Also Nars LE CB Blush is GORGEOUSSSSSS! So glad I didn't get scared off by this intense blush. It swatches beautifully and it's about to go on my face!!! WooHoo!

Knope2012

Just a (hopefully) helpful point... I agree with Knope that ETK make great one and done shadow looks, so they might be worth looking into for you MissTT if you do struggle w time doing more complicated makeup looks for work. They are very dimensional and look much more complex than just 1 shadow. So I find them miraculous. THAT being said, I DO have to stress that Loreal's Infallible eyeshadows are VERY VERY similar to the ETK at a fraction of the price! I have only 3 ETK because at their price point I'm very picky about the colors I choose to buy. But I haven't gotten 1 since discovering the Infallibles. And I currently have 26 of those! I will say that some of the ETK ones are a little more complex, and I would hope so for the cost. But, it's not enough of a difference for me to justify splurging on too many of them over the Infallibles. I highly recommend Loreal Infallible Amber Rush if you want to grab a perm shade to try! Let us know if you take the ETK dive or go the thrifty route with the Infallibles!
I've been wanting to try the Infallibles. Do you have any favorites besides Amber Rush? I wouldn't mind picking up a few

boschicka

Thank you. Any recommendations from the brand?
Fluid Sheer
http://www.giorgioarmanibeauty-usa.com/fluid-sheer/A044,default,pd.html?dwvar_A044_color=3&start=6&cgid=foundation
Master Corrector (for under-eyes)
http://www.giorgioarmanibeauty-usa.com/master-corrector/a183,default,pd.html?dwvar_a183_color=2%20-%20orange&start=3&cgid=concealer
Maestro Eraser Concealer (another under-eye option)
http://www.giorgioarmanibeauty-usa.com/Maestro-Eraser-Concealer/A301,default,pd.html?dwvar_A301_color=2&start=1&cgid=concealer

And the ETK shadows! I have the L'Oreal Infallibles, but I prefer the color choices for the ETK. For the Infallibles, I've have enjoyed some of the colors released outside the US, but tracking them down was a pain.

MissTT

I've been looking at the Infallibles at Walgreens because I know they used to be a big deal, but it looks like I will be picking up Amber Rush to kick things off. Thanks for the suggestions.

boschicka I've got a sample of the Master Corrector from Sephora.com, but it's not my color. I should get on trying it out to see if the formula might work for me. It's like Touche Eclat, right? I tried the Armani Maestro Fusion foundation before and it wasn't that special for me and my oily skin. I'm really dry right now so maybe...

eta: Nevermind my sample was from Givenchy. The reviews are looking good on the corrector though. When's this sale end?

boschicka

I've been looking at the Infallibles at Walgreens because I know they used to be a big deal, but it looks like I will be picking up Amber Rush to kick things off. Thanks for the suggestions.

boschicka I've got a sample of the Master Corrector from Sephora.com, but it's not my color. I should get on trying it out to see if the formula might work for me. It's like Touche Eclat, right? I tried the Armani Maestro Fusion foundation before and it wasn't that special for me and my oily skin. I'm really dry right now so maybe...

eta: Nevermind my sample was from Givenchy. The reviews are looking good on the corrector though. When's this sale end?
Dec 4th, I believe.

MissTT

Thank you. So are these Infallibles/ETK some kind of creamy powder hybrid? They've always confused me as I couldn't believe people would be raving over a simple powder shadow. There has to be more to it. What's the big deal with them?

btw Pixie Amber Rush is gorgeous. I will be getting it for sure. Thanks again!

DILLIGAF

I forgot I've tried Eyes To Kill mascara before. Meh...
I so agree!!! For $30 (the most I've EVER spent on a mascara) I was expecting fireworks. As for the Infallibles I would suggest Smoldering Plum it has a exact dupe in the Armani line. I know because I bought them both. Kept the Armani for myself and gave my sister the dupe.

babygirlLAH

finally received my last order yesterday, hourglass ambient lighting palette. going to finally play with all my items I ordered to see which ones are winners. :) hope all you guys are having fun with your items!

MissTT

I swatched the Ambient powders yesterday and decided they all would look terrible on my face. Maybe one would look okay. Even Radiant would leave my face a shimmery mess. (I may be having bitter remorse about not picking up the palette while it was available on sale.)

boschicka

Thank you. So are these Infallibles/ETK some kind of creamy powder hybrid? They've always confused me as I couldn't believe people would be raving over a simple powder shadow. There has to be more to it. What's the big deal with them?

btw Pixie Amber Rush is gorgeous. I will be getting it for sure. Thanks again!
Yes, they feel like a creamy powder hybrid, but are a loosely pressed powder (come with a stopper/press thingy....I'm so articulate, I know). I like the ETK for the complexity of certain colors. Not all of them have this, so I would definitely go with the cheaper Infallibles if there is a dupe. But some of the colors are very unique and reflect differently in different light, etc. I don't think they're exactly duochrome, but I don't know the technicals of that distinction. I also like that when they swatch metallic, they look metallic on the eye. I have so many shadows that look shimmery or metallic when swatched but look much less impressive on the eye.
I believe you mentioned you have a Lancome counter in your town. You could check out in person and swatch their version. Again, less complex than some of the ETK but same formulation. (makes sense, L'Oreal owns Armani & Lancome)

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/lancome-color-design-infinite-luminous-eyeshadow/3366380?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_ite=lancome_%27color_design%27_infinite_luminous_eyeshadow:599174&cm_pla=makeup:women:eye&cm_ven=Google_Product_Ads&mr:referralID=e1394c5a-52c5-11e3-beb7-001b2166c2c0

boschicka

I know this is the Sephora thread, but there were some ladies here who wanted a few Armani products at a discount. Just got a card in the mail:

Friends & Family
20% off any order of $75
Code: FAMILY13
11/21 to 12/04
I think the code only works if you enter it as lowercase. family13

Not 100% sure, but it didn't work at first as all uppercase, so I tried lowercase and it went through.

babygirlLAH

I swatched the Ambient powders yesterday and decided they all would look terrible on my face. Maybe one would look okay. Even Radiant would leave my face a shimmery mess. (I may be having bitter remorse about not picking up the palette while it was available on sale.)
ugh, hope it doesn't look horrible on me.
I think the code only works if you enter it as lowercase.  family13 Not 100% sure, but it didn't work at first as all uppercase, so I tried lowercase and it went through.
tried it uppercase and lowercase a bunch of times and it didn't work. which is a good thing cause I have so much stuff to play with and I have three palettes on the way. lmao. damn these limited edition and popular items! :/

thejwlife

I love my palette. I used dim all over and it's not shimmery. Maybe there will be a specific Hourglass sale and you'll be able to get it. What did you think about dim?