Sephora Friends & Family 2013

Ajigglin

To me, it makes more sense to come in sans makeup so the MUA can work on a clear palette. That's what I do, personally. Saves everyone the step of having to take your makeup off.

bvenice1920

Hmm. I don't judge anybody for coming in w/o makeup. I can tell by talking to you if you know your stuff. And I don't judge you if you don't know your stuff either. That's what I'm there for.
winks.gif
People come in after working out or whatever. They'd be jerks to judge you when they don't know what's going on. Now some people will give you side eye you if you come in with crazy makeup or look 'ratchet' as the kids say. Men always seem surprised when I assume they are shopping for themselves.
th_dunno.gif
I don't judge. I did put concealer on a 9 y/o boy once b/c his mom was looking for concealer and also remarked about the boy's own dark circles. After I did the first eye I cringed b/c I remembered how homophobic people are and I got this weird feeling. He had no problem w/ it and liked the results. Mom probably thought I gave him the gay.
Ok you are freaking awesome! hearts and hugs to you!

MissTT

To me, it makes more sense to come in sans makeup so the MUA can work on a clear palette. That's what I do, personally. Saves everyone the step of having to take your makeup off.
Exactly. The skin gets irritated from too much manipulation. A lot of people turn red as soon as you start wiping it off. Also, I never feel like the cleaning is thorough enough. I love when people don't have makeup on when looking for foundation. I can see what their skin looks like when it's relatively calm.

Baby1black

Hmm. I don't judge anybody for coming in w/o makeup. I can tell by talking to you if you know your stuff. And I don't judge you if you don't know your stuff either. That's what I'm there for. ;)  People come in after working out or whatever. They'd be jerks to judge you when they don't know what's going on. Now some people will give you side eye you if you come in with crazy makeup or look 'ratchet' as the kids say. Men always seem surprised when I assume they are shopping for themselves. :dunno:  I don't judge. I did put concealer on a 9 y/o boy once b/c his mom was looking for concealer and also remarked about the boy's own dark circles. After I did the first eye I cringed b/c I remembered how homophobic people are and I got this weird feeling. He had no problem w/ it and liked the results. Mom probably thought I gave him the gay.
I definitely wish you were working at my sephora. No seriously not a lot of mua are like you. I only know of one vintagetacky, she has a youtube chanel and she used to work at a mac location near me and seriously I used to go almost every week to mac and buy makeup products because not only was she knowledgeable about makeup but she cared less what you look like coming in. But since she has left that location I have been there a handful of times because the new mua that they have hired gave you that up and down look .

LinenWhite7

Also, I just don't think the deals are so amazing. For example, Old Navy is having 50% off everything on Black Friday, but I placed an order today and got free shipping, Ebates, and everything I purchased was more than 50% off. Also, I ordered from Gap and everything is 50% off right now for cardholders, again with free shipping and Ebates. Plus I can try everything on at home and return what I don't want later! I've already finished Christmas shopping for my kids by following coupon sites on Facebook that put up alerts on good deals on toys that are way cheaper than they will be on Black Friday.

Silverbella

Also, I just don't think the deals are so amazing. For example, Old Navy is having 50% off everything on Black Friday, but I placed an order today and got free shipping, Ebates, and everything I purchased was more than 50% off. Also, I ordered from Gap and everything is 50% off right now for cardholders, again with free shipping and Ebates. Plus I can try everything on at home and return what I don't want later! I've already finished Christmas shopping for my kids by following coupon sites on Facebook that put up alerts on good deals on toys that are way cheaper than they will be on Black Friday.
Wow, congrats on being done so early! Can you tell us which Facebook coupon sites you used to do this?

PixieDancer

For anyone who was still looking...
OCC 12 Mini Liptar set and Kat Von D Ladybird Palette are both back in stock...
NOW the debate over whether or not I should get them now at full price!?!? I really can't justify it so close to Christmas...

lilinah

I am 1500 messages behind, and i think i won't try to catch up...

I didn't get to my local sephora until Monday, the last day. They were out of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette (and on-line too) and i am sorry i missed it. But i did pick up Mood Light which is looks quite neutral in the pan and is a slightly lavender pink. It blends in beautifully and i think i may pickup a couple other colors.

Most of what i got was NARS. I went over my sephora wish list and decided on some things. My local sephora no longer had some of the eye shadow colors on my list, altho NARS still makes them. I got 2 duo eye shadows, Isolde ("frosted ginger / shimmering copper") and Marie-Gallant ("iridescent orchid / iridescent regal blue") which wasn't on my list, but which i loved when i tested it. And 2 single shadows, Strada (amethyst infused w/gold), which has been on my list a long time... as if i need more purples, and Persia, which is aptly described as "matte paprika". I also got Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Train Bleu - "deep aubergine", Eye Liner Pencil in Kyoto - olive-gold, Eye Paint in Tatar (“black with purple shimmer” but as Temptalia says is really more subtly violet-tinted black with violet, purple, and fuchsia micro-shimmer), and Concealer in Chantilly - it might not be creamy enough for my tender under-eye area, but i'll give it a bit more time...

KiKi Kontour

NOW the debate over whether or not I should get them now at full price!?!? I really can't justify it so close to Christmas...
ive been stalkin since they went out of stock and now finally i have the chance...HOWEVER...im leavin for my cruise this Friday. if they are available when i get back maybe i can get it for my xmas gift. if not...oh well. i really hope i can get it tho!!

janette9687

i got the email and went back for theKVD Ladybird, yay im excited i had to add a mini JM argon oil for free shipping lol

erine1881

I am 1500 messages behind, and i think i won't try to catch up... I didn't get to my local sephora until Monday, the last day. They were out of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette (and on-line too) and i am sorry i missed it. But i did pick up Mood Light which is looks quite neutral in the pan and is a slightly lavender pink. It blends in beautifully and i think i may pickup a couple other colors. Most of what i got was NARS. I went over my sephora wish list and decided on some things. My local sephora no longer had some of the eye shadow colors on my list, altho NARS still makes them. I got 2 duo eye shadows, Isolde ("frosted ginger / shimmering copper") and Marie-Gallant ("iridescent orchid / iridescent regal blue") which wasn't on my list, but which i loved when i tested it. And 2 single shadows, Strada (amethyst infused w/gold), which has been on my list a long time... as if i need more purples, and Persia, which is aptly described as "matte paprika". I also got Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Train Bleu - "deep aubergine", Eye Liner Pencil in Kyoto - olive-gold, Eye Paint in Tatar (“black with purple shimmer” but as Temptalia says is really more subtly violet-tinted black with violet, purple, and fuchsia micro-shimmer), and Concealer in Chantilly - it might not be creamy enough for my tender under-eye area, but i'll give it a bit more time...
You just reminded me that i have Persia!