Sephora's Reigning Beauties: Ariel - The Little Mermaid

VampyCouture

I think it's dumb to have sent out the items to bloggers if they're planning to wait a long time like this for the release. I love when bloggers can review things early but like a few days to a week not more than that. Because by the time this comes out I'm sure a lot of people will forget that the items have already been reviewed. The longer Sephora waits the more exposure they lose, whereas if blogs show things release week, the sales will be more frenzied ITA! Plus as was mentioned, a lot of lines have started releasing their fall collections - Chanel, Dior, Urban Decay etc. The Ariel collection definitely screams summer to me, and now I am starting to purchase fall stuff. I have moved past buying summer colors.
Ariel definitely screams summer to me. I have no idea what Sephora is thinking.

I'm so over this. Makes me not want stuff from this collection anymore.

Marvelle

Hey guys. I left America a few weeks ago but was lucky enough to snap up the storylook palette while it was still online! I've been keeping tabs on this thread and the collection just out of interest and I have a theory about why the rest of the collection has taken so long.

Today Disney Consumer Products announced that a Sephora pop up shop will be available at D23 (disney convention) this August selling the Ariel collection and exclusive Ariel items (such as the swarovski encrusted mirror yada yada) Just a thought that maybe Disney limited the release of this so it remained exclusive to D23? D23 is Aug 9-11th so the collection could POSSIBLY release after then. Just an idea :)

MissTT

Did someone posting in this thread work at Sephora or was that in the Jasmine thread? I need to speak with an employee (current or former) asap!
th_DANCE.gif

Marvelle

Just had my first play with the palette yesterday, for some reason I'm not really connecting with it. I don't know, something seems off with me compared to the other palettes... I can't work out why! Some swatches if you'd like to see :) (by the way the order is back to front!)

Naughtyp

Just had my first play with the palette yesterday, for some reason I'm not really connecting with it. I don't know, something seems off with me compared to the other palettes... I can't work out why! Some swatches if you'd like to see :) (by the way the order is back to front!)

Nice swatches! makes me kinda regret not ordering it now =(

Nice swatches, thanks for taking the time. A part of me wants the palette, just for my love of Ariel since i was little...but i don't know.

LiliV

For all the hesitant ladies, if it helps, I use my Ariel palette almost every day I think it's perfect for summer!

Haven

Just FYI - I was in Sephora yesterday and asked about this collection. SA's said that now they are being told that it will not be released until at least August (in stores; not sure about online). I asked them where is the logic in that, and they all just shook their heads and said that they didn't get it either. Maybe Sephora is waiting for Disney Expo to occur?

Hopefully they were misinformed.

LiliV

I can't believe it's mid July and we still have no idea when it's coming. I think Sephora really messed up this launch, it seems like the only people who are still waiting for the items and haven't forgotten about the collection (I know we're make up junkies but I have to think the average person would have seen that initial June thing and eventually been like oh it's not out? Ok whatever) are more annoyed than excited for them. I think they've lost a lot of sales, if they just launched everything when the palette launched I bet nearly everything would have sold out

LavenderPearl

I agree with you, but I still think that once the mirror is in stock it will sell out. Maybe they're not stalking like us, but they'll remember lol.

ChosenOne

It's bad enough for them to give a (very general) release date/month and then miss it by a long shot. But for them to continue to not give any kind of information is a really poor call on their part. It's frustrating enough as it is for everyone, but keeping people in the dark is not going to help the situation.

Bad move, Sephora. Very bad move.

Ana A

As annoyed as we all are at Sephora I think it is safe to say that the collection will still sell out simply because its Disney and thats why Sephora doesnt give a damn probably. Makeup junkies and women who never wear makeup will still buy it simply because Ariel's face is on it. I remember women (who never dare to wear a red lippie in public and or dare to walk inside a mac store) being upset over not being able to buy ririwoo when it first launched simply because it was Riri.

BriarRose

Today Disney Consumer Products announced that a Sephora pop up shop will be available at D23 (disney convention) this August selling the Ariel collection and exclusive Ariel items (such as the swarovski encrusted mirror yada yada) Just a thought that maybe Disney limited the release of this so it remained exclusive to D23? D23 is Aug 9-11th so the collection could POSSIBLY release after then. Just an idea :)
I think D23 is probably the culprit here.

Disney is embargoing a lot of product lines until the Expo so attendees can get exclusive first dibs at it. They are even embargoing information period on certain collectible lines, which is insane to me.

If that's the case, they should have left well enough alone with TLM release, because the online release date was already announced. Don't change the plan after the fact.

shadowaddict

As annoyed as we all are at Sephora I think it is safe to say that the collection will still sell out simply because its Disney and thats why Sephora doesnt give a damn probably. Makeup junkies and women who never wear makeup will still buy it simply because Ariel's face is on it.  I remember women (who never dare to wear a red lippie in public and or dare to walk inside a mac store) being upset over not being able to buy ririwoo when it first launched simply because it was Riri.
Seriously? When I saw there was collection with her I didn't care what was offered. I would never even consider wearing a product with her name on it. I never even looked at the products in the collection. I agree she is a beautiful woman. However she stated in an interview after she was beaten to a pulp that this would give her the opportunity to be a role model for young girls and let them know they do not deserve to be treated that way. It is not a healthy relationship. She was right in that. So many young girls look up to her. She freakin blew it. she not only didn't follow through she went back to the abusive trashy thug and then went on to flaunt it. She said what her PR wanted her to say so not to affect her sales. She is a very talented young woman. Sadly with a screwed up sense of what a respectful relationship Should be. She is a disgrace to all women, particularly to those of us who have been battered and beaten by a spouse or boyfriend. She had the chance to stand up as a celebrity and be a spokesperson. And her general fan base is the target age to reach and make a difference in these girls life, perhaps even save a life. She's pathetic.