Sephora's Reigning Beauties: Princess Jasmine

mac_aiken

The mirror is now listed as permanently out of stock on the website (or at least that is what it shows on my page where it allows you to re-order things you have previously purchased).
So excited to hear that the Little Mermaid is coming next. I love that movie. It brings back lots of memories of me and my daughter when she was little. And I love Ursula!

ChosenOne

The mirror is now listed as permanently out of stock on the website (or at least that is what it shows on my page where it allows you to re-order things you have previously purchased).
So excited to hear that the Little Mermaid is coming next. I love that movie. It brings back lots of memories of me and my daughter when she was little. And I love Ursula!
iagree.gif
Although Ariel is not one of my favorite Disney princesses, Ursula is definitely one of my favorite Disney villains!

Marvelle

Waahh :'( just checked out the prices for a company to ship the Jasmine goodies to me here in the UK and its about $100-$200 :'( Looks like i'm waiting for it to turn up on ebay. Darn you Sephora!

ChosenOne

Got my Jasmine things today!!!
fluffy.gif

The mirror really is a nice weight, and I didn't even realize when I looked at the online pictures of it, but there's an image of the palace behind the metal detailing on the front. Beautiful! Looks like there's a small smudge on one of the little lamps, but I'm sure that would've happened over time anyway, so I'm not going to complain about it.

As for the palette, it is beautiful. The pictures of it online do NOT do it justice. When I opened it up, my jaw almost hit the floor because I was so surprised at the difference in the richness of color between looking at it online and looking at it in person. I'm really looking forward to playing with some of the e/s throughout the week!!!

Anyone else get their goodies yet?

theprettycrush

Got my Jasmine things today!!!  :fluffy: The mirror really is a nice weight, and I didn't even realize when I looked at the online pictures of it, but there's an image of the palace behind the metal detailing on the front.  Beautiful!  Looks like there's a small smudge on one of the little lamps, but I'm sure that would've happened over time anyway, so I'm not going to complain about it. As for the palette, it is beautiful.  The pictures of it online do NOT do it justice.  When I opened it up, my jaw almost hit the floor because I was so surprised at the difference in the richness of color between looking at it online and looking at it in person.  I'm really looking forward to playing with some of the e/s throughout the week!!! Anyone else get their goodies yet?
I got my palette yesterday and it is beautiful! The colors I've tested so far are nicely pigmented and buttery (the shimmers more so than the mattes of course). The colors in the Cinderella palette were everyday colors, whereas these are more suited to bolder/evening looks. I plan to pick the mirror up when it hits stores.

MissTT

When is this expected to hit stores again? I'm so mad I didn't get the mirror over the weekend. I was leisurely adding other things to my cart to qualify for free shipping and of course concentrating on what I thought I might actually need or want. They don't even have the email notification set up for restock. Balderdash!

LadyMisfit

I got my palette and compact mirror in yesterday and I'm in LOVE. I wore Cave of Wonders (inner portion of lid, Mystical Wonder (mid lid area, Lapis (outer corner and blended crease color), Ali Ababwa (blended along the crease color to diffuse the harsh line) and Sand of Glass (highlight) today on the eyes. I used the blush and bronzer and paired it with MAC Betty Bright lipstick and I must say it looked really pretty. So far I had the make up on for about 7 hours and no creasing and very minimal fading on just Mysitical Wonder color. FYI I placed all eye shadows over MAC soft ochre pp and jumbo milk pencil.

MissTT

When I use the jumbo Milk pencil by NYX as a base all it does is make the shadows I apply on top patchy and white. I thought it would be a good base to make them pop on my skin, but so far it doesn't work that way. How are you getting colors to cancel out the white?

LadyMisfit

When I use the jumbo Milk pencil by NYX as a base all it does is make the shadows I apply on top patchy and white. I thought it would be a good base to make them pop on my skin, but so far it doesn't work that way. How are you getting colors to cancel out the white?
I apply milk on the lid only an blend it so the eye shadow can apply evenly and not patchy. The I pressed my eyeshadows on then blend them to how I desire. Never had issues with it but the key is to pack the eyeshadows first then sweep it.

MissTT

Do you really blend the Milk out? I wonder if I have too much on my eye? I tried packing the shadow on with the 239 brush, but the white Milk totally showed through. (I was using a Chanel shadow.) I had to wipe it off and redo my eyes. It sucked.

LadyMisfit

Maybe you applied too much. Hmm I'm pretty bad with describing things lol. The best way I can explain how I use it is to look up xsparkage on youtube and look at her recent tutorials. She uses milk underneath her eye shadows and it's exactly the same way I use it.

CartoonChic

I only ordered the mirror and got it yesterday. I also have a smudge on one of the lamps. I guess it may be a batch defect. I'm not wowed by it, but I do like it. I also like the inscription on the inside of the mirror: shut your eyes and take a chance. I didn't get anything else because I don't think I'm likely to use it. I would get the polish set, but they're mini size and I don't care for the look of Sephora's polish bottles. I'm interested in the perfume because of the bottle, but I would need to smell it on me first.

Being an animator, I love Disney; Aladdin is one of my favorite Disney films; and my daughter is named Jasmin. I had to get something from this collection! I went with the mirror because it's safe. My daughter also dresses up as a really cute Princess Jasmine.

CartoonChic

Maybe you applied too much. Hmm I'm pretty bad with describing things lol. The best way I can explain how I use it is to look up xsparkage on youtube and look at her recent tutorials. She uses milk underneath her eye shadows and it's exactly the same way I use it.
I agree. It sounds like you applied too much. You don't want full, opaque coverage since you're using it as a base. You just want to dab it on and blend it out over your lid. It should be a thin coating.

ChosenOne

I only ordered the mirror and got it yesterday. I also have a smudge on one of the lamps. I guess it may be a batch defect. I'm not wowed by it, but I do like it. I also like the inscription on the inside of the mirror: shut your eyes and take a chance. I didn't get anything else because I don't think I'm likely to use it. I would get the polish set, but they're mini size and I don't care for the look of Sephora's polish bottles. I'm interested in the perfume because of the bottle, but I would need to smell it on me first.

Being an animator, I love Disney; Aladdin is one of my favorite Disney films; and my daughter is named Jasmin. I had to get something from this collection! I went with the mirror because it's safe. My daughter also dresses up as a really cute Princess Jasmine.
Aw, we're mirror-smudge sisters
friends.gif
And I think it's so cool that you're an animator!! You must have a whole other level of appreciation for animated films than the rest of us Disney fans (not that Disney is the only company that makes animated films, but you know what I mean!)

MissTT

I agree. It sounds like you applied too much. You don't want full, opaque coverage since you're using it as a base. You just want to dab it on and blend it out over your lid. It should be a thin coating.
I almost texted you whining about it one day, but I figured you're tired of being my personal MUA.
bouquet.gif

CartoonChic

I haven't seen an exact release date yet, but definitely sometime in March. Best bet is to call the Sephora store you plan on going to and asking them.

Sounds beautiful! Happy to hear it doesn't crease or fade (much), as this was my first time buying Sephora e/s.

Aw, we're mirror-smudge sisters
friends.gif
And I think it's so cool that you're an animator!! You must have a whole other level of appreciation for animated films than the rest of us Disney fans (not that Disney is the only company that makes animated films, but you know what I mean!)
Lol, I know exactly what you mean.
friends.gif

hwdsprincess

I almost texted you whining about it one day, but I figured you're tired of being my personal MUA. 
bouquet.gif
Lmao I text her too and PM Erine1881 lol I told her she's like a makeup dr always going to her when I have questions.... I'm glad we have specktra and get advice on stuff we love.... Love you specktra ladies and gents

Latest posts