Sexism- its never acceptable.

M.A.C. head.

Plain and simple, FUCK THAT LADY!

When I was in Sac I would always call ahead of time to see if my favorite MA was working, because I only wanted HIM to help me with my beauty needs. Nick, you're the best! I miss you! LOL @ Shout outs.

Don't let it get you down hon, really. For every one bad experience, I wish you 10 great ones. Not everyone is so blind that they can't recognize talent and experience when they see it!

CantAffordMAC

I chose my MA when I first went to MAC and went straight for the male. He is the one I see everytime I go there, he makes me laugh, hes talented, he is just fabulous. Id choose him any day of the week. To be honest Id actually rather have a male...females are just so rude and catty at times. But even if they werent....theres something special about having a guy do your hair/makeup.

That woman is crazy! Dont let her get to you...if you werent talented, you wouldnt be an MA. She missed out
th_hug.gif

kimmy

that's sad.
ssad.gif
there's this guy that works at my counter and i love when he's working. he's the only artist that will still come up and greet/try to help me even when i'm not wearing a lick of makeup and he'll spend an hour with me even if i'm only looking for a new eyeshadow or lipglass.

chocolategoddes

There's a reason why the best makeup artists, hair stylists, fashion designers, interior designers, plastic surgeons, painters, and clothing stylists are men.

Gay or Straight, the brain of a man is very different than the brain of a woman. Men are very visual and see things differently than a woman would.
I'm not saying a man's mind is better than a woman's mind, but we have to admit that when it comes to these sorts of things, men have an advantage over women that comes to them naturally.

I wouldn't get mad at her for being prejudiced or uncomfortable with the fact that there's a man doing makeup, but her being rude about it is pretty fucked up!

ka-ron

very very very ignorant...
oh god everyone LOVES male MUA's! I love female MUA's too but I would rather die than having no male MUA's in the macstore here! =(

carandru

That is so rude and ignorant, it's crazy!!!

I mean, we all have our prejudices, but you don't have to act on them or be rude because of them. I know when I go to get any service, I don't care if it's a man or woman as long as you know what's you're doing!!! I won't work with anyone that looks jacked up, male or female. If you are going to provide a service to me, you sure a heck better look like you can provide it to yourself!

I don't see why some people can't understand that it doesn't matter what you are holding in between your legs as long as you can masterfully hold a brush. And where was that chick from anyway? Men can't throw down in all the creative areas just as much as women. I've had some seriously hot makeup and hair done by men!

k.a.t

That would make me so mad. Some people are just so effing ignorant and RUDE, there was just no need for that at all. I actually pity people like her, i hope one day she realizes how insentsitive and nasty she's been, then she's gonna feel like a right ar**hole.

reesesilverstar

Oh baby, no... Don't let her get you down, raise yr blood pressure. Ignore that heiffer...

And I'm agreeing that I prefer men touching my hair and face even my female parts... Sorry ladies, but there was only 1 time I let a woman touch me and was happy with the results... Men to me have a certain something when it comes to the more creative aspects of life, and they can think more clearly in a tight spot, and see a straight solution. Better than we can (IMO- I'm not going to argue my point even if you disagree, it's my opinion). PLUS they're WAY GENTLER!!!

And CLEARLY! she's not a real makeup aficionado... Because she would know that some if not more of THE BEST makeup artists are male... So ignore her. If it were a diff situation, I would tell you to tell her go do some homework and take her ignorance elsewhere... But sometimes in the face of glaring prejudice we must grin and bear it at the time, but later, lean on our friends and well wishers to help bring us back to center.

You'll get yours. That was just character building.

abbyquack

I have no problem with male MAs or hairstylists - one of the best stylists I've ever been to is male and like AMAZING. So I think that's just silly, but now you know how women feel sometimes, when we work in fields that aren't "women" jobs- I worked as a motorcoach driver this summer giving tours to people, and I literally had people - male AND female - say they didn't trust me to drive them, and that I didn't know anything about a bus- they would totally squak about it the entire time- and most of the time us female drivers got tipped significantly less than the male drivers for the same job! I was so frustrated half the summer, even though I was an awesome driver. So I totally know how you feel, you're not the only/first person to have an experience like this.
ssad.gif
Unfortunately.

a_star

Wow i cannot believe that, in my own opinions i think male artists are actually REALLY good at make-up. Something about them, they have super skills. My fave MAC artist at the pro store i go to is a male, he always has flawless make-up.

BloodyWellRight

Wow I can't believe someone would say that. The first time I bought stuff from Nordstrom's MAC this lady helped me out...she was friendly but not very helpful...the second time I went a male helped me out and he was SO friendly. He was so helpful, he pointed out colors that would look good with my skin and let me try a bunch of stuff on. He got me to buy a bunch of stuff when I had only planned on buying a couple eyeshadows xD