Shadesticks to be discontinued?!?!

claresauntie

Does anyone know if there's a rumor (verified or not) about these hitting the Chopping Block anytime in the near future?

We haven't gotten shipment of these in awhile, despite being completely out of some of them. And when I mentioned it to my supervisor, she said she had heard they were possibly on the way out.

Frankly, I liked these better than Paints, but now that Paint Pots are out: I'm in love. But I'd still like to know about the Shadesticks...

Anyone got any buzz on this?

d_flawless

Re: Trying again: SHADEsticks question

my guess is no for now, but aren't they sort of slowly discontinuing them...? i want to know too!

erine1881

some colors were discontinued, like mangomix, shimmermint, crimsonaire, blurburry and cedarrose. i haven't heard anything about dc-ing them all.

paopao

I hope they aren't... I prefer them to paints!

claresauntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paopao
I hope they aren't... I prefer them to paints!

I prefer them to Paints, too, but like the Paint Pots better. Still, I like having them as an option

paopao

Haven't tried the paint pots yet, but i suppose they're nicer to use than the paints...

Twinkle_Twinkle

I hope not, I like the Paint Pots too, but the Shadesticks have a special place in my heart.

BloodMittens

I asked my MA if they were getting discontinued. She said no... saying that only some of them got discontinued... yet they still have ALL the shadesticks there. Including Shimmermint, Mangomix... all of them. So naturally I'm going to get them all before they run out.

But no, I don't believe they would get rid of them just yet.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdirenzo
Shimmermint is my faaaavvvv. sad day!

Have you tried Greensmoke Paint Pot. It's similar in color to Shimmermint, slightly more sky blue I think, but it's way easier to apply. I was going to by a backup of Shimmermint because it is d/c'd but there's no need now!

BloodMittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
Have you tried Greensmoke Paint Pot. It's similar in color to Shimmermint, slightly more sky blue I think, but it's way easier to apply. I was going to by a backup of Shimmermint because it is d/c'd but there's no need now!

I have that too. It's just a tad too dark though... and yeah, a little more blue not enough silver. But it is really pretty with shimmermint. Loal.

jadedragonfly

I looooove Beige-ing as a base, I haven't tried the paint pots yet. What would be similar to beige-ing?

thelove4tequila

I'm soooo glad I picked up Mango Mix when I did. I love that color. I probably should get a backup before it gets too hard to find it again.

Karen_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedragonfly
I looooove Beige-ing as a base, I haven't tried the paint pots yet. What would be similar to beige-ing?

Probably Bare Study or Painterly paint pots.

melliquor

I haven't heard they were discontinuing them but they are slowly getting rid of some of the paints. I