Shady...or business savvy...?

Cinci

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C. head.
I appreciate your input on my post, but I hope you're not implying that I'm complaining. If you're not, I'm sorry for the confusion. If you are, I'd appreciate it if you kept your snide remarks elsewhere. Thanks
greengrin.gif

I wasn't saying YOU were complaining.. but others seemed to be looking at MAC negatively... and saying they aren't happy, or saying it is shady... your post seemed to be asking people's opinions on the subject.. So I wrote mine.. (Hence the question mark in the topic) Even though it was not directed at you, if you took my post as "snide" im sorry.. and well, I must be one hell of a b*tch, cause I think I was very nice about how I worded my response...

TISH1124

I don't honestly think anything is meant as a personal attack against anyone...I think we are all talking about MAC's practices and member's opinions on the FF and BBR in general. I think we are all just voicing thoughts in general not specifically targeted at any one personally...except for MAC
th_LMAO.gif

vocaltest

Think yourselves bloody lucky! We don't get that here at all! The most we get is 30% off ONCE a year in ONE store in the whole country!! Not only do you have considerably cheaper MAC than the rest of the world, you're gaining an extra 25% off on top of that! Seriously, be grateful about it. Not that I'm jealous or anything
winks.gif

I think Blushbaby said it in one really...

Cinci

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I don't honestly think anything is meant as a personal attack against anyone...I think we are all talking about MAC's practices and members's opinions on the FF and BBR in general. I think we are all just voicing thoughts in general not specifically targeted at any one personally...except for MAC
th_LMAO.gif

That is exactly how meant it..... I was refering to general opinons of members and some non members whom I have heard discuss the sale...

michmom2

Once again I am happy about the discount. I needed a new Studiofix and some brushes and I'm still buying my BBR products Thurs/Fri in the store. I don't think it's shady at all. I think it's business, period. They didn't have to give us any discount at all, but I do think it is unfair to leave the UK ladies out on the discount. We all love MAC we should all get the discount.

MAC_Whore

Sure, it's only good business. Common sense would dictate that. I realize that everyone's sales are in the toilet right now. It also makes sense that they want to clear the shelves prior to inventory. Less to count and less taxes.

Now, here's my HOWEVER...

It just peeves me as I am generally a pretty savvy shopper. I watch and follow sales patterns, promotions and the like. These recent discounts are out of the norm, so I wasted money by buying Dame Edna and Chill at full price. That pisses me off. Had they normally done sales in the past, I would have waited. The last thing the sale makes me want to do is go and give them more of my money.

Ultimately these are strange economic times and I could live with the above issue. The thing that really gets me though is the fact that they bumped the BBR release, which is out of the norm, to the day after the sale ends. That, in my opinion, is the really crappy thing. They know they can squeeze good dollars out of us with BBR, so they will. Yes, it's good business, but no, it's not good customer service. It makes me not want to buy a single item.

TISH1124

^^ I totally agree...However the majority of us will all still buy ...that is where the problem comes in...we never get to discouraged to NOT buy therefore this practice will always work for them and they will continue to do it...Knowing that we will continue to buy no matter what.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
^^ I totally agree...However the majority of us will all still buy ...that is where the problem comes in...we never get to discouraged to NOT buy therefore this practice will always work for them and they will continue to do it...Knowing that we will continue to buy no matter what.

You are absolutely correct. Sadly, I don't expect the world to get on the "principles bandwagon" over mascara. lol

abbey_08

it is shady but at the same time realistically they arent gonna spend big $$$ on designing a line (BBR) then just go sell it all at a reduced price. it would be stupid to include BBR in the sale because its limited edition and they would loose money.

you are lucky to get a sale though, id sell my nan on ebay to have a sale like that on the uk mac website!!!!!

just stock up on the essential things like foundation, powder etc that you would buy anyway. i think its unreasonable to expect mac to include limited edition lines in the sale.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey_08
it is shady but at the same time realistically they arent gonna spend big $$$ on designing a line (BBR) then just go sell it all at a reduced price. it would be stupid to include BBR in the sale because its limited edition and they would loose money.....

They are as we speak: Dame Edna, Monogram and Chill.

Quote:
...you are lucky to get a sale though, id sell my nan on ebay to have a sale like that on the uk mac website!!!!! ...

Keep your nan. You will miss her.
smiles.gif

Quote:
...just stock up on the essential things like foundation, powder etc that you would buy anyway. i think its unreasonable to expect mac to include limited edition lines in the sale.

But they already are. Just not BBR.

There is a difference between good business and good customer service. A good business is able to do both seamlessly.

Believe me, I can appreciate a sale as much as the next guy or gal. It's just this one aspect of this particular sale that rubs me the wrong way.

abbey_08

Oh i didnt know they had included dame edna and chill. maybe those werent selling as well as they had hoped?! or maybe its because those collections have already been out a couple weeks.

atleast you can get brushes and foundation cheaper. but it must of been anoying for those who had already got chill and edna but atleast the people that couldnt get pro discount on edna can get a discount now, but then that makes even less sense why they couldnt have the pro discount on edna to begin with

my mind boggles haha

M.A.C. head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinci
I wasn't saying YOU were complaining.. but others seemed to be looking at MAC negatively... and saying they aren't happy, or saying it is shady... your post seemed to be asking people's opinions on the subject.. So I wrote mine.. (Hence the question mark in the topic) Even though it was not directed at you, if you took my post as "snide" im sorry.. and well, I must be one hell of a b*tch, cause I think I was very nice about how I worded my response...

Okey dokey, sorry for misreading. That's the trouble with the internet, you can't always tell what someone's getting at. You're not a bitch at all, I just thought that since I made the post that maybe you were talking about me. No worries.

I didn't fall for the sale trick anyway
th_LMAO.gif

M.A.C. head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore

Ultimately these are strange economic times and I could live with the above issue. The thing that really gets me though is the fact that they bumped the BBR release, which is out of the norm, to the day after the sale ends. That, in my opinion, is the really crappy thing. They know they can squeeze good dollars out of us with BBR, so they will. Yes, it's good business, but no, it's not good customer service. It makes me not want to buy a single item.

This is the part that pissed me off the most too. But I'm still gonna slurge :/

Sanayhs

Sorry, MAC, all you got out of me since October has been a $30 gift card, $7.86 of my funds and a bunch of empties. It's staying that way.

HeatherAnn

I don't think it's shady at all.
Every retailer has post holiday sales b/c the usually do inventory in January or February and they want to clear as much out as possible so it doesn't have to be counted.
I think the current economic climate may have also been a factor- since this was the slowest holiday sales season in the last 40 years.

Cinci

They would have gotten me to shop with this sale... Except I just dropped a huge chunk of cash on my student loan the day before, and payday is a week away.. Now, had i not made that loan payment.. I would have picked up the 10 or so items I have been wanting to get was waiting to find at a good price (either by cp or sale) and I would have just bought the BBR collection items at the regular price the next day... but alas my hatred of debts got the better of me and I decided to take a chunk out of that... So today I just ordered my bbr items and 1 mascara at regular price.. the rest of the list.. I'll just be patient and wait for another sale or a good deal on a CP....

Latest posts