Should I pass on Flashtronic?

stellarx1587

I still haven't bought anything from Flashtronic... And im not sure if I should. I'm already passing on Novel Twist indefinitely... I think the main reason Im kinda wanting something from Flashtronic, could be the fact that they look like pretty little planets
eyelove.gif

Do any of you that have purchased this collections feel like they're completely worth it and something that could be used everyday? Will I regret it if I don't pick it up? TIA!!!!!

MACForME

You know, I wasn't sure either until I saw it in RL. You need to swatch the colors on your skin to see what goes and if it looks familiar to anything you already have. I passed on 2 of the e/s's. quarry and ether.. Quarry seemed to be another highlighter, which I have enough of, and quarry was too grey for me, and I have that too.. I also passed on Gold Spill MSF. I did get Northern Lights and Global Glow. I didn't realize that Global Glow was similiar to Shooting Star until I got home. Not sure if I'm going to return it or not.

Either way, I was glad I saw it and swatched. I also learned never to buy anything without seeing it in real life first..

Phantom Goddess

I bought 5 of the 6 eyeshadows from Flashtronic and they are definately worth it. I bought all except the redish one, lovestone. I believe that is the name anyway. The eyshadows when applied dry are very sheer and quite nice for everyday wear. Plus they are so much bigger!

I also plan on buying the lovestone as well.

divaster

I also bought Northern Light and Global Glow. GG is very similiar to Shooting Star, but I like the texture of GG better, so I'll probably keep it. I also bought one e/s, the purple one, but I think I've decided I don't really like the mineralize eyeshadows. I just found one of mine from A Muse that I never use either. I just dont' like the texture. I might return this new one. So, I would say, try and check it out in person, but it wasn't a big deal to me.

Randy Rose

I'm probably going to pass on this collection altogether. The shadows look beautiful in the pans, but are impractical for my needs (drag, stage, and mostly editorial makeup art). Frosts are something that I can write off almost 100%. This isn't the worst collection, but with Blue Storm, Smoke Signals, and especially McQueen and Matte2 coming out in the next few months, I have much better cosmetics on which to spend my money.

AlliSwan

I passed on EVERYTHING. I agree with RR, the shadows were GORGEOUS in the pots, but I have no use for them. They were much too glittery for me and flaked off my skin a lot when I swatched them. I don't have time to pack it on over a base every morning. I like to wash-n-go with my eyeshadow lol...

ledonatella

My gosh, this has been my fave so far this year, these are totally my kinda colors, textures, etc. It's way prettier in person than any swatches or photos make it out to be IMO.

Simply Elegant

I kind of thought the same thing until I saw the collection in real life. Gold mode pigment was my favourite thing that I bought. I think all of the eyeshadows are totally worth it but I only got by jupiter out of those because I couldn't spend too much.

Dizzyray822

I bought Mercurial and By Jupiter e/s and I love them . I think that since they are swirled with a few different colors you have control over making the color darker or lighter, esp with By Jupiter, which I love cause I love neutrals. I also bought Northern Lights and Gold Spill MSF. I have used them both and they look great to me. Gold spill was a little light and unoticable so i'll put some more on next time. I dont think that they are a must but I am having fun with them, so I definitely recommend you take a look in person before writing them off.

KeshieShimmer

I agree swatch it on yourself. For me they were too glittery, maybe if I find one at a CCO I'll buy it because they are so pretty in the pan. The texture seems different from the ones released last year (I use the gold/brown one almost every week).

pinkular

I got ether (my fave e/s of the collection-several different blues and all very pigmented), mercurial, techtonic and northern light msf (love that one alot- great as a blush!). unfortunatly mercurial doesnt show up purple at all- looks like a rosey color not purple and is pretty sheer unless you pack it on. same with techtonic. i think the others are really frosty and sheer and id recomend trying everything in the store first before you buy to see what the colors look like on you.

IvyTrini

Definately not! I bought 4 out of 6 of the MSF shadows. I would definately recommend getting Ether (teal with black, white and gold veining)
eyelove.gif
which appears to be a big favourite with a lot of MUA etc. The trick with the MSFs is to instead of brushing them on to lid, use a cream base then use a firm brush or cotton swab and dab or stipple the colour on. This way the colour comes on more intense and matches what it looks like in the container. Its a amazing colour. I may have to get another one! I bought Lovestone b/c I don't have Cranberry.

bebs

I bought all 6 of them, they are totally beautiful and I <3 them all some are .. I guess close dupes for reg eyeshadows.. but I dont have any of those so it works for me! anyways they show up very well if you use a base and last well when on the skin

tsukiyomi

Try them out at a store or counter and see if you like them.
greengrin.gif
I bought all 6 shadows and I want 2 of the MSF.
greengrin.gif

breathless

i passed on this whole collection. first of all, i don't have the money to get anything. although, i can scrap some money from my fiance if i wanted. but, i didn't find anything too interesting. although, i want all the msf's. but, in all honestly, i don't think i'll ever use them. they're pretty and i want them just to say, i have them.

scarletmaeve

I love this collection and my hubby's wallet is feeling it. I bought Lovestone- even tho I have cranberry, and mercurial. I use beigeing shadestick as a base and all the colors are pretty vibrant when layered over it. I also purchased MSF Northern Lights- so natural on my skin tone. Not to mention I had to have Mauvement piggy (rushmetal) the next day when I went to Nordies to pick up my artifact paint pot. If I wasnt a stay at home mom for now, I would have bought a few more shadows and definitely backups. I wouldnt miss this collection as I am sure if you change your mind later in the year the MSF and ES will be expensive ans hard to find.

Have fun playing,
Anna M.

jenii

Flashtronic is probably the first collection I've ever felt was 100% worth it. No buyers' remorse whatsoever.

The shadows are fantastic. So far, my personal favorite is Ether.

mjalomo

I bought all 6 shadows and all 3 MSF's. I agree that Shooting Star is similar to Global Glow. In fact, all 3 are pretty similar to last year's collection. However, I think for my skin coloring (NC40) this collection is more wearable. In fact, I may go order Rushmetal just because Flashtronic impressed me so much. I agree you should swatch them before you pass on them.

Beauty Mark

I like Northern Lights. The eyeshadows are gorgeous, but my money needs to go elsewhere. If I had money, however, it would be going towards this collection. I think this has been the first collection in a while that I've had money to buy something and have been genuinely excited.

te.amo.mac

i really love the entire collections and had to get everything. In my opinion if you get eyeshadows that have great swirls you have a great number of e/s combination options. I did an entire look the other day with ether from lid, crease to highlight with just that one. And i really like the colors of the MSFs on my skin tone NC 35, so i say its def worth it. But i agree with the ladies that you should go ahead and check it out in person if you can, b/c we are not all the same.

Latest posts