Should I pass on Flashtronic?

AudreyNicole

I bought 3 shadows (Ether, Lovestone and Mecurial) and 2 MSFs (Northern Lights and Gold Spill). Ehter is my favorite... I LOVE it! I am not too fond of Lovestone as an eyeshadow, but I used it today as a blush and love it too. I think Mecurial is going back as it's not doing much for me... it's very sheer dry, and when I apply it wet, it looks kind of bruisy on me. Northern Light MSF is fabulous as a blush by itself and over other blushes. Gold Spill is nice, but I wouldn't say it's a must have. IMO, the standouts of this collection are Ether, Lovestone and Northern Light. If you get them, you won't be sorry
smiles.gif

merleskaya

The two things I bought from Flashtronic were Lovestone e/s and Electro-Lush l/g. The shadows DO look beautiful in the pot--like halves of planets--but they are quite glittery. I bought Lovestone to use as a blush (like AudreyNicole) and I can buff down the glitter by doing some MSF Natural on top and have a pretty flush. I tried By Jupiter because I thought it might make a nice swipe-and-go taupey eye, but I found it way too sparkly for everyday.

I thought (and others have mentioned) that Global Glow looks a LOT like Shooting Star MSF.

OTOH, I ADORE Electrol-Lush l/g...it's medium dark cool pink on me. I love that it's not glittery. I'm wearing it today over Quartz liner and have gotten lots of compliments.

merleskaya

caroni99

This has been my favorite collection so far this year. Though I passed on other collections that people absolutely loved and did not feel bad b/c I know what works for others may not work for me.

I'm brutally picky now when it comes to collections...I refuse to buy into the panic impulse buying anymore. I will only spend my money on things I really love and plan on using. Like everyone else said go and check it out in person and see if anything jumps out at you.

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvyTrini
Definately not! I bought 4 out of 6 of the MSF shadows. I would definately recommend getting Ether (teal with black, white and gold veining)
eyelove.gif
which appears to be a big favourite with a lot of MUA etc. The trick with the MSFs is to instead of brushing them on to lid, use a cream base then use a firm brush or cotton swab and dab or stipple the colour on. This way the colour comes on more intense and matches what it looks like in the container. Its a amazing colour. I may have to get another one! I bought Lovestone b/c I don't have Cranberry.

I love LoveStone. I have Cranberry (the colors are not similar to me), but I use LoveStone as a blush. I also got By Jupiter and Gold Spill MSF... so very nice.
clap.gif
clap.gif

stellarx1587

Thank you to everyone that replied!

I ended up getting Ether, Quarry, and Northern Light!

I love them! The colors are very pretty and I'm glad I got them!

Thank you for all of your input! It really helped!!!

clamster

I bought a lot of the items and a few back ups, of the e/s. The e/s are SO pretty!! They look good applied with a very slightly dampened brush. I would suggest looking at them in person first. At first I didn't think I would like anything, but I ended up buying most of it. At my local nordstroms they sold out of everything except for 2 e/s colors and Gold spill MSF. At the MAC free standing store. They had all three(Northern Light, Global Glow, Gold Spill) MSF's and 1 e/s. I went there I think on 8/1/07. So I believe that is a little over 1 week after the release? So, this collection is selling out FAST!!!( IN STORES)

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamster
I bought a lot of the items and a few back ups, of the e/s. The e/s are SO pretty!! They look good applied with a very slightly dampened brush. I would suggest looking at them in person first. At first I didn't think I would like anything, but I ended up buying most of it. At my local nordstroms they sold out of everything except for 2 e/s colors and Gold spill MSF. At the MAC free standing store. They had all three(Northern Light, Global Glow, Gold Spill) MSF's and 1 e/s. I went there I think on 8/1/07. So I believe that is a little over 1 week after the release? So, this collection is selling out FAST!!!

I don't know about that. I'm really surprised not one of the MSFs (or anything else for that matter) are sold out online!

mima

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvyTrini
Definately not! I bought 4 out of 6 of the MSF shadows. I would definately recommend getting Ether (teal with black, white and gold veining)
eyelove.gif
which appears to be a big favourite with a lot of MUA etc. The trick with the MSFs is to instead of brushing them on to lid, use a cream base then use a firm brush or cotton swab and dab or stipple the colour on. This way the colour comes on more intense and matches what it looks like in the container. Its a amazing colour. I may have to get another one! I bought Lovestone b/c I don't have Cranberry.

thanks so much for this advice. what do you use as your cream base? also, any recommendations for the firm brush? thanks so much

user79

I just got Global Glow MSF from this collection because I had missed out on Shooting Star before. It's great as a bronzer for the summer, will probably not use it as much in the winter though.

_trimm_trabb

All I bought was Lovestone e/s and Gold Spill MSF (plus samples of all the piggies which I bought on Livejournal). I may go back and get a couple more of the mineralized e/s, but I also might not. There are so many collections coming up later this summer/this fall that seem way more exciting, and I really want to save my money for them. I can't WAIT for McQueen for MAC, Mattene/Matte2, Smoke Signals, and others.