Sigma Brushes

Yazmin

are the brush kits good quality or should I buy them seperately ?
The brush kits definitely are a better value, especially if you want and will use the brushes in them. If you only want a few brushes, then you make save a little buy just buying those few, unless the price difference is just a few dollars, then you might as well buy a kit.

DanceLovesMAC

are the brush kits good quality or should I buy them seperately ?
The quality of the individual brushes and the ones in the kit are the same. I really like sigma brushes, some more than others but that's the same for every company. Most of my brushes are either MAC or Sigma. The travel size sigma brush sets are also of the same quality just with the shorter handles. HTH

Ashleybubbles83

i have a few sigma brushes but i have the purple handle kit on my list as well as the sigmax synthetic essential kit and the precision performance eyes kit. and i'll get these if i dont get the yellow handle bdellium brush set.

Richelle83

i have a few sigma brushes but i have the purple handle kit on my list as well as the sigmax synthetic essential kit and the precision performance eyes kit. and i'll get these if i dont get the yellow handle bdellium brush set.
Make sure you google coupon codes whenever you do order. I refused to pay $10.95 USPS for the pink travel set and found a code so I ended up only paying like $2.65 for shipping! I LOVE the bdellium brushes too, have a ton of the green bamboo ones. I wish they were having a sale again.

Ashleybubbles83

Make sure you google coupon codes whenever you do order. I refused to pay $10.95 USPS for the pink travel set and found a code so I ended up only paying like $2.65 for shipping! I LOVE the bdellium brushes too, have a ton of the green bamboo ones. I wish they were having a sale again.
i wish i had gone to IMATS...Bdellium had their $150 premium set with the yellow handle only for $99

OhSoJaded

Has anyone ordered from Sigma this month? I was thinking of placing an order and was wondering if the free gift if you spend $30 was still the shadow samples. Don't really need/want them and I was wondering if the gift would be different next month. Doubt it though...

DanceLovesMAC

I have gotten the E05 eyeliners in travel size my past few purchases. However I almost always spend over $100 since I like to get a few things at once if i'm going to pay for shipping.

PixieDancer

Has anyone ordered from Sigma this month? I was thinking of placing an order and was wondering if the free gift if you spend $30 was still the shadow samples. Don't really need/want them and I was wondering if the gift would be different next month. Doubt it though...
I ordered several brushes this month from Sigma. In my last order I received the eyeshadow trio sample as my free gift w/ purchase. It includes 1 eyeshadow shade from each of their signature palettes Dare, Bare, and Flare.
I ordered a couple more of their version of the discontinued MAC 222. I have one already and would sometimes grab it not knowing it wasn't the 222, they are that close! For those interested it's the E35. Also just picked up the F82 and F84 and they are both FANTASTIC for cream products! I used the F84 with my MAC Face & Body and it worked awesome! And the F82 was MADE for cream blushes... Try it with the Casual Color pots!
Also the F05 is a dead ringer for MAC's 109!!

OhSoJaded

Thanks for the feedback! The last few times I've ordered, I've gotten the E05 (which I almost never use b/c I have the full size, MAC 209 and SK brush) and shadows. I wonder if they send diff shadows or if it's always the same three shades? I liked when they gave travel E25 brushes.

I was looking into the E35, but luckily was able to score some at the CCO. I do enjoy the brushes I do have (especially the Sigmax face brushes...those are so awesome).

I'm still debating on whether or not I should try the F15 (MAC 131 dupe). I've heard they were similar but it seems flatter? The Hakuhodo brush is also another option, but I've never tried that company and am unsure about the quality. Then again, I never owned the 131, so I might be none the wiser re: which is best.

DanceLovesMAC

Thanks for the feedback! The last few times I've ordered, I've gotten the E05 (which I almost never use b/c I have the full size, MAC 209 and SK brush) and shadows. I wonder if they send diff shadows or if it's always the same three shades? I liked when they gave travel E25 brushes.

I was looking into the E35, but luckily was able to score some at the CCO. I do enjoy the brushes I do have (especially the Sigmax face brushes...those are so awesome).

I'm still debating on whether or not I should try the F15 (MAC 131 dupe). I've heard they were similar but it seems flatter? The Hakuhodo brush is also another option, but I've never tried that company and am unsure about the quality. Then again, I never owned the 131, so I might be none the wiser re: which is best.
I know they now give out single shadow gifts as well. I'm assuming that they will rotate colors every few months. As far as brushes go Hakuhodo brushes are a dream, there is no need to worry about quality there. Not even sure if I have ever read a bad review about them either. As far as the F15, its not an exact dupe of the MAC 131. The shape is pretty dead on but the density is different. I also find that the synthetic fibers that Sigma uses in their duo fibre brushes are a bit stiffer & are not nearly as soft as the MAC ones. They aren't scratchy & still apply product well, but I find that I grab for my MAC duo fibre brushes when i want to layer product more softly as the stiffer Sigma fibers can pick up more product than desired. I also have to note that the duo fibre brushes from Sigma are the only ones that have had shedding issues for me.

OhSoJaded

I know they now give out single shadow gifts as well. I'm assuming that they will rotate colors every few months. As far as brushes go Hakuhodo brushes are a dream, there is no need to worry about quality there. Not even sure if I have ever read a bad review about them either. As far as the F15, its not an exact dupe of the MAC 131. The shape is pretty dead on but the density is different. I also find that the synthetic fibers that Sigma uses in their duo fibre brushes are a bit stiffer & are not nearly as soft as the MAC ones. They aren't scratchy & still apply product well, but I find that I grab for my MAC duo fibre brushes when i want to layer product more softly as the stiffer Sigma fibers can pick up more product than desired. I also have to note that the duo fibre brushes from Sigma are the only ones that have had shedding issues for me.
Thanks! Now I really want to try the Hakuhodo brushes. Any recs for where I can purchase one?

DILLIGAF

Thanks! Now I really want to try the Hakuhodo brushes. Any recs for where I can purchase one?
I think the only place to purchase Hakuhodo brushes is directly from their website or during one of the many makeup trade shows offered. Hakuhodo brushes are pricey but from what I understand they are so worth it. I did spend an unnatural amount of time at the booth during the NYC IMATS stroking them.
icon_eek.gif
They are soooooo soft you want to pet them.
eyelove.gif

OhSoJaded

I think the only place to purchase Hakuhodo brushes is directly from their website or during one of the many makeup trade shows offered. Hakuhodo brushes are pricey but from what I understand they are so worth it. I did spend an unnatural amount of time at the booth during the NYC IMATS stroking them.
icon_eek.gif
They are soooooo soft you want to pet them.
eyelove.gif
Thanks! Now I wish I wasn't out of town when IMATS was in LA. I would have loved to have been able to stand in really long lines compare all the different brushes. It's probably better for my wallet that I wasn't able to go! But I'll go check out their website.

Beauty Nerd

I've been using Sigma brushes for awhile now and I think that they are worth the buy. My favorite Sigma brush is the F80 flat brush which I use to apply liquid foundation to give me that airbrush finish.

mosha010

So this is not really about brushes but... The glove cleaner that sigma sells. I received a tiny version of it as a gift at iMaTs and decided to try it since I needed to wash all my new brushes and other similar ones that I was going to compare. This is the mini version and they have a large one on the site. You can get $5 off with code spaglove As you can see, the glove has little ridges for face and for eye brushes to scrub away, to rinse it and to later refine. The original one you can wear and squeeze between your thumbs to reshape your brush.
aqumava8.jpg
Now, I normally wash my brushes once a month (I spot clean them with MUFE brush cleanser after every use (eyeshadow) and liquid foundation brushes get a weekly scrub down. I'm not pro and I only use these brushes for myself so I don't see the need for more often. I NOrMALlY just wash them with some philosophy purity and swirl around in my hand until suds are white again. Which is what I started to do with this Mac 224. Now mid scrubbing I remembered I received this glove and decided to try it. Oh what a filthy lil girl I was! Look how dirty my brush was still!!!!
3eqyma7e.jpg
2edybe5a.jpg
This is the brush being rinsed !!!! The ridges on the rinsing side help drain the water instead of letting the water accumulate and god forbid go up your ferrule (nooooooo! Tear-*) They have these In black, pink, purple and aqua. At sigmabeauty.com I think it successfully scrubbed the heck out of my 224. Do you need it? Prob not if you already have a successful way of cleansing your brushes. Of you don't, and are looking for a cool pretty looking tool to scrub away that actually works then yup! Is it helpful: yea sure. I'm telling you I thought I was "Done" with my scrubbing... And then the glove showed otherwise. How much: $35 bucks.