Sigma Brushes

mosha010

Quote:Originally Posted by mosha010

@yazmin if I see it at the makeup show I'm snatching the tiny up for u.

That would be fantastic if you can! Thank you!
Yea they prob will be giving it away w purchase! I'll be on the lookout

miss0annette

I made my first Sigma purchase for the Jaclyn Hill brush set. I'm excited to try the F80 of foundation. However, as far as, eye brushes I don't know if they'll live up to my mac 217 and 224.

brittbby

I made my first Sigma purchase for the Jaclyn Hill brush set. I'm excited to try the F80 of foundation. However, as far as, eye brushes I don't know if they'll live up to my mac 217 and 224. 
I didn't feel like their version of the 217 did at all. The sigma version is quite stiffer to me. The Rest of the brushes from the set have been fantastic tho!

SatelliteDrmr

I'm curious about ebay sigma style brushes.. I have the F80. It's actually the only sigma brush I own. I would rather spend my money on MAC or Hakuhodo.

However, the F80 is pretty unique. I would like to try the full set of synthetic kabukis. I just don't think they're worth that much money, especially since I wouldn't use them daily, just once in a while...

Has anyone bought these brushes from China or Hong Kong? http://www.ebay.ca/itm/10-PCS-Makeup-Brushes-Cosmetics-Set-Synthetic-Kabuki-Foundation-Blending-Blush-/251466569692?pt=US_Makeup_Brushes&var&hash=item3a8c9357dc&_uhb=1

It's so little money, that I'm really tempted..

ladyjamire

recently splurged and bought both the 18k gold Extravaganza kits the complete kit and the face kit, as well as the big b05 body brush. I cant stop staring at them they are so beautiful haha, but I've heard a lot about shedding with the sigma brushes and I haven't had any whatsoever. They've been amazing so far but I've only washed them once and i only have a few mac brushes but they seem to be about the same quality to me but maybe i am not as picky as some people haha.

shellygrrl

Staff member
The Synthetic Precision Kit of 4 brushes is $20 off right now. Anyone own these brushes?
I have the P82, which I initially got for concealer blending. It's very stiff, IMO. I prefer the RT Deluxe Crease Brush (wish it was available individually!) for under the eyes (though I want to try something shaped like the P86, but not that particular brush, if that makes sense?), and I've now discovered the perks of pinpoint concealing. I'll likely repurpose my P82 for something else -- cream eyeshadow or contour, likely.

DILLIGAF

I have the P82, which I initially got for concealer blending. It's very stiff, IMO. I prefer the RT Deluxe Crease Brush (wish it was available individually!) for under the eyes (though I want to try something shaped like the P86, but not that particular brush, if that makes sense?), and I've now discovered the perks of pinpoint concealing. I'll likely repurpose my P82 for something else -- cream eyeshadow or contour, likely.
Thank you for answering

stylabell

Sometimes i wonder with companies that have cheaper dupe of more high end products is.... are they using the same manufacturer as the higher end company? hope thst make sense.

stylabell

Omg I cringe when I see pins for cleaning make-up brushes, and the photo shows brushes sitting in a jar of water! Eeeekkkk :bang:

shellygrrl

Staff member
Sometimes i wonder with companies that have cheaper dupe of more high end products is.... are they using the same manufacturer as the higher end company? hope thst make sense.
We have a thread about that. You're making perfect sense. As for Sigma brushes, they're made in China, even though the company is US-based. (Made in China isn't necessarily a bad thing.) MAC's LE brushes are also made there (an exception being MAC's 226, which was made in France), while the permanent ones are made in Japan. Whether Sigma's and MAC's LE brushes are made in the same factory, I don't know. I've read rumours about Sigma brushes being the same as Crown (wholesale) brushes but have no hard evidence. That said, I believe they're manufactured in China as well.

Prettypackages

Sigma brushes seem to be having a sale and i'm so tempted by this set. Anyone try it?

http://www.sigmabeauty.com/performance-eyes-kit/p/PEPARNT

omgginalol

I purchased the original set back when they still ripped off the mac names. So about 6 years ago, the only one that didnt hold up was the large face powder brush. Other than that, I think it was worth it

Twinkle_Twinkle

Is anyone using Sigma brushes? I saw an interesting set on Nordies

I have quite a few both their eyeshadow brushes and face brushes. I have to say that I like them all. I have had some issues with the brush ferrels detaching from the brush handle with two brushes, but they send you a replacement brush (and I just super glue it back on). My only gripe is that the 3D Kabuki brush feels like it tugs, although it blends really well. If you have questions about specific brushes let me know.