Sigma Brushes

miss sha

Oh, damn, I thought they would just eventually put the buy-now button back on the page. I just sent an email asking to be put on the waitlist. Guess I'll be looking at a new set of brushes in August. @_@

lkvf99

so u received an email telling you that you can now purchase the brushes. Did it have a special link or something? Just trying to figure out how it works

iShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by damsel
i got the email too and was able to place my order [12 piece]. i was put on the waitlist on mar 28. i got the email to place my order on may 30. so basically a 2 month wait.

Okay, thanks!! I got put on the wait list for the June 15th stock, so I bet I'm a wait list behind you.

iShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkvf99
so u received an email telling you that you can now purchase the brushes. Did it have a special link or something? Just trying to figure out how it works

Copied/pasted from the email I got from Sigma after contacting them about a place on the wait list on April 12th:

Quote:
PRE-ORDERS

If you are pre-ordering a Sigma Makeup product, your e-mail address has been automatically added to our waiting list and you will be notified as soon as it is available for purchase. You will receive an invoice by e-mail with the product you pre-ordered.

The stock for May 7th (individual brushes) and May 29th (complete kits) is sold-out. You are now on the waiting list for the stock that will be available on June 15.

We apologize for the long wait. Our products are handmade and quality is very important to us.

mern

I purchased the complete set with the brush roll 79$ american is the one that I bought. Ive been waiting since Mid-March or so.

mern

For those confused I recieved an email that said this.

Hello:

You are receiving this e-mail because you have pre-ordered a Sigma Makeup product.

To proceed with the purchase of the Sigma Makeup Complete Professional Brush Set with or without brush roll, please use the link bellow.

Complete Set

If you pre-ordered the FACE set or the EYES set, please proceed with your purchase directly from the site:

Sigma Makeup

IMPORTANT: Please allow 3-5 days for your order to be processed and 5-7 days for shipment to be completed. We will be handling a large number of pre-orders.

Thank you for your pre-order, and we hope you enjoy your new Sigma Makeup brushes!

Sigma Makeup Team

Then it just takes you to a checkout cart and you pay. Easy! Im so excited for these.. even more so for this mac sale omg. I have two check out carts ready to go!

ShugAvery2001

I got mines ( I didn't get that 12 piece set) .. but I've been using the SS109 for my foundation... works great.

I loves it.

Sigma Brushes get my vote of confidense.. but guess what .. so do crown brushes ( although crown brushes are "funkier"). I don't think I'll be buying MAC brushes for a while..... between Crown and Sigma I'm set

nichollecaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShugAvery2001
I got mines ( I didn't get that 12 piece set) .. but I've been using the SS109 for my foundation... works great.

I loves it.

Sigma Brushes get my vote of confidense.. but guess what .. so do crown brushes ( although crown brushes are "funkier"). I don't think I'll be buying MAC brushes for a while..... between Crown and Sigma I'm set

tell me please, how do they compare? (crown and sigma) I'm considering another crown order...or is sigma worth the extra money?

ShugAvery2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichollecaren
tell me please, how do they compare? (crown and sigma) I'm considering another crown order...or is sigma worth the extra money?

It's gonna take me a while to do a side by side comparison. But, so far I'd say that I "really like" the sigma brushes.. but mainly because if you close your eyes you'd swear you were using MAC brushes. Sigma MAY be a tad better in quality. I think for most folks purposes though, EITHER would work just fine. Give or take a little more or less shedding (which all of the brushes will do) and strange smells (crown brushes smells almost like medicine the sigma had a slight odor as well)

If you were just needing say 1 set of brushes and you weren't strapped for cash.. I'd definitely go with the sigma. It's a matter of money being the issue. I'd still recommend crown brushes for any beginner.

riss

I'm really wanting to try the Sigma brushes. I only have a few MAC ones and they're great but I'm thinking maybe I'll try Sigma before I spring for a bunch of MAC ones?

kittykit

Quote:
Originally Posted by riss
I'm really wanting to try the Sigma brushes. I only have a few MAC ones and they're great but I'm thinking maybe I'll try Sigma before I spring for a bunch of MAC ones?

Definitely give Sigma a try! I have SS188 and I'm really happy with the quality.

AmberElizabeth

I've spent a seriously rediculous amount of money on an almost complete set of MAC brushes, not to mention I own about a zillion other random brushes from various brands. Alas, I heard about these in early March and got my order in before they sold out. I ordered the full set with the brush roll... I was skeptical, but I've had them for almost 3 months and find myself reaching for certain Sigma brushes over my MAC ones. Some have been heavily used and washed a lot, and they still feel really soft and I haven't had shedding issues! I just recently ordered the kabuki, SS188 and SS109 so I'm pretty anxious to get those and give them a try. I am in love with my MAC 109, so we'll see how the SS109 stacks up.

sassyclassy

For those of you who have emailed the company and received replies, what email did you use? Because I've emailed them a few times and I have yet to receive a reply which is quite annoying. Back in March when I emailed, Simone replied really fast and now it's taking foreverrrrrrr. Plus I have no idea which email to use because the website has 3 different ones.

And the reason why I want to contact them is to add another brush to my order so hopefully they will actually reply to me before they send my package out!!

Edit: I just checked my email and they actually replied!! So yay I am happy, I added the SS109 to my order =)

carandru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichollecaren

Personally, i think the sigma brushes are better quality than the crown brushes i have. I actually keep reaching for my ss224 and ss239 more than my Mac, lol. However, as far as eye brushes go, I think you can go for either company and be satisfied. But i do think the sigma ones are softer.

Now face brushes, SIGMA all the way lol. I used my ss150 on a friend this weekend and she said "ooooooooooo, I love this. I feel like you are massaging my face right now". That brush is so soft!!!!

Overall, I think if you have a little more money to spend, I would get the sigma brushes. And hey, you can always mix and match between the two!

sassyclassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mern
Then it just takes you to a checkout cart and you pay. Easy! Im so excited for these.. even more so for this mac sale omg. I have two check out carts ready to go!

Haha I was just thinking of going online to the MAC website and look at all the things I'm gonna buy..
mac_haul.gif

nichollecaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by carandru
Personally, i think the sigma brushes are better quality than the crown brushes i have. I actually keep reaching for my ss224 and ss239 more than my Mac, lol. However, as far as eye brushes go, I think you can go for either company and be satisfied. But i do think the sigma ones are softer.

Now face brushes, SIGMA all the way lol. I used my ss150 on a friend this weekend and she said "ooooooooooo, I love this. I feel like you are massaging my face right now". That brush is so soft!!!!

Overall, I think if you have a little more money to spend, I would get the sigma brushes. And hey, you can always mix and match between the two!

My Crown face brushes are very soft, but still my face always smarts a little after I use them-so if the sigmas are softer, i'm all for it!

Thank you sooo much.

Timberlynn

I got the SS109 and SS188 today and washed them both with MAC brush cleaner and wow did they ever shed and I mean alot.

Did any one else experience that? I hope they are done shedding.

I am anxious to see how they work in the morning when applying foundation.

kittykit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberlynn
I got the SS109 and SS188 today and washed them both with MAC brush cleaner and wow did they ever shed and I mean alot.

My SS188 shed a few hair when I washed it the first time. I've been washing it a couple of times now and it hasn't shed.

AmberElizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberlynn

I got mine in the mail Friday and immediately washed them. The ss109 didn't shed at all for me, and the ss188 only lost 2 hairs. Maybe you got a bad brush? I'd contact Singma and let them know you got an ss109 that shed real bad and you want it replaced. My kabuki is amaaaaaaaazing lol... Not only is it rediculously soft, but it didn't shed when I washed it!