Sigma Brushes

winkietoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichollecaren
I just went on the sigma site and three of the brushes are currently available! I can add to my cart!! YAY- Grab em quick!

Sigma Makeup Eye Shading Brush SS239
Sigma Makeup Duo Fibre Brush SS187
Sigma Makeup Large Powder Brush SS150

I just tried to order the SS187, and it was already sold out
ssad.gif

HokageRecca

Does anyone know what's going on with the website and release dates? I emailed Simone and she responded, saying the 188, 109 and 182 would be available on the 7th of May, the full set on the 27th of May, but now I'm hearing about a waiting list until June? And all of my emails to Simone are now being rejected and being sent back to me when I'm using the same email she contacted me through a few weeks prior...

Please someone tell me if you know anything about this! I'm confused and just need some more quality brushes for my kit for some stuff that is coming up really soon. >_<

nichollecaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkietoe
I just tried to order the SS187, and it was already sold out
ssad.gif

ssad.gif
oh man...i'm sorry! That was fast. I actually copied that list from my shopping cart before I changed my mind and decided to wait on the sets to be available
ssad.gif

I subscribed to their newsletter:

Quote:
"Sigma Makeup Newsletter 05/01/09

Posted: 01 May 2009 08:29 PM PDT

Hello!

Welcome to the Sigma Makeup Newsletter 05/01/09

All individual brushes and the Sigma Makeup Face and Eyes kit will be available in approximately one week. If you have pre-ordered, we will contact you by e-mail and send you a link to complete your purchase. Please allow a few days to receive your notification as we will be handling a large number of pre-orders.

The following individual brushes will be available:

SS150 – Large Powder Brush
SS187 – Duo Fibre Brush
SS239 – Eye Shading Brush
SS219 – Pencil Brush
SS224 – Blending Brush

New!

SS182 – Buffer Brush (Kabuki) - Now available with a longer handle!
SS109 – Small Contour Brush
SS188 – Small Duo Fibre Brush

The design of the Sigma Makeup travel kits is finalized. We will offer 2 options - one in pink and one in black - each with 7 essential brushes.

We continue to develop 7 new brushes that will soon be available.

Two new videos by makeup artist Tiffany D. will be available in May. The Advanced Series will show you very specific techniques to obtain a flawless look!

Meanwhile, you can check out the current videos from the Basic Series!

Stay Pretty : )

Sigma Makeup"

and they are now on twitter : Sigma Makeup (sigmamakeup) on Twitter

15 hours ago from web
Quote:
"Getting ready to change the home page of the Sigma Makeup website to announce that all individual brushes are back!about 15 hours ago from web "

winkietoe

Oh well! If theyre sold out before I can grab one then I guess its just meant to be!

Thanks okay though, Ive been blowing so much money on makeup these last few weeks, I shold give my wallet a little rest
yes.gif

Woo. I just recieved an email from them saying that their brush stock for May AND June are all out; and that im on the waiting list for July.

They must be super busy with all the youtube videos out on them..

iShadow

Quote:

Thanks okay though, Ive been blowing so much money on makeup these last few weeks, I shold give my wallet a little rest
yes.gif

Bahaha, I wish I didn't understand that so well.
th_wallbash.gif

What are your thoughts on the brushroll? I don't have one... do you suggest getting theirs with the complete set?

winkietoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by iShadow
Bahaha, I wish I didn't understand that so well.
th_wallbash.gif

What are your thoughts on the brushroll? I don't have one... do you suggest getting theirs with the complete set?

I wasnt planning on buying it because I dont think I;d use it.

If I rememeber correctly, TiffanyD made a video about the brushes and mentioned that it was a good quality brush roll.

The link to her blog with the video:
TiffanyD: Sigma Makeup Brushes

*WOO. I was just able to purchase the SS187 and SS109
yes.gif

okay, no more purchases for me for the rest of the week!

*fabulosity*

I ordered at 6:22 a.m. on 3/30 and have not gotten any type of notification to go order. I want these brushes.. kind of bad!

malaviKat

So I figured I'd throw my initial 2 cents in...if it matters to anybody. :p

Initial opinion:
Positive.
Good for expanding a collection or as a gift.

I ordered the ss150 and the brush roll on May 6th. Both products shipped on May 7th and arrived today (May 14th). I am in Canada, for anyone who is interested.

I have been in the market for something to make traveling with my brushes easier for some time now and I've looked at everything from "professional" makeup artist rolls to the type of thing painters might use... When I came across the Sigma roll it seemed to offer the best quality for the best price so I decided to give it a chance.

The majority of the brushes in my collection currently are MAC brushes (save two powder brushes that I acquired some time ago that I tend to use sparingly). In comparison with my MAC collection, my first impression is that the SS150 does measure up. The bristles of this brush are very, very soft (I would argue that it is softer than some MAC powder brushes and it is on par with the softness of both my 168 and my 182.) I do not own the MAC 150 which is one reason I went ahead with the Sigma version. Having said that, I visited my local MAC store a few days ago and had an opportunity to try out the MAC 150 - its bristles were not as soft in my opinion.

The brush itself appears to be well constructed. The handle is well balanced (I look for that in brushes as much as I do in chefs knives :p) and it has a nice weight to it. There has been no initial shedding.

The brush roll is also well constructed. The synthetic material has a faux leather feel - sort of the texture of rougher cow-leather but with the pliability of lamb. I will admit I expected it to be stiffer, but I am not disappointed with its pliability. It should be noted (and enKore mentioned this) that it is not a roll in the traditional sense, but it reminds me of a wallet. Each pocket is lined and will not scratch your brushes. Some of the stitching is slightly crooked - not enough to affect performance, but if you're really REALLY anal retentive (as I can be) well, there you are. :p

Overall, I'm quite pleased. Sigma does not overburden you with excess packaging (which I am happy about), but they do include an insert featuring a list of products which might be of interest and, as others have mentioned, a sample ELF product.

My only complaint is regarding shipping costs. While there are discounts if you buy an entire kit/collection of brushes, you pay individual shipping prices if you purchase things individually. (I was charged $8 and $6 USD respectively for shipping the brush roll and ss150). It would be great if shipping costs could be calculated to allow you to add products by weight.

Off to wash my brush. :p

So I've washed my brush and must note that there was no shedding. To be honest, I tend to expect shedding with brushes - even my MAC brushes shed from time to time so I was expecting at least a few hairs to come off. Nothing so far. There was, however, a lot of dye bleeding out in the water, but I washed the brush twice and the water now runs clean.

malaviKat

Just another quick heads up for those who were trying to contact Simone. I was trying to email her a quick thank you and my message was also rejected (though we have corresponded in the past). I'm going to assume her inbox is above capacity until I hear otherwise. :p

winkietoe

For anyone who's interested:

My brushes came today!
th_DANCE.gif
(Im always super excited when a package comes)

I ordered on Monday 11th, and they came around noonish today (the 15th).

First off, I do not have any MAC brushes. I am currently low on funds and was looking for good, MAC comparable, and affordable brushes, so I decided to give these a shot, since they seem to have good reviews.

So the company is located in Minnesota and it took less than a week to reach me here in Southern California; with regular USPS First Class shipping.

I ordered the SS187 for $16 and the SS109 for $14 for $30, shipping was $6 for a total of $36 dollars.

I bought a camera a few weeks ago, and am still super excited about it, SO I went crazy and took lots of pictures of the brushes for those who are interested
smiles.gif

I was super excited about my package so when I cut the top of it off, I cut off part of the free little red pouch
ssad.gif

So inside this little pouch was this little card that said Congrats and all this good stuff.

Also in the pouch was a little pamphlet thing describing other brushes in their Essential Brush Kit, which include face and eye brushes.

Behind those were the brushes and a free ELF eyeshadow quad in Drama.

On to the brushes! First up the SS109:

Next the SS187:

The brushes are both REALLLLY soft. Since I just got them today, I havent really had a chance to test them out or anything. But when I do, Ill review them.

All Ive had a chance to do so far was wash them. Im really rough when it comes to washing brushes, Ill go to town and just rub the crap outta them with soap; just so I know theyre clean and to make sure im not rubbing left over factory dust on my face later on.

There was shedding with both of the brushes. Not a massive amount where itll clog the pipe in my sink, but a couple of strands here and there, probably less than 10 strands for each bush. After a few mins of washing and rinsing the shedding stopped, so thats good.

I did not see any bleeding of colors while washing the brushes either.

So far, im pretty pleased with the brushes, but Ill just have to wait see how well they hold up during makeup application.

alka1

I still find it weird that they just copy/pasted the brush descriptions directly from MAC's website!

malaviKat

Quote:
I ordered the SS187 for $16 and the SS109 for $14 for $30, shipping was $6 for a total of $36 dollars.

So far, im pretty pleased with the brushes, but Ill just have to wait see how well they hold up during makeup application.

If you use the SS109 for liquid foundation application, I'd love to know how it works out. I bought the MAC 109 about two months ago and I LOVE it for foundation so I was thinking a second one would be great to have on hand. Would also be great to have one for contouring!

Boasorte

When it comes to something like this, although I am a faithful suscriber to EnKore, TiffanyD, SephoraJunkie etc, I would rather watch the reviews from just a random Youtuber, these gurus are most likey getting sent these products for promo only,I've heard great things about some CS brushes, went and got em, and they sucked monkeys, so I think I will just stick to my brushes now...

ShugAvery2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
When it comes to something like this, although I am a faithful suscriber to EnKore, TiffanyD, SephoraJunkie etc, I would rather watch the reviews from just a random Youtuber, these gurus are most likey getting sent these products for promo only,I've heard great things about some CS brushes, went and got em, and they sucked monkeys, so I think I will just stick to my brushes now...

you know .. I thought I was the only one who thinks that youtube beauty is turning into one big info mercial

i have to admit .. i was a bit turned off by seeing tiffany d's videos right embedded within the sigma site. no disrespect to her, i think she's fab, but i'm skeptical of most sales people and they're turning these girls (and guys) into sales men.

with all that said .. i'm still getting these brushes
th_LMAO.gif

ONLY BECAUSE... i'm building my kit for pro work and i like they way they look and from the reviews (from the non gurus) they're pretty good AND i want the included brush roll
th_DANCE.gif

xxsgtigressxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY

I understand what you guys are saying HOWEVER every guru who gets sent the products has the right to not review the products if they do not genuinely like them. The companies do not want a bad review, this is true, so we just will skip doing a review on the products altogether to avoid drama. If a product receives a good review, it is generally an HONEST good review.

iShadow

Quote:

So the company is located in Minnesota and it took less than a week to reach me here in Southern California; with regular USPS First Class shipping

Dude?!?! Where in MN? Their shipping costs are ridiculous, if there's any way I can pick them up, I'm totally for it!

almmaaa

And now they have a travel set with 7 brushes that will be available by the end of july I think those will sell like pancakes too LOL.