Slightly used/tested palettes

lianna

I personally don't mind a tested palette and regard swatched as used. As long as anything in the palette has been tested/swatched/swiped it's used IMO. Just because it's used only a little doesn't equate new so I tend to avoid people who list stuff as BNIB and say they've swatched colours from it.

And honestly, there are always people who would be perfectly happy swapping for used products, especially most palettes since they're LE. Palettes are easily sanitized and if everyone only swapped for BN things, there would be a lot less swapping going on.

kalice

I've seen a couple sells on eBay US where people were just trying to let go of stuff that they don't use, but have tested, and eBay seems to allow it. Do they actually have a rule against it? or is it just discouraged?

gummybug

I don't mind tested palettes. If it's eye shadows, they can be sanitized easily without losing too much product. If it's a lip palette I'd prefer if it's tested on one side or corner of the pan. It just looks more used and more product is lost in sanitizing if it was swiped right down the middle.

I prefer to sanitize things myself so before you do anything ask the buyer/swaper if they'd like you to take care of it.

As for ebay, the US site does ban used items. But ebay.co.uk seems fine with it. Many US sellers list their used cosmetics there and specify shipping charges to the UK and the US.