Smash Box Foundation Primer

kare31

I use Smashbox primer when i need an absolutely flawless finish. Love it, havent found anything better. I can't give it a full yay because the silicon in the primer clogs my pores and gives me breakouts if i wear it for more than a few hours. I use NARS primer for everyday because it is gentle on my skin, and doesnt have the thick slipperly feeling that the Smashbox primer leaves.

canadiangirl_1117

I love it
smiles.gif
Makes a HUGE difference with my makeup

NikkiHorror

Photo Finish is an AMAZING product! It's actually the reason I'm working for Smashbox. I wear the green one to help with my roscea. It's made SUCH a huge difference in my skin.

Just so you know, Photo Finish does not contain silicone. Silicone is actually toxic to the skin, does clog pores, is manmade, and cause irritation-inflamamation problems.

The reason the texture of Photo Finish is soooo amazing is because of the base ingredient: dimethicone. Dimethicone is an organic natural type of silicone that is not harmful to skin at all. Dimethicone is used widely in conditioners, face washes, etc, for it's silkening and smoothing properties. The dimethicone molecules are too big to enter pores, therefore Photo Finish rests on top of the skin, keeping the makeup off your face, and locking in your moisturizers and serums so that they're active and working in your skin all day long. Photo Finish contains vitamins A, C, and E to nourish, and powerful antioxidants like grapeseed and lemongrass to protect your skin from environmental stressors like smoke, pollution, and sun. It also acts like a base, so your makeup will have something to adhere to, and therefore will stay on longer during the day. There are also three colored formulas for those of us that need a little correcting..."adjust" is green to cut the red in roscea-toned skins, "blend" is peach-toned to diminish the appearance of sun spots and freckle, and "balance" is lavender to help brighten sallow or jaundice skin tones.

Go to your nearest Smashbox counter and ask for a sample!!! I promise you'll never go back to foundation over moisturizer!
smiles.gif

joseybird

I have rough-textured, oily, slightly flakey red acne-prone skin, and I definately need a primer. Will either of the Smashbox primers break me out, though? And which would be better for me? (I don't have wrinkles)

aeni

I haven't had any issues with anyone (and myself) break out from using Photo Finish - and I've worn it for hours.

Buy a sample at your nearest ULTA. You'll never know until you try! And if it works for you, shop on ebay
smiles.gif
I got the dermaxyl version unused for $30 cheaper this way.

NikkiHorror

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseybird
I have rough-textured, oily, slightly flakey red acne-prone skin, and I definately need a primer. Will either of the Smashbox primers break me out, though? And which would be better for me? (I don't have wrinkles)

Sweetie, you sound JUST like me! My skin is rough, oily, sensitive with rosacea, and I have larger pores. The green photofinish seriously SAVED my skin. That's the one I would reccommend for you. Unlike other green color correctors, this one actually conceals redness without still looking green! That way, if you want to wear a sheer foundation or tinted moisturizer, you can! None of them will break you out because they're non-comdedongenic, fragrance-free, wax-free, and oil-free. Try it out and holla back
smiles.gif
<3

P.s. Try Nordstrom! Or get it online from smashbox.com

lilt2487

hey gals!

just letting yall know, its cheaper to buy two of the the smashbox primer to-go tubes then actually buying one of the bottles! each of the to-go primers contain 0.5 oz for $15.50 whereas buying the full bottle you only get 0.93 oz for $36!!! so all you need to do is buy two of the tubes and you've just saved yourself a couple bucks! haha i know its not much but everything adds up!

giz2000

Hands down, the best foundation primer out there...I have used it for years and even manage to get some in a sample jar when I am at work (and NOT working for Smashbox...hint hint) to use on the customers...
lmao.gif

tinkerbell

I just bought this after getting a sample pack..I loveit...I use it everyday that I put on makeup..it just glides on your face..I can't believe that I didn't get this sooner!!

NikkiHorror

Clarins Instant Smooth is basically mortician's wax...you can get that at the beauty supply shop for $2 a vat.

Annie

The only time I ever used this, it made me breakout in the worst way, right before a formal event. Not only that, but it made almost no difference whatsoever in the way my makeup looked.
ssad.gif

msmack

Photo Finish Foundation Primer

....is awesome! I stumbled on it at SDM and took a sample home to try. Its perfection. Foundation glides on perfectly and helps smooth your skin. Very moisturizing and didnt make me break out. You only need the tiniest bit. Makes foundation last and last... i tested it out in the sweatiest, smokiest bar last night and it stayed put! amazing!
smiles.gif
could be old news to you veterans ...but new to me and i love it!

msmack

i forgot to mention... its is $20 cdn for a small little tube...but the tube may last you a lifetime...!

jenii

I like it, too. It's really good stuff. But, for some reason, I can't use it on my forehead. It makes me break out there, but NOWHERE ELSE. Isn't that crazy?!

Well, whatever, I can still use it everywhere else. I like it. I've heard you can also use it as a base for e/s, but I haven't tried that yet.

prinzessin784

I love this stuff too!! It really makes my skin feel like velvet! I haven't been able to afford it for a while so I've been using a sample of the Laura Geller Spackle and it doesn't even compare. It makes my skin feel slightly sticky (yuck!) and I don't notice that it helps my makeup stay on any longer than without it.

kiannack

Re: Photo Finish Foundation Primer

This primer helps my makeup last twice as long compared to no primer. It's a miracle!