Smashbox Brushes?

astronaut

I got the Smashbox encounter brush set that came out during the fall of 07. There was a fluffy powder brush, shadow brush like the 239, small flat liner brush, pencil brush like 219, and concealer brush like the MAC one. I think they are better though because they are made of soft synthetic fibers much like the Too Faced Teddy bear brushes and aren't scratchy or prickly like some natural hairs can be. Best brush purchase ever. I still use all the brushes on a regular basis. I do have to say that I don't like the foundation brush. It has no resistance and is flimsy. Shame that it's not a permanent set or that the brushes are sold individually!

smashbox ENCOUNTER BRUSH KIT | smashbox cosmetics

thiscarmen

I have most of the full-sized brushes from Smashbox, and I've got to say that the quality is decent.
The ones that I've got are:
Arched Eyeliner Brush 21
Fan Brush 22
Face & Body Brush 19
Concealer Brush 4
Foundation Brush 13
Crease Brush 10
Blush Brush 16
Blending Brush 3
Powder Brush 1
Definer Brush 15
And brush 11, which I think they've discontinued, but it's a fluffly angled brush that I use sometimes to put on my browbone highlight.

The brushes are pretty good, not as good as MAC, in my opinion, but they apply makeup quite well.

Another thing is that MAC has more brushes for sure.

Something I noticed is that the Face & Body brush #19 sheds A LOT. It's really nice to apply powder or to buff away extra blush when I OD on blush, but I've had it for over a year now, and everytime I wash it, it STILL sheds. And sometimes when I'm putting on my powder founation, I get little bristles all oer my face and shirt. It's a lovely brush, but my only problem with it is that it sheds too much!

And if anyone wants an in-depth review of any of the brushes listed, let me know.

Lalubell

I haven't used many of the Smashbox brushes, but I LOOOVE the Arced Liner Brush #21.. it's is so easy to use and it's really precise!

Latest posts