Smell of a Slimshine

insanebeauty27

So far, all of the lipsticks I have ever had from MAC have had a vanilla(ish) scent to them. I just received my first slimshine in a swap and it has a bad small to it. Is this normal or did I get a bad lipstick?

lvgz

i think you got a bad lipstick. it's not supposed to smell like that. (i have scant and bare; they both do not smell like crayons)

BlahWah

No crayon smell in my Bare or Pleasing. I don't believe these have spf in them, so that can't account for the smell. If you really can't stand it, ask for a swap reverse. That should be checked on before sending (assuming it didn't happen during delivery, which might be a stretch!).

Bwell

I think they smell a little waxy but not enough to bother me. All mine have the same smell so I assume they are ok.

jillianjiggs

i wouldnt ask for a reverse swap, id contact mac as though you bought it from them (perhaps the swapper didn't know it was bad) and ask for a replacement.

you swapped with the swapper, it's your product now and it should be easy enough to get a new one.
fluffy.gif
my 2 cents!

BlahWah

^ Hrm, I didn't think about that! I'd rec'd something in a swap which smelled fine at first but after a week started turning a bit, so I didn't think it'd be good to ask for a reversal. I'll look into that, thanks!

BlahWah

^ Hrm, I didn't think about that! I'd rec'd something in a swap which smelled fine at first but after a week started turning a bit, so I didn't think it'd be good to ask for a reversal. I'll look into that, thanks!

MAC_Diva

yeah my tropic glow form cool heat smells so bad! It doesn't smell like crayons, but it has a weird odor. I can't stand to wear it because it smells so bad on too.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillianjiggs
i wouldnt ask for a reverse swap, id contact mac as though you bought it from them (perhaps the swapper didn't know it was bad) and ask for a replacement.

you swapped with the swapper, it's your product now and it should be easy enough to get a new one.
fluffy.gif
my 2 cents!

that's totally dishonest! she should've asked for a reverse swap. i guess lying is one way to get what you want.

lovely333

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
that's totally dishonest! she should've asked for a reverse swap. i guess lying is one way to get what you want.

I don't know about asking for a reverse swap. It's not that persons fault. They have a funky smell to them I have returned them twice to my local MAC store and they still stink. I think its just the formula but I can't stand it. No more slimshines for me.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely333
I don't know about asking for a reverse swap. It's not that persons fault. They have a funky smell to them I have returned them twice to my local MAC store and they still stink. I think its just the formula but I can't stand it. No more slimshines for me.

a reverse swap is only fair. the original owner should make sure that stuff they are swapping isn't rancid, and the new owner shouldn't be stuck with something bad. and lying to mac saying that they bought it straight from them just to get a new one is totally dishonest and one of the reasons prices go up each year-dishonesty of customers.

if you've got something that's bad, by all means you should be able to exchange it (depending on how old it is and when you got it), but if you didn't buy it directly from the company, don't lie about it just to fix the situation. either reverse swap or just forget about it. those are really the only two options.

abbyquack

Has anyone noticed that Dazzleglasses smell funny? Like meat. It's the one thing I don't like about them, that nauseating meat smell when you open the tube.
ssad.gif