so, my husband is not the brighest crayon in the box.

mrsf10

last weekend, he let a stranger into our home, she was selling some type of cleaning product, when i was not home, to use our bathroom. the downstairs 1/2 br to be exact. which happens to be my 'getting ready'/'makeup crackhead room'. WELL, this trashy little B, who was going door to door in our developement, STOLE (almost) ALL OF MY HIGH END MAKEUP. and some drugstore products too!! 15, yes FIFTEEN MAC pigments. full size. GONE. 7 individual MAC e/s, (thank gosh she didnt steal my z palette with all my pan refills in it) several MAC brushes, mac foundation and pressed powder, and other stuff...I was literally left with a loreal foundation(left over from last summer, too dark for me right now UGH) a few ulta eye liners and shadows, mascara, a half used rimmel bronzer, some avon mark. e/s and 2 small sephora palettes.

WHAT THE F?

first of all, idk HOW he didnt notice her walking out of the house with it!! He says she had a large purse and he didnt think anything of her taking it in there with her. AND i asked him if she was in there awhile, and he said 'yes, but the fan was on, i thought she was just shi*ting' SERIOUSLY?!!!!? haha.

second, who lets a stranger into their house?!! EVER. haha. like, really?

third, why couldnt he tell her about the gas station around the corner???!!

ahhh, i was so mad, and still am so mad. i called the police, and filed a report. we know the girls name, and where she is from, thanks to him actually being proactive for once, and asking some other neighbors if they caught her name or company name, one neighbor did, and got the company number. I called. I told them what happened, they claimed there was no way. I asked if they did background checks, or BONDED their employees, since they are going into peoples homes, and the rep I spoke with said NO. come on, so you mean you could send a crack head rapist into someones home?!!??

I promptly got hubbys credit card, and hit up sephora, smashbox and ACW. LOL. while i didnt get full size pigments, i did get those small sample ones from ACW. I guess I'll just wait till I get my macpro card to replace those.

SO MAD.
dont let those door-to-door sales people in your homes!

LMD84

oh my goodness! that is so bad! i can't believe he did that! sadly though my hubby would have most likely done the same because he is pretty naive and only likes to see good in people. i'm the one who knows what scumbags some people are! lol! at least you managed to re-buy some goodies but i am so sorry about the full sized pigments. i swear i would cry if anything happened to mine!

sayah

I'm so sorry this happened to you! Ugh! Some people are just assholes.
getyou.gif

I hope the police can help!

ElvenEyes

Sorry, but really, really, really dumb move on his part. Was she pretty and batty her eyes or flaunting her cleavage? Men seem to turn into idiots at those moments. Good for you on taking the CC and splurging. Do it more until you get things back and hubby can sell something to make amends or bring you out for a splurge at his cost of being an idiot. I would give my hubby hell if he ever pulled that, but he won't. First of all we don't even open our door to strangers or anyone going door to door. The door is always locked. I don't care if they see me peeking out the window. This is my territory and I am fierce about keeping it private and protected. Luckily my husband is the same way. We have locks on all our door upstairs (bedroom, bathrooms, dens. library) so when we have family gatherings (which isn't often) we close and lock all of those. People can use the downstairs bathroom. The only thing they can steal are my kitchen towels, toilet paper and OTC medicines. No big deal. Yes,people are idiots. My obnoxious sister came over once and tried to sneak into our bedroom. She does steal and has taken from my parents before. She was so pissed when I came up the stairs and stood there watching her try to open the doors. "I was just trying to find the bathroom". I glared at her and told her to get downstairs. She has never come over since. Gee...I wonder why??!!

I agree.I hope the police can nab her. And maybe you can make a list of everything that is gone and how much it costs, because who would want to use that stuff after she has touched it? Eewww... Get your money's worth and shop like mad!

LMD84

yeah i hope the police manage to catch her and lock her up for a while! the theiving bitch! :p

bellaboomboom

My hubby is too unsociable to do that - hahahaha. Anyway, I hope you can see her punished to the fullest extent of the law!

ElvenEyes

I am going through the inventory you listed. I have a pretty big bag. I would not be able to carry that amount out even if my bag was completely empty. Did she have a knapsack with her? Wouldn't all that makeup have made a rather clicking and clanking sound as she walked out? Jeepers!

ElvenEyes

for the loss of full sized piggies he bloody well should be!!
lol You are going to have nightmares, aren't you? Of someone sneaking into your house, creeping up to your cabinet, stealing your pigments, leaving milkweed in their place.....
eeksign.gif

mrsf10

yeah, he is DUMB. haha

i guess he said she had a big tote, cuz she was selling some cleaning spray and it was in there. my pigments i had in a zipper pouch on their own too..ughhh. idk how it all didnt make plasticy clinking noises though. but im sure that there was some type of sporting event blaring on the tv and she couldve walked out with my dining room table if that was the case. blahhhh

and NO, she was not even remotely attractive or anything, we got her name, and looked up her facebook page!! id post it, but idk, that would be like harassment or something? LOL trust me though, the B needs allllllllllllllllllllll the makeup in the world, and she still lookin a mess! HA

i was like, this is eqivilent of a strange man coming in out home and taking your xbox games!! haha

men. hmphh!!

LMD84

lol You are going to have nightmares, aren't you? Of someone sneaking into your house, creeping up to your cabinet, stealing your pigments, leaving milkweed in their place.....
eeksign.gif
sweet jesus nooooooo!! that would be a nightmare! :p

hickle

Aww, poor guy was trying to be nice! Cut him some slack... everyone's been fooled at least once in their life. Hold off on the sephora shopping spree, because they're launching a 15% off sale on Thursday!

LMD84

Aww, poor guy was trying to be nice! Cut him some slack... everyone's been fooled at least once in their life. Hold off on the sephora shopping spree, because they're launching a 15% off sale on Thursday!

oh yeah! you'll get more bang for your buck that way! hee hee!

BeckyBenett

ooh that just sucks. your poor husband must feel absolutely horrible though. yikes! i cant imagine what i would do honestly!

hope you feel better soon. hit up the sephora sale!

Gorgeous

This is what I would do to her ->
lecture.gif
what kind of person takes advantage of someones kindness that way?! that's just wrong. I hope you restore your collection back to it's wonderfulness. I only own... 3? full sized piggies. I couldn't imagine going through what you went through. Feel better love
friends.gif

mrsf10

thanks ladies!! sephora spree part 2 because of the sale begins...NOW. hahahahha he does feel bad. but still hubby, bad move. LOL

dxgirly

Ummm that is CRAZY, I don't even like opening my door for people that come to it that I don't know. I usually just stay really quiet and pretend I'm not home!
lol.gif

LMD84

Ummm that is CRAZY, I don't even like opening my door for people that come to it that I don't know. I usually just stay really quiet and pretend I'm not home!
lol.gif
omg! i usually do this! and i always hide too - usually by lying on the ground where nobody can see me! i'm such a weirdo!