So they say women of color shouldn't wear a smokey eye...

Mabelle

I'm as pale as they come but this sounds beyond dumb. I mean, if a smokey eye is done really badly it can look like a black eye on anyone, regardless of skintone.
Anyone can rock a smokey eye. I've seen some fotd on here with woc doing amazing smokey looks!

Ebbychina

I love smokey eye looks, especially purple smokey eyes! IMO WOC can rock almost any look. However, as with any complexion, it ultimately depends on the application.

Boasorte

I read this title and literally said out loud " What the f**k?"
um who the hell said that?
A smokey eye is UNIVERSAL, it just depends on how you wear it, application, and the colors you choose.
I myself love a purple smoked eye, and of course the classic black/grey smokey eye...
and I love how brown smokes look on lighter people, like NW 20s and such
whoever said that crap NEEDS a black eye
Edit :LOL Ebby and I are in agreement with the purple
smiles.gif

Kragey

Um, what? If anything, I think the issue with WOC would be that smokey eye wouldn't show up as well, while we uber-pale women would get the black-eye look from heavy application!

As noted by previous posters, anybody can wear a smokey eye...I'm from the Kevyn Aucoin school of thought, though, which dictates that anybody can wear anything they want as long as they do it right.

gemmel06

UMMMM Sorry but who said this?????????? Just wondering...............Where did this info come from?

MaskedBeauty

I don't agree with that. I've seen many women of color to the smokey eye look and I think it looks just as beautiful as it would on any other skin color.

Elle93

th_worship.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemmel06
UMMMM Sorry but who said this?????????? Just wondering...............Where did this info come from?

I was actually on yahoo answers and I stumbled upon it and apparently alot of people agreed and I was kinda like...huh?!

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle93
th_worship.gif

I was actually on yahoo answers and I stumbled upon it and apparently alot of people agreed and I was kinda like...huh?!

That used to be my internet crack until I stumbled upon SPecktra lol

DILLIGAF

The smokey eye is my go to when Im going out. Not once in my entire makeup life have I been told I look like I have a black eye. Misinformation travels faster than truth.

Boasorte

^ I agree
This doesn't look like a black eye to me
smiles.gif
Posting this picture to show you can be of a darker skin tone, and still rock the smokey eye in any color!!!!! Smokey eye FTW
dh7gqu.jpg

Vixxan

They say that women of color can't wear smokey eye, red lipstick, bright lipstick, blue eyeshadow, etc. They say that women of color should only wear nuertral eye makeup and neutral blush and neutral,nuertral, neutral. I couldn't abide by those rules so I stopped being a woman of color and decided to be a black woman.

Kragey

Don't feel bad, ladies; supposedly, the rules are the same for us pale women: "only use pinks and nudes, cause you'll look like a clown with bright colors on!" Pffffft. :p

Pandor@

Neh, that's b/s.

I'm pale as snow, but my BFF is a gal of color,Fiona, and she can rock any look, esp. smokey eye. It's looks gorgeous on her with a black liner and nudy-pink lips. Very elegant and beautiful.

This statement is so wrong and incorrect,imo.

DJ_Roxas

Really? I never heard of that one before. I bet it was a make-up no0b who would've said that crap. I've seen WOC do it and it looks nice. Now it the eye make-up was done heavy than that would be a black eye. But whoever said that has some serious issues.

Latest posts