Soap & Glory Discussion

nunu

I stumbled upon this brand in one of the blogs a few weeks ago. It looks interesting, has anyone tried any of their products? What are your thoughts?

Thanks
smiles.gif

saizine

I love The Righteous Butter! It's got a scent that I love, though it is probably a scent that either people love or hate. It's really lovely, though, and has the perfect texture, IMO.

nunu

I bought the rightous butter today and i like the smell. I do want to try some of their skin line products. They've got like 3 different ones for pores and i didn't know which one to chose! hehe

banana1234

hey nunu, i work for boots, i can tell you all you need to know about soap and glory, i've used nearly everything they do!

the righteous butter is the best body butter i've tried in my opinion, i've only tried the ones in body shop, boots etc though, nothing 'high end'. but its def better than body shop, sanctuary etc

i also like their flake away body scrub, its an oily salt scrub, and leaves your legs soft and gorgeous for a night out.

i like their sexy mother pucker lipgloss, but it smells a bit chocolatey, and it does tingle a lot.

i like their showergel and bath foam, cos i love the smell, but i find neither very moisturising for my dry skin.

I also really like their dry oil body mist, its like a dry oil spray that has shimmers in it, really pretty on your legs etc on a night out

their hair stuff called hair supply is pretty naff though, its like i didnt even use a conditioner

their hand cream called 'hand food' is nice too

any products in particular you are interested in cos i could go on for hours like this!

their pore mask, is supposed to be really good, i think its called the fab pore, but i have small pores and dry skin so i havent tried it, but my co-worker loves it

nunu

Thank you SO much! That really does help. I was in boots for nearly an hour trying to decide what to get LOL..I kept coming back and forth between products and ended with the mini travel size rightous butter, it smells delicious!

Feel free to provide more information on any other products
winks.gif

I love the packaging too. So cute.

Nicala

Soap & glory.. is AMAZING. I've never tried any of their face products, but I can speak for some of the body products
smiles.gif

Absolutely love Clean On Me shower gel, its the same scent as the Righteous Body Butter but in shower gel form! The scent lingers for quite a while. I own the Righteous Body Butter *lotion* which is a lighter version of the butter itself. It's very hot in California so I think the butter would've been too heavy. I've never tried the butter but I can say that the lotion is greatly moisturizing and lingers all day long! It also combines nicely with my Philosophy Unconditional Love perfume.

The Sugar Crush body scrub was my first product from there (and first scrub!) which smells delicious like lime and sugar. The scent lingered for a while and my bathroom smelled like a tropical paradise! Everytime I showered my mom would ask if I used it (lol). It also leaves my skin extremely soft. Another favorite scrub of mine is the Flake Away body polish, again, a scrub and it smells just like The Righteous Body Butter. I like to layer those products together as you can see
winks.gif

Unfortunately, they're not going to be available in Target in the US because they're planning to sell it in a more beauty oriented store. I have to wait a while till they announce where they're going to be selling it again, but anyway. Great great products with great prices. Definitely recommend those products.
smiles.gif

MzzRach

Wasn't this line created by Marcia Kilgore, the founder of Bliss Spa?

I've seen this line in my local Target, nice to read such positive feedback. Will consider giving this line a try.

ruthless

I've got the body wash, scrub, righteous butter and the moisture mist spray.

Oh, and the pore scrub.

The scent is heavenly on the bath and shower products. It only comes in one "smell" and it is lovely (to me). If you work a a scent no no workplace (which f*cking SUCK imo) you won't be able to get away with using this on work days.

The Righteous butter is definitely not the best body butter I've tried in terms of moisturizing power and formula, ie absorbtion. It is less expensive than the Body Shop or Lush so that's cool, I like it for the scent.

The moisture milk is the star product for moisture and scent imho. It actually moisturizes as well if not better than the butter. And the scent lasts longer.

Body wash seems to be bipolar when it comes to lather, sometimes it does sometimes isn't doesn't.

I find the body scrub leaves a slippery residue in the tub so be careful. I LOVE the scrub, don't get me wrong it just turns the bottom of your tub into a skating rink of death. Perhaps it's the oils? The smell is awesome.

I also really enjoy the facial pore scrub. It's replaced St Ives as my fave (st ives is so cheap and effective) and it doubles as a mask if you leave it on.

I love this line-the scent is similar in all of the body products which is nice because you're not layering on a bunch of different stink. The price point is good, and the products themselves that I have tried are effective.

ruthless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicala
Ahh thank you! I have no idea what ASOS is so this is going to be a problem for me at least
shockt.gif

Yep!

ASOS is a UK online website, you can order a vareity of stuff. Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada carries Soap and Glory products too.

banana1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthless

I find the body scrub leaves a slippery residue in the tub so be careful. I LOVE the scrub, don't get me wrong it just turns the bottom of your tub into a skating rink of death. Perhaps it's the oils? The smell is awesome.

when you rinse your bath out after letting the water out, sprinkle some salt on there and use HOT water, no more skating rink of death

martiangurll

I love teh Sexy Mother Pucker gloss. Tastes like a tootsie roll, it really tingles and good tackiness but not too sticky. Colors are fairly transparent, but I like it for the tingle. Almost as tingly as Lip Venom at about 1/2 the price...

ruthless

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
when you rinse your bath out after letting the water out, sprinkle some salt on there and use HOT water, no more skating rink of death

Great idea-I'll have to try that. It beats scouring the tub out every time I use it

Nicala

I'm dying to find out where the new US retailers for S&G is going to be.. it's not ASOS, they don't ship to America.

MelissaAnn

I have the Some Like it Hot thermal scrub..LOVE it. I think Target is either discontinuing it or getting ready to put out all new products because I went a few days ago and ALL of it was on clearance for 50% off!

Miss QQ

This line is recently available at my local Sephora! I'm going to give the shower gel a try, if I like the scent in the bottle.

ruthless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
This line is recently available at my local Sephora! I'm going to give the shower gel a try, if I like the scent in the bottle.

Is the price point still the same?

Latest posts