Something I simply do not understand . . .

Angelcorrine

During the summer I wore powder, a little blush or bronzer, waterproof mascara and colorful smudgeproof eyeliner on days that I was going to be outside. Any other makeup would have melted off my face with the humidity we get here!

Ladydee91500

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
Yes, I have seen it.

I could not do it, because I have so many products that I really enjoy using.
winks.gif

Yea I'm so with you on that! All those cute lonely products that would just be sitting in my drawers. I'd miss them too much.

But being that i work in midtown NYC- i just went downstairs to see if I could see someone. I saw one 'trendy' girl rocking this look - not a favorite of mine. It's very highschool/mid 90's.

I totally remember the Claire's liners and mascaras - that seems like forever ago
th_LMAO.gif

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
You do realise that the government doesn't confiscate all your 'fun' make-up on the day of your 30th birthday, right?

Darn, after 30, that is when my partying habits really got out of control with m/up.

...putting on shades from the m/up police...

It's really hard being in central lock up for m/up crimes. But, I don't claim to be innocent. I am guilty as charged.

rules.gif
Yes, they keep throwing the book at me. (((Sigh))) When will I ever learn?

...OH, the devil with the rules... Where is my Urban Decay glitter & Silver Fog Pigment? Truly, I can't control myself...

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
Girls here do it. Not a swipe of anything else, but *white* eyeliner or neon shadow on the upper lashline only. WTF? It looks ridiculous and really darkens the complexion.

OMG this is so common in Atlanta, too, I cannot STAND IT! either that, or a nothing but a brow highlight. A GARISH, silvery or white highlight- nothing else! But of course, they are strangers, and I'd probably get cussed out for saying anything, no matter how gently and compassionately, so...

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipshock
WoC in my area LOVE, LOVE, LOVE doing the STARK WHITE bold, thick line of WHITE eyeliner on the top lid and NOTHING ELSE. No mascara, no foundation, nothing. Well, maybe they'll pair it with lips lined with black pencil and slick with some silvery lipgloss.

I don't understand it.

*gags* See my post above, LOL I SO relate. I don't even wear a full face too often and seeing this makes me so ill!

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladydee91500
Yea I'm so with you on that! All those cute lonely products that would just be sitting in my drawers. I'd miss them too much.

But being that i work in midtown NYC- i just went downstairs to see if I could see someone. I saw one 'trendy' girl rocking this look - not a favorite of mine. It's very highschool/mid 90's.

I totally remember the Claire's liners and mascaras - that seems like forever ago
th_LMAO.gif

Yes, I would go into a sort of withdrawal. I love to play with all sorts of products and do wear all sorts of looks. I enjoy experimenting all the time. I can see how others can do it, but I was trying to create e/s before I was in the 1st grade.