songs playing when you go to the store/counter

Designergirl9

I was thinking about the music that is always playing...

I swear I always hear my hair looks fierce everytime I go into the mac counter.

Any other songs you notice?

kinda random thread..but funny.

electrostars

I was rocking out to Astaire one of the last times i was there.

They were playing prince a couple of weeks ago when I was there too. heheh. i hear all kinds of stuff at the MAC counter. XD

OnaFyre

The best was when I heard the Tyra Banks single from her failed pop album. I was shocked becuase I've only ever heard it on ANTM, but I knew all the words! I love Tyra, but perhaps she should stick to the modeling industry...

aziajs

Yeah...it totally depends. I have heard Jill Scott, Prince, Jay-Z, and a bunch of other random stuff.

depecher

The MAs at my counter play burned cds. I love Felix da Housecat, but there was a time I would have slapped someone if I heard him one more time. lol!

GLAMORandGORE

at the mac counter yesterday i heard them playing loads of r&b
i think it depends on the surroundings of your area, because the music is to fit the shoppers in the surrounding area

Throwaway Style

I always seem to hear kelly clarkson while i was there.

but today when i went in i didn't hear the music since i was listening to gogol bordello through one headphone, haha.

Chloe2277

When I was there yesterday they were playing Madonna and the time before that is was No Doubts Rock Steady album.

giz2000

When I was at Nordies, I was the "instigator," always bringing burned cd's of club/dance music..Nordies has "standards" when it comes to music (no rap/hip-hop, nothing "offensive, etc). But the cd's the dept manager would give us were SOOOO boring, so I'd go to my car and get my cd's...it sounded like we were in a club! The customers would be standing at the counter, bopping along to the music...
rofl.gif
...we also played Madonna's "Confessions on a Dance Floor" to death!

Lalli

lots and lots of RnB tunes, in the selfridges concession its not always so loud but the freestanding store is like a mini club

Juneplum

don't i know that!!!
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000
When I was at Nordies, I was the "instigator," always bringing burned cd's of club/dance music..Nordies has "standards" when it comes to music (no rap/hip-hop, nothing "offensive, etc). But the cd's the dept manager would give us were SOOOO boring, so I'd go to my car and get my cd's...it sounded like we were in a club! The customers would be standing at the counter, bopping along to the music...
rofl.gif
...we also played Madonna's "Confessions on a Dance Floor" to death!

Renee

At my counter, they are always playing some great 80's music. Nothing's better than shopping to Morrissey playing loudly!

divaster

They were playing ladytron at the Nordie's counter on Saturday. I was happy because that is one of my favorite bands! The Nordie's counter I was at tonight was just playing current alternative type rock music.

lara

I always seem to hear Goldfrapp OR some total dysmall club hit that gives me a headache.

Goldfrapp = good. Doof doof doof = bad.

/crotchety old lady

Tonitra

When I'm at my counter, they always seem to be playing either Metric's new CD or the new Red Hot Chili Pepper CD. I love both groups too.
smiles.gif

Chic 2k6

i dont hear any music when i go to MAC, but this is interesting though, stores inc MAC play music to encourage you to buy their stuff as if its a little message too.i saw this on a tv programme once, hence why music stores play latest CDs so that people will like it and want to buy it

gwenivypage

The last I heard was some Sergio Mendes songs, Madonna, and some Gwen Stefani songs! I didn't really notice alot of fun songs going on when I went to the Nordie's counter, though...
ssad.gif

Latest posts