songs playing when you go to the store/counter

shabdebaz

We play a lot of Madonna at our counter. Other than that, we play a pretty good mix of things. Everyone just brings in their mix CDs of their favourite songs...some old, some new. Of course, in any group of people you will find varying tastes in music.

asnbrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Doof doof doof = bad.

/crotchety old lady

ha! When I worked for Macy's, I could hear the doof doof doof sound of MAC all the way from the Men's department competing with the nearby Thisit (a.k.a. the teeny bopper section) and their doof doof doof.

Eilinoir

At the donwtown Toronto stores, I've been hearing a lot of Madonna's Confessions on a Dance Floor
smiles.gif

liquidsirenhoney

i never hear anythign good at my counter....once i did hear goldfrapp which made me happy....i only wish they played ladytron as well..

Lo-Fi_Thriller

i hear alot of diffrent stuff

depends on who's working

if Matt and Cindy are there i hear alot of Panic! at the Disco, Death from above 1979, louis Xiv and Fall out Boy

if i see Vivian i hear alot of rap like Ashanti, umm once i heard a botched ghostface song haha..

and when the yuppie girls are there all i hear is madonna or some crap that i cant make out

all depends on it. i know this is sterotyping but when white ppl are there i hear alot of diffrent music - when there's black people there i hear alot of r&b and rap - if they're gay i hear prince, george michael or anything from Pete Burns lol

litlaur

I heard Gwen Stefani today...the only other music I can specifically remember is Metric and Kanye West.

coachkitten

At the Bellevue, WA Nordy's store when I was getting my she-shines they were playing Kelis "Bossy" and Nelly Furtado's new song. I was suprised because I never have heard them play music there. It was also at a really soft volume.
When I worked for Clinique @ Macy's the counter had a really nice built in Bose system. We would bump it to compete with the junior section!
smiles.gif

mzcelaneous

When I lived near San Francisco, I heard a lot of Bay Area (California) music. Lots of local rap and r&b. The girls would always get down on the flo' n get low close to closing time! Hehe.

productjunkie

We always play Madonna... non stop. Black Eyed Peas as well. Then its a mix of different cd's always r&b and top 40 stuff. We also played out the new City and Colour cd. Sometimes I bring in my ipod which is a mix of everything from Coldplay to 80's stuff and all the way to some ghetto hip hop.

aquarius11

I was at the Kennesaw, GA Macy's store and they were playing Nelly Furtado's new music. Usually at the counters I used to go to when I lived in Phoenix, AZ they played TONS of Madonna, Gwen Stefani, Kelly Clarkson and techno. That was good stuff.

MACGoddess

I love that we get to bring in our own music for the CD player at work!! I get 5 slots for CDs in our player, and I loaded them up with great rock music and remixes...

joraye

one of my favorite MA's in north oklahoma city plays the forrest gump soundtrack alot.....its awesome to hear those songs going thru dillards!

xiahe

last time i was there they were playing some technoy/dancy (more dancy) kind of song...kind of like along the lines of cascada (everytime we touch). it was really catchy, tho! ♥

Chic 2k6

Does MAC ever play songs by The Pretenders? there's some class songs on their Greatest Hits album especially, Message of Love, Brass In Pocket, Middle of the Road and Dont Get Me Wrong