Sonia Kashuk Brushes

MACLovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki~
I went out and go that flat buffer brush last night because of all your raves..I frickin LOVE IT! I used it to apply liquid foundation and it performed as good, if not better than the 109! And it's soooo soft...my new love
yahoo.gif

Yay!!
th_DANCE.gif
isn't it great?

We would never lead you astray, mizuki.
greengrin.gif
hehe

Mizz.Coppertone

I was given a gold set for xmas and the gold ''paint'' has started to chip off, it's black underneath. Has any1 else had this happen!

The brush hairs are still good though. They are nice n soft and do not fall out.

susannef

I have the Sonia Kashuk powder brush with the white handle. I got it in early 2006 and its held up really well trough many many washes. I use it if I want some sort of finishing powder and it works perfectly. I think it was $10?

chickatthegym

I really like the small contour brush from SK.

31cAa3Elm7L._AA400_.jpg

It is great for contouring cheeks! I bought it a couple weeks ago for $9 (not sure if it's marked down at all Targets or just here). I was really surprised at the quality and softness of these brushes. I don't know if they are up there with MAC's but for the price and the fact that MAC doesn't have a small contour brush like this, they are def worth checking out! The black handle ones are really cool bc the handle is shaped to fit your hand and it's comfortable!

ABB113

I have 2 Sonia Kashuk brushes (a large blender brush and a crease brush) and I definitely want to try more! I'm eyeing the bent eyeliner brush and possibly an angled blush brush. I'm also eager to try the Blending Sponge (OK, not really a brush....but it is used for makeup application.....so it kinda counts lol).

dynamics

I've been eyeing the flat top buffer brush for a while now. It's so soft! I touch it every time I pass by, LMAO. I think I must just purchase it the next time I see it. I love all their brushes, the eyeshadow brush is sometimes scratchy on my lids too, but I bought it 4 years ago. I think I'll purchase a new one and see if the quality's been improved.

I love their travel Kabuki and powder brushes too!

Dayjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominichulinda
dsb.jpg

my Sonia K brushes (white handle and gold handle).

Off topic--but how do you like that EOB angle brush (Control Powder)? I have it but it is soooo dense.

dominichulinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayjoy
Off topic--but how do you like that EOB angle brush (Control Powder)? I have it but it is soooo dense.

I love it for contouring!!!

To me it's like a #168 and #109 put together
smiles.gif

pumpkincat210

I've had the regular white handled brushes since their launch, several years ago. I'm pleased to report, they are all in perfect condition, despite many uses and washing. No bristle fallout or weakness at the ferrules. These are one of the best investments i've made in makeup tools.

VintageAqua

Has anyone noticed that the blending brush is no longer in stores? I've gone to 4 different stores to get one for my sister (she has lived without a blending brush for years?!?!?!) but it's been a no go.

Anyone know if they are just long term out of stock or if they've been d/ced?

Mochahantas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACLovin
Yeah, the flat buffer brush is amazing. I
bigheart.gif
it!! It's great for blush, and awesome for liquid foundation (i like it better for foundation than the 187 actually!)

edit: This is the one!
31Y6W9NmHqL._AA400_.jpg

Its so awesome.. love it.

These brushes are very good quality.. i'd highly recommend them!
greengrin.gif

OMG, I LOVE that brush!
th_worship.gif
I use it for blush and it is so soft and beautiful. I'm going to get one for foundation too.

*Personally,* I think the black brushes are just as good as MAC if not better (don't beat me up guys LOL).

swaly

Just wanted to throw in my two cents––got a couple of Kashuk brushes packaged in the fancier plastic hardcase packaging, and they are amazing. The flat foundation/blush brush is particularly astonishing...very dense, even, soft, and makes my skin glow. The normal wet foundation brush is very nice, too.

31Y6W9NmHqL._AA260_.jpg

31AKAKY1C5L._AA260_.jpg

The lower-end white-handled brushes that come in soft vinyl packaging are nothing to write home about. They were a little too rough in texture to be ideal though they are still decent and usable. I'd really recommend the black-handled brushes...the eyeshadow brush (the cylindrical one, not the short flat shader) is also fantastic.

Dayjoy

These are the two black handled brushes I have and I love them both! I have the following white handled brushes: Highlighting brush (GREAT 187 dupe but HTF), Mascara Spoolie (it's a spoolie-what else can I say), the Medium shading brush (it's really soft--good for a wash of color), the Large crease brush (too wide around and a little scratchy) and the angled eyeshadow brush (nice and soft, I liked it for the crease and outer V before I got the MAC 272). Quote:
Originally Posted by swaly
Just wanted to throw in my two cents––got a couple of Kashuk brushes packaged in the fancier plastic hardcase packaging, and they are amazing. The flat foundation/blush brush is particularly astonishing...very dense, even, soft, and makes my skin glow. The normal wet foundation brush is very nice, too.

31Y6W9NmHqL._AA260_.jpg

31AKAKY1C5L._AA260_.jpg

The lower-end white-handled brushes that come in soft vinyl packaging are nothing to write home about. They were a little too rough in texture to be ideal though they are still decent and usable. I'd really recommend the black-handled brushes...the eyeshadow brush (the cylindrical one, not the short flat shader) is also fantastic.

swaly

I've acquired a zillion Kashuk brushes since the last time I posted, and they are truly incredible. I especially like the synthetic concealer brushes (both white- and black-handled) because they're awesome for applying my Aquacolors. They have some precision/small-tipped blenders and liners that are very specific and hard to find. Of course, I have all the blush/powder brushes and the skunk as well and they ALL. FUCKING. ROCK. Excuse my language.

Bronwyn

I really wanna get the flattop multipurpose brush and the angled multipurpose brush. Unfortunately, they always seem to be sold out at my local target.