SOO Frustrated by MAC!!

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
P.S.
I find it odd that she made her sale and then did the makeup.

The poster's reasoning was to make sure everything was sanitary so as not to scare off the make-up artist, so she bought everything first, so it would be only used on her niece's skin. This is why the MA made the sale first, THEN did the make-up. Clearly she only wanted the sale.
angry.gif

Back on topic:
I'm so sorry that happened to your niece, she does not deserve to be treated that way.
I can only imagine how she feels. I used to feel so ugly with acne prone skin and it took forever to clear it up. Tell her she is not the only one that suffers and that she is beautiful the way she is. It is the MA that is ugly, on the inside. The WORST kind of ugliness anyone can possess, and I'm sure your niece is not that way.

Report that horrible woman to MAC. She needs to learn about karma!

macface

What a bitch I would of said something at the moment and would not have bought anything.Report this as soon as possible.Nobody should act like this in front of a minor.

Honey B. Fly

take all that stuff back and repurchase it at another mac counter or online. do it while that bitch is working too. that is so rude its crazy.

Babylard

How rude! You describe her with "mild blemishes and scarring" which doesn't sound that bad at all. Whats the deal with the MA? She probably got lucky with having mostly clients with near perfect skin throughout her career. I hope you bashed her good to the higher-ups!

When I was her age, I struggled with acne (it was REALLY bad) so I can definitely understand how she feels. I hope she knows that acne can be a hormonal stage that a lot of teenagers go through (like myself), but with good skincare products, it will eventually go away and as she gets older. Her hormones will find balance in the future.

I think skincare products is important for boosting confidence and this goes for men and women of all ages. I hope she has a really good acne regime.

You should give her a makeover yourself and let her know shes beautiful with or without it. I never had the luxury of anyone telling me so and I reallly wish someone did tell me I was beautiful. It's an important thing that young girls are complimented by someone they respect. In this day and age, young girls are so vulnerable. I know I was!

I hope she doesn't come to rely on foundation though. It can make acne angry!

Shes lucky to have you! I used drugstore make up til I was 19 (I am 19 haha!)

Honey B. Fly

also maybe u should invest some of the money in some good products to help dry up her acne if she doesnt already have anything thats working 4 her. that would help her confidence alot and give her some hope while shes dealing with what the MA did.

wolfsong

When the acne clears up and when shes an adult, a chemical face peel can dramatically reduce/get rid of scarring caused by it (if she has bad scarring when shes older). It would take around a week to ten days for the old skin to stop flaking off, and its not a procedure that should be taken lightly - seeing as its putting strong acids on your face. However this is an option for the future if she feels that it will help with her confidence, and if she feels it is needed (though so few adults have perfect/clear/unscarred skin - so she's definitely not alone).

sua

Oh my god!! I feel so pissed
angry.gif
. Definitely report it to MAC (MAC Cosmetics | Contact Us, select service at mac counter or store). She deserves to be fired. Your niece must feel devastated ) - :

Hunnybun, you sound like an awesome aunt :) I wish you were mine, lol! I think what would raise her self-esteem is going back and receiving encouragement from another MA. Well..maybe encouragement isn't the right word.. I'm not sure how it works, but perhaps you can keep the makeup. Take your niece aside and demonstrate yourself. Is it possible to keep it and not let the MA receive commission? Or return them and purchase from a friendlier MAC counter/store. I understand how she feels. I've been dealing with acne since I was like, 12. It's been 7 years and it's only now that the acne is going all away, completely. Ugggh, I wish I could go up to that MA and smack her upside the face.

I hope things go over smoothly for both you and your niece. I'm rooting for you.

tiramisu

I feel so badly for your niece. What utter BS.
I have nothing additional to add other than the fact that you are an awesome aunt and your niece looks up to you certainly, so I know you can turn this into a learning experience about how rude and unbelievably shitty people can be. That and this is a great time to show her how to handle people like this MA by standing up for yourself-- with qualities that woman doesn't have--dignity and class.

This should go straight to corporate and you should get all of your money back. !!

Truly, if there was ever a reason to fire someone on the spot, this would definitely be one of them.
angry.gif

chocolategoddes

thts absolutely terrible. When I think of MAC I don't think of bitchiness I think of love and smiles. I'm surprised you didn't sucka-punch her. Hopefully with the produsts you bought you can do her makeup or something and reveal her beauty, unlike that stupid MA!!!

darkwater_soul

This may sound like a wierd way to deal... but I would call and ask for the District Manager's amiling address, and MAC's corporate address. If it was in a store (like Macy's) I'd also get the address of the store and the store manager's name (or if it was a MAC freestanding the addy and name there) and mail them all a letter, stating your situation and why you are upset. Then I would put in a photocopy of the receipt and let them know that you have all intentions of returning these items, and on the same day you mail them out, go ahead and return them, and if the MA asks why, hand her a copy of the letter, and let it speak for itself. Every single customer who comes through a bitches (pardon my language) usually gets forgotten in an instance, usually with a "the customer was a jerk" or "Man, was he/she crabby!". But a letter, especially sent with a receipt that will already have been returned, speaks volumes, and usully travels faster, and NEVER gets forgotten.
smiles.gif

I feel so much for your niece, and this si a great chance to explain to her about inner and outer beauty, and let her know that compassion is a virtue that is needed by all, and used by few. I hope this situation gets resolved, and the both of you feel much better after this.
smiles.gif

xbrookecorex

That is so devestating, honestly made me sad for the poor girl!!

Give me a break, being freaked out by some pimples. If people didnt HAVE imperfections, that damn 'makeup artist' wouldn't HAVE a job. I hope when you're done with her she doesn't have a job.

kayley123

Wow...Some people are just idiots. I agree with everyone on this thread; I read it all because I was so stunned to hear that someone could be that insensitive, cruel, and rude to a teenage girl who is having skin trouble. Especially a MAKEUP ARTIST! Let us know what you do about the MA--she deserves to get a comeuppance for such terrible behavior!
I hope that maybe our utter disbelief at such treatment may console your niece, if you feel that showing her this thread might help, but I'm sure that talking to you will do her the most good.

MACLovin

Wow, i just realized this is an old thread after reading thru it.

To the OP: what ever happened? How did you handle the situation, did you end up filing any sort of complaint or returning the products?

Lauren1981

man that sucks! what a b*tch!!
i would just help her out with the makeup you bought and explain to her that there are just some mean-spirited people in this world. constantly remind her of how beautiful she is and let her know that this isn't going to be forever. she's at an age where most girls begin to experience acne anyways, some just have a harder time with it than others. when i was 13 and 14 my acne was HORRIBLE and eventually i just grew out of it. by the time i was 18 i only got it when i was on my period and now at 27 (soon to be 28) i might get one or two tiny little breakouts around my period but that's it. so just let her know that this isn't forever and that MOST girls go through this. just so she knows she isn't alone.
sorry you had to go through that!

BEA2LS

what ever happened? did you take the stuff back? write/call mac? i personally would have walked out when she said no right off the bat.. (i also am a bit worried about how the foundation would react to her skin, MAC always breaks me out)
this story really disgusted me.. i remember when a clinque MA did that to me when i was a teenager - and i was going to drop a few hundred myself. to this day i still do not like that woman and i never go to that counter..

Tahti

God, what disgusting behaviour. I can't BELIEVE anyone would be so insensitive ;( your poor niece!

Tat2dbeauty07

I think it was a very thoughtful gift you chose for your neice. As for the MA I think she was very unprofession about the situation if she didnt feel comfortable with doing her job she should of asked another MA if she would be willing to perform the makeover, The MA also needs to realize that EVERYONE has imperfections whether it be on their face or somewhere else. I have a severe over bite I havent been willing to go under the knife for but not once did the MA I had get frustrated with me because I couldnt gloss my lips together she was very understanding and went over them with a lip brush for me. I know how the insecurity thing works what I would do personally to help your neice and make her feel better is help her pick out some face charts on MAC's website have a girls night do make up and go out to dinner Im sure that would make her feel a bit better.

User49

This is really shocking. I would have words with head office. I work in the make up industry too an regularly see clients who suffer with acne and I can't believe how unprofessional that is. Mac is an amazing brand and in most circumstance the staff are professional and helpful and sensative to these kind of situations. So I would complain. You have every right to. In fact I would go back and confront the situation head on!