Specktra Meetup: Mission successful, thanks to those who came out

Shimmer

Re: Specktra Meetup: LA, SANTA MONICA, MANHATTAN BEACH, BAY AREA, GET IN HERE!

Goddamn that's a long drive.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

from Santa Monica to San Fran is a good 8 hour drive without traffic.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

I could possibly make it to a Thursday Night dinner ! that would be fun

Shimmer

That's a long effing drive.
I love you guys and all but...Christ.

meiming

Yup, Cali's one skinny bitch of a state! All leg, LOL. (okay okay, stupid...stop already =P)

What neighborhood y'all thinking of dining thurs/fri? I can try to suggest if you narrow it down. Of those wanting thurs/fri to meet, where are you coming from or where do you want to go?

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Ill be coming from Ventura , It takes roughly 45 minutes to downtown L.A from here, on a good day. Either way lets think of a place.

and yes CA is one Long skinny state..

amoona

Yea SF from Santa Monica is about an 8 hour drive. I can get to LA in 5 hours speeding at 100 MPH in the middle of the night when the roads are clear though haha. And everything between the Bay Area and LA is nothing but cows and odd odors haha.

Oh and the PRO store isn't in Santa Monica its in LA on Robertson Blvd. which isn't too far from Santa Monica anyway.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
Yea SF from Santa Monica is about an 8 hour drive. I can get to LA in 5 hours speeding at 100 MPH in the middle of the night when the roads are clear though haha. And everything between the Bay Area and LA is nothing but cows and odd odors haha.

Oh and the PRO store isn't in Santa Monica its in LA on Robertson Blvd. which isn't too far from Santa Monica anyway.

haha odd odors. thats true.. its either manure.. or Garlic.. or both.

darkishstar

I thought I so could make it this weekend.. but I can't. I just about had a mid-life crisis (not really, I'm not mid-life, but I had a crisis) so I'll be heading home and talking over life with parents. I really wish I could go. It'd have been so fun to meet you all.

So, if next time you guys come to LA, hit us up again. I just can't make it.
ssad.gif

But I might be able to hop on board late afternoon.. IF I can push it.
Will anyone leave a call number? So if we can't meet at the very beginning for the food we can maybe bounce by later? :O

Aww I really want a bay area meet up. I just gotten into make up and need friends to talk makeup with. LOL. My bf thinks its all odd! San Francisco Pro Store meet up! aww that would be awesome! And sephora is like just down the street. Maybe one day... let me know when it happens. LOL I'll totally write it in my planner!

bebs

I wish I could go.. but I'm going out of the state on friday night, till tuesday morning. hope you all have a good time at the meet up.. oh and if you are meeting up at the pro shop on Robertson and parking there you'll want to stick to the parking structures, I forget what the max is I think its $7 or $12? something like that but its a lot better then feeding the meter.

just for the record there is two of them, one on the left and one on the right hand side.. however only one of them has a sign posted from what I can remember.. so good luck!

the beverly center parking is ok you can always park from there, about the same cost I believe, there are parking areas along the road before you get to Robertson as well near the restaurants and what not (parking structures again, same prices but easier parking). I don't really know about the beach there though so cant really tell you about that.

have fun everybody!

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
I thought I so could make it this weekend.. but I can't. I just about had a mid-life crisis (not really, I'm not mid-life, but I had a crisis) so I'll be heading home and talking over life with parents. I really wish I could go. It'd have been so fun to meet you all.

So, if next time you guys come to LA, hit us up again. I just can't make it.
ssad.gif

But I might be able to hop on board late afternoon.. IF I can push it.
Will anyone leave a call number? So if we can't meet at the very beginning for the food we can maybe bounce by later? :O

I'll send those confirming attendance one of the days my cell number and blackberry address.
smiles.gif

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissLilo
Aww I really want a bay area meet up. I just gotten into make up and need friends to talk makeup with. LOL. My bf thinks its all odd! San Francisco Pro Store meet up! aww that would be awesome! And sephora is like just down the street. Maybe one day... let me know when it happens. LOL I'll totally write it in my planner!

That's just, for now, a really long drive on top of a decently long flight. =/

Maybe next year.
greengrin.gif

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by meiming
What neighborhood y'all thinking of dining thurs/fri? Of those wanting thurs/fri to meet, where are you coming from or where do you want to go?

That's more important to me, if we could keep it within a 20 minute radius of the hotel that would be lovely We're totally willing to drive to meetup with you all.

meiming

Hm...well tell me if I'm wrong but it seems like it's me and MACxAttack so far? I guess We can definitely just choose a place close by to go then. Okay, here's what I came up with. Let's just say Friday for the sake of making a choice and here's a sushi place I'm thinking of:Sakura Restaurant. Sakura Japanese Restaurant - Los Angeles, CA 90066

It's very old school Japanese place but good food. Tell me what you guys think of my suggestion. Maybe meet up around 6:30pm so slightly before the main dinner rush?

meiming

If anyone needs directions, I can provide that too.

brownsuga lady

I won't be able to do lunch but I'll try to meet you guys at the MAC pro or Sephora store!
yahoo.gif

athena123

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona

I stand corrected. I just called the MAC store on 3rd St. Promenade and confirmed it's not a PRO store although they do accept PRO cards.

meiming

Fat Fish is fine with me. It's definitely a more trendy place for sushi. Be warned, parking is horrible (like everywhere in west hollywood) so factor in time to drive around in circles looking for parking
smiles.gif
Anyone else like to join for Friday night dinner with us?