Spotting fake MAC Lipsticks and Lipglasses

Kassie

so good to know! I bought a couple fake products not knowing they were fake at the time, but that's the scary thing about buying cosmetics on untrusted makeup sites like amazon and ebay.

Vandekamp

Thanks for sharing. Call me crazy but I think if MAC refrained from making their popular shades a limited edition and having enough product to go around people who not try to sell FAKE products online. Does anyone out there agree with me. This is one of my biggest beefs with Mac. Popular shades sell out in less than an hour. %^&$

keridabeenfabb

wow! now that's the reason why no matter how bad i want a lipstick i wont purchase from eBay because that's crazy!
you really have to pay close attention

Shylamoma

This is becoming all way too common! These women are under the impression that its authentic and it is not! My friend just recently iMessage me a whole bunch of pic (10) to be exact of things she picked up while in the hair salon from a random guy who came in selling "real MAC." I was mad when I saw those picks she didn't wait for me to respond so she went ahead and brought them not knowing they where FAKE!

Vandekamp

This is becoming all way too common! These women are under the impression that its authentic and it is not! My friend just recently iMessage me a whole bunch of pic (10) to be exact of things she picked up while in the hair salon from a random guy who came in selling "real MAC." I was mad when I saw those picks she didn't wait for me to respond so she went ahead and brought them not knowing they where FAKE!
WTF! I am so glad that I shied away from buying that crap online. I met so eons who paid $70 for Heroine and it was FAKE. Amazon gave her her money back tho.

Socallmelovely

UGH! I totally accidentally bought some fake MAC lipstick on Ebay in early Fall of this year! I was pissed! And yes, it did smell like plastic, and the tube was extra light (as in weight), and the sticker on the end of the tub was not the right color! It was a mess!! I definitely gave that woman a poor review! It helps to only purchase items on Ebay that are identified as authentic; and to only purchase from sellers who have high ratings from a lot of buyers.

Rebellefleur

what ive noticed about some fake mac stuff on ebay, whether it be pigments, lippies etc sometimes the seller has 100% positive feedback.. which is so odd.. do people that buy from those sellers even realize its fake? or do they know its fake but buy it anyways...?

pumpkinspice

what ive noticed about some fake mac stuff on ebay, whether it be pigments, lippies etc sometimes the seller has 100% positive feedback.. which is so odd.. do people that buy from those sellers even realize its fake? or do they know its fake but buy it anyways...?
Both,
angry.gif
some buyers dont care and a lot of sellers often will mix real with fake, especially pigments and, well.. lipsticks too, ebay is scandalous because you get all kinds mostly Chinese distributors hit and run or get to keep selling because they list so much its a huge income, high enough to look away. I've seen profiles with hundreds of negatives and they are top rated with a ribbon, sick

Latest posts