Spotting fake MAC Lipsticks and Lipglasses

pumpkinspice

UGH! I totally accidentally bought some fake MAC lipstick on Ebay in early Fall of this year! I was pissed! And yes, it did smell like plastic, and the tube was extra light (as in weight), and the sticker on the end of the tub was not the right color! It was a mess!! I definitely gave that woman a poor review! It helps to only purchase items on Ebay that are identified as authentic; and to only purchase from sellers who have high ratings from a lot of buyers.
eBay will give your money back if you open a case called "Item Not As Described" they are not as bad as it used to be at least now you do have buyer protection and there are some very good sellers, you can always tell with feedback :)

bijan

That's funny I didn't know this kind of stuff existed until some girl at work was going to start selling it!!
noworry.gif

FNMakeupArtist

There are a huge amount of people on Facebook /Ebay/instagram selling counterfeit MAC Cosmetic products . There's eyeshadows, foundations, pressed powders,lipsticks, lip glasses and even limited edition products!! A lady email me, asking if I'd be interested in purchasing some pigments from the wonder woman collection. she sent me images of the product and straight away I knew there fake! The inside protective plastic cap that you get in authentic mac pigments wasn't the same, it was a little shaker style cap. Plus placement of font on the bottle and label gave it away too. A client of mine had a reaction to a foundation she brought of someone on Facebook too. If your thinking of buying online such as eBay , I'd advice you give it another think, maybe see if you can get in in store or online at MAC. Why waste money on counterfeits. It's highly unlikely you'll get a refund. Shop safely x

starraffy

there is no better way of buying it in person, with a freedom to check what you're buying than just looking online and can't scrutinise the item :)

pumpkinspice

Shop safely x
You will get a refund at ebay
ebay.gif
if you get taken in by some of these notorious low life's, that's what buyer protection is all about
SOS.gif
but not at any of the other venues you mention is there any kind of recourse unless you use Pay-Pal (an ebay company) ebay is actually the safest place to spend with because of the buyer protection they offer is free with every purchase.

The thing with ebay is if you know your product you can spot a problem immediately, I always check google, I say check feedback of the seller too, are they Top Rated plus? do they offer a 14 day return policy? These are better choices when looking for a sold out or hard to find color. and specktra has a thread somewhere with good ebay sellers ...
cheerleader.gif

LovelyLuv

Sooo Helpful! I went to a Flea Market one day & saw a counter set up with MAC items in the glass & young ladies dressed in ALL Black lookin like clowns (sorry) ..I couldn't believe my eyes! I knew it was all fake bc I was a REAL Seasoned MAC artist at the time & I know just what our product looks like in detail...they tried to sell me stuff too Lol! I was like Nooo! But this video was yet another confirmation. Thx!

MandyVanHook

Thanks for this! I don't trust anywhere but MAC online or in store. if it's a discontinued item I'm out for I do a LOT of research before I buy and make sure there is a return policy. Luckily I've only had to return 1 item.

beautycool

Hi girls Does a fake mac lipstick have a round sticker still at the bottom of the lipstick but with a silver A93 on ? As all my other collection has all black letters

breatheonbeat

Both,
angry.gif
some buyers dont care and a lot of sellers often will mix real with fake, especially pigments and, well.. lipsticks too, ebay is scandalous because you get all kinds mostly Chinese distributors hit and run or get to keep selling because they list so much its a huge income, high enough to look away. I've seen profiles with hundreds of negatives and they are top rated with a ribbon, sick
the reason it can be rated highly is 1. they have SO many customers and 2. people can revise feedback. you can check the number of revised feedbacks (after people have been refunded etc), and if a person has a rating of 96% and below and 1000's of reviews, it is safe to assume they are not good! :) hope that helps

pumpkinspice

the reason it can be rated highly is 1. they have SO many customers and 2. people can revise feedback. you can check the number of revised feedbacks (after people have been refunded etc), and if a person has a rating of 96% and below and 1000's of reviews, it is safe to assume they are not good! :) hope that helps
All information is good! being informed is awesome, thank you!!
sweet.png

lilybettie

Great video- thanks for sharing it :) I've been trying to explain the difference to some of my friends who are just getting into mac but it's hard as I don't have replicas to compare to. Will be showing this to them! :)

naayla2012

Thank you for the video there's loads of fakes on eBay and also on a Facebook site 1 girl claimed she works for mac yet all her items are fake when I asked for more pics to see if their genuine she goes if you don't like what you see don't look, I was like wtf so I goes yeah u work for mac yet you sell fakes from china I got blocked after that lmao