Stage MU - Please Help!

MACaholic76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lia
That's what I'd been recommended to use by the MAC MA from the Pro Store I visit.

Well the results are in ladies, I got 1st Place in the Womens - Tall and then 3rd Place for the Womens - Overall. I was very pleased with my improved performance and condition and look forward to my next competition in two weeks time.

As for the makeup, more trial and error. After speaking to the MAC MA at the Pro Store it appears my using strobe cream and then Fix + was adding to much moisture to my face thus creating to much shine then slowly sweating it off under intense stage lights. They've recommended a thin layer of Prep + Prime Face, F&B followed by Blot. I'm pretty new to this whole makeup thing not to mention the stage makeup so any help would be appreciated.

Yay!!! Congratulations!!!
cheerleader.gif
clap.gif

I really think you should look into the Studio Tech, then use the blot on top. You will be impressed!
For the false lashes...yup, I hear you. It's a pain in the butt but usually there are so many women backstage (at least at nationals here in the US) that we just help each other out. Do they let people backstage to help you out? They rarely let us bring someone backstage, not even trainers!!!!

Lia

Thank you.
oh.gif

Thankfully Mum's coming to my next competition and I'm going to ask her to help me, although she's never worn them herself so who know's how that'll turn out.
lol.gif

I'm going to trial run my eyeshadow again, it needs to be a little more dramatic. Practice makes perfect ladies.
smiles.gif

Lia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACaholic76
Hi Lia,
I am surprised to hear that you picked up the F&B instead of Studio Tech and Studio Fix or the Studio Finish pressed powder. These are *the* best foundations for stage, especially for competitions and under those hot lights! Studio Tech in either NW40/43 should do the trick.
Actually, I try not to make my face match the rest of my orange/tanned body cuz it comes out really bad in photos. You want your face to look softer and if you apply too dark of a foundation it will make you look rough on stage.
Hope I was of some help. Good luck!

MACaholic76 you were right!

F&B worked for me last year but this year it hasn't been as successful. I've been to the MAC Pro Store for another makeover and I'm now using Studio Fix Fluid NW47 & Studio Fix NW40, fingers crossed it works next weekend at the Australian Titles.
smiles.gif

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lia
And please tell me that I'm not the only woman in the world who cannot apply false eye lashes for the life of her on herself. I've tried and tried and tried but to no avail yet.
weeping.gif

there is a little tool u can buy fairly cheap to apply lashes... like mini tongs that grip the lashes in a curved shape of ur natural lashline..... makes such a difference... im fairly good at applying lashes on others but suck on applying it to myself.. but this the lash tool its makes it so easy to apply...

not sure if u can buy the applicator alone.. but most cheap lash kits come with it. the good thing is u can use any brand of false lashes u have.. and it will work...

pic for reference
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9gnMiKT2j...AFL_KIT_sm.gif

Lia

WOW thanks for that, I'd never even heard of it so it's definitely worth a try. Anything that'll help me is a good thing.
smiles.gif