Stained 187! Furious!!

natjotua

So, i've been using my MAC 187 brush to apply my new revlon colorstay foundation.. when i washed all my brushes today, i found that even AFTER i washed my 187, it was super stained from the foundation! AHHH! i know the brush is completely clean, but im still pissed that its stained!
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif

Does anyone know of any super cleansing brush shampoo that'll get rid of the stain???

user79

No matter what foundation you use, I think the stains will always be there. Does it really matter? I've had my brush for years and yeah it's stained, but it still works just the same...

natjotua

well, i guess youre right.. im just annoyed about it, because every other time ive used that brush with other foundations.. they never stained the bristles.

xxManBeaterxx

Did you try mac's brush cleaner? Its $11 I get a small cup place a little brush cleaner in it and soak my stained brushes in them for an hour. Then i swipe the brush on a napkin and wash it with baby soap. It seems to get the stains out, its not 100% stain free but its the best i can get it.

damsel

^^^ agreed. mac brush cleanser works. what i do is wash the brush 1st with regular shampoo, rinse, apply a few drops of brush cleanser to the brush, lather [by rubbing in your hand or on a damp wash cloth/paper towel], then rinse. by doing this i've been able to keep my 187 tip white, like the day i 1st bought it.

RoseyPosey

Mine isnt stained at all. After spot cleaning, and deep cleaning, my bristles are completely white like the day i bought it as well.

I use MAC's brush cleanser.

blindpassion

Use MAC's brush cleanser... I've never had a brush stay stained.

Pour a small amount of brush cleanser and warm water in the palm of your hand, get your brush nice and lathered up and swirl it around in your hand gently until suds begin to form. Rinse gently with warm water and continue this process until all the color has rinsed away
smiles.gif

jdechant

Sorry to hear about your brush..I guess that brings new meaning to the foundations name "colorstay" (IT SURE DOES!!)

xphoxbex

yeah, i have the same exact problem, i use mineral makeup, so i mainly use my 187 to apply blush, and my brush is also stained at the very tip, i can't seem to get it off. but it doesn't really bother me much
smiles.gif

vivsha

I used to have that problem. But now I use Dr. Bronner's solid soap bar and put it into a travel soap bar container (so it's always ready for use and less mess). I wet my brush and swipe across the bar and rub it in the palm of my hand until all foundation/powder is out. Rinse under cold water to make sure all soap comes out though.

DigitalRain

Mean Green Cleanser and Degreaser!!! You can get it at Walmart or a dollar store. It breaks down colorstay makeup stains instantly. Just make sure you shampoo thoroughly after using it.

myystiqueen

i personally don't like using mac brush cleanser that much...

as much as i love it to clean myy eye brushes,, i found that it made myy face brushes shed more because of the alcohol in it.... so i only use mac brush cleanser to clean my eye brushes but for myy face brushes, i only use baby shampoo (johnson and johnson).... after it's clean, i wipe it on dove bar soap back and forth - back and forth until it's back to white... (works for #187, #168)

GreekChick

Here's what you should do (and this applies for the 190 brush as well):

Squirt some Cleanse Off Oil on a paper towel and rub your foundation brushes in them. Keep on rubbing until they're not stained anymore, and wash them with Brush Cleanser or a gentle shampoo.

You need something oily to remove the foundation gunk. Olive oil will work too, but make sure to wash your brushes right after.
HTH!

TISH1124

Mine actually come completely clean using either the MAC or Perfection Brush cleaner....But I use it more for buffing than foundation application...I use my 190 and 109 for that....

bebs

I tend to use baby shampoo .. it really works well and you just wash it 1 - 3 times and most everything will come out

saj20052006

I've had my brush for over a year and I've used powder and cream foundations and it is as white as the day I bought it. I clean all my brushes with Mary Kay's TimeWise Cleanser Soap. It removes makeup from the skin so it's ideal for brush cleansing because of the staining that I have heard many people get on their white hair/bristle brushes.

Stephy171

i use studio fix fluid with mine and i wash it with johnsons baby shampoo and its not stained.... so i duunooo

Latest posts