Stained 187! Furious!!

dominichulinda

Try using baby shampoo..that works like a charm
winks.gif
<3

DominicanBarbie

Ugh the same thing happen to my 187 when I used the color stay foundation.!! Its never happen before with any of my Mac foundations but I guess whatever is in colorstay that makes it last 16 hours stains. Nothing would get rid of the stain I washed it with dreft ( baby laundry detergant) and it came right off. I will not be using my 187 for colorstay anymore.

javachip

have you tried EnKore's cleaning solution? Youtube it, it's amazingly good! give it a try... it leaves my brushes super clean.

zzoester

I use the 187 for SFF application and I wash it with baby shampoo. I've never had a problem with it staining but sometimes I do have to wash it out a few times before the tip comes back to white.

Amaranth

Aw, I was just about to suggest Cleanse Off Oil, but GreekChick beat me to it. That stuff is great. Also, don't forget to use a teeny bit of alcohol, if you're not using something that doesn't have it in there already (like MAC Brush Cleanser). You don't need a concentration higher than 70%.

chickatthegym

I just wanted to add that I hadn't used MAC's brush cleaner until about a month or so ago... My brushes had been stained for a few years
ssad.gif
And I got them ALL totally white again with a soaking in MAC cleaner and a good shampooing with Johnson and Johnson's baby shampoo.

SpringDancer

The 187 has to be washed right after using certain foundation brands (such as Revlon Colorstay and Estee Lauder Doublewear), otherwise it stains the brush.
You have been recommended some good products to fix the problem. Another cheap product that works for me is L'Oreal's De-maq expert Elixir concentrate (which is a makeup remover) - I apply it to the dry brush - then rinse. For me it has taken foundation stains off.

metal_romantic

I use the Dove beauty bar. My brushes aren't 100% white but close to it. I find they get yucky if used for both foundation and blush, so I use one for each purpose, and wash straight after using. First I'll spray it with brush cleanser while I'm finishing the rest of my makeup, then wash with the Dove soap :)

DarkGlamourXO

I wear Revlon Colorstay which dries really fast and stains brushes easily. I use a Clean and Clear detoxifying wash(it contains no acne medicine) and my brushes come out perfect and clean right away.

obscuria

My 187 was stained with my foundation when I used regular shampoo no matter how much I tried to get it out. I found that when I decided to use the MAC brush cleanser, it finally returned to its pristine state.

Rioselva

I had the same problem and I use a little bit of Dr. Bronners soap (got it from target). It has oils in it that desolve the oils in the foundation. Then I use a little palmolive to make sure all the oils from the Dr. Bronners is out. Works wonders for me.

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal_romantic
I use the Dove beauty bar. My brushes aren't 100% white but close to it. I find they get yucky if used for both foundation and blush, so I use one for each purpose, and wash straight after using. First I'll spray it with brush cleanser while I'm finishing the rest of my makeup, then wash with the Dove soap :)

This is exactly what I use too
smiles.gif
and I wash my brushes on a daily basis!

rrx2wm

Cleanse off oil will definitely the stain out, or if you don't have it just use a bit of olive oil on the white bristles then follow it with some baby shampoo to eliminate any oily residue.

miss_supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekChick
Here's what you should do (and this applies for the 190 brush as well):

Squirt some Cleanse Off Oil on a paper towel and rub your foundation brushes in them. Keep on rubbing until they're not stained anymore, and wash them with Brush Cleanser or a gentle shampoo.

You need something oily to remove the foundation gunk. Olive oil will work too, but make sure to wash your brushes right after.
HTH!

Only way to every have the white tips of the 187 to be white again.

reesesilverstar

Olive oil and antibacterial dish soap will take the stain out. However, your brush will bleed black dye for a while. Just keep washing it till it stops.

rhondavancouver

I use mac brush cleanser for daily cleaning and baby shampoo for weekly washing. I have never had any problems with any of my brushes staining...
Then again, I don't use a liquid foundation.
Definitely try mac brush cleanser!