Stila Summer 08

CantMAKEUPmyMIND

For all that loved the old school Stila Confections for Eyes (6 sqaure pans of eyeshadows in a rectangle metal palette) good news....Stila is coming out with an updated one this summer. It will be $40.

Again there are 6 different color eyeshadows but I know for sure Mystic (formally pro only blue green color) is in there but I'm not sure what the other 5 colors are...but I figured the junkies needed to know whatever! Will update with any other new info!

liv

I'm really excited for this! I've been trying to get my paws on the original confections, but no dice. Mystic looks gorgeous, I hope the packaging is as pretty as the light blue metal case.

CantMAKEUPmyMIND

The Confections for Eyes was also re-released under Shimmer Eye Palette (silver casing but was the same as Confections in the blue casing)....

The summer one is a mix of both existing and exclusive shades....the case is a metal bronze/orange color.

HTH!

sweetmelissa

Wow, this is great news! Thanks so much. I am so glad that newer fans to Stila will get the chance to own Mystic. It is a gorgeous and unique color.

The only reservation I have, and you know I'll be buying this anyway, lol-is that I was not a big fan of the packaging of Confections for Eyes. I feel like the shadows shatter more easily in that type of packaging for some reason-at least that is my experience.

Blyss

Thank you for the heads up... I have the original confections and some of the 'exclusive' shades are VERY close to the Pro ones I have. Do you know if these are Pro re-release?

Shimmer

There's a picture of the palette. It includes:
Ray—shimmering golden copper
The perfect way to accent a healthy summer glow

Mystic—shimmering aqua blue
A bold shade for summer soirees

Kitten—shimmering nude pink
A Stila top-seller, this shade is works as a base tone or a fresh highlight

Wheat—pearlescent beige
The perfect base for a bronzed eye

Prize—soft gold shimmer
Pretty paired with any shade in the palette, this tone adds a golden sheen

Sun—shimmering golden peach
A sunny sparkle for day or night

gigglegirl

wow thanks shimmer. this looks like the perfect time to start branching away from mac, and I REALLY want to try Stila's Cherry Crush lip stain, that palette looks gorgeous and I'd like to see what Kitten's all about.

Thing is, here in Canada I've never seen Stila. So my resolve would be to order it on Sephora's site. Do you guys anticipate this to be available through Sephora or just through Stilas site??? TIA!

Shimmer

The lippies I posted on the blog should be available through Sephora, particularly Charlotte, the coral one.

That's Talia, one of the new SPF 20 Shine Lip Colors. It goes on in a very 'just drank wine now I'm eating a pomegranate' color. And Cherry Crush is fantastic. I posted Charlotte on the blog, along with the Kitten Gloss (which, btw, my daughter keeps trying to steal from me!!).

I'm going to review the MAJOR Major Lash Mascara soon, I think anyone looking for mascara that gets every single hair will be stoked.

fleckspeck

The palette looks great, and I do love kitten, but I wish they would stop putting it in every set! I'd much rather have only new shades.

Reenie

I just got the new palette a week or so ago, and it represents better in person. The packaging is just amazing, although I hate that I leave fingerprints on it. *lol* I can't wait to break it in. Tee hee!

I have to say that I agree fleckspeck, and wish Stila would stop including Kitten in so many palettes. I don't know of any Stila fiend who doesn't have Kitten.

athena123

Ooh, where is this summer palette available? I just checked Sephora and don't see it. It looks so lovely and wearable; I really don't need any more eye shadows but I want it!
smiles.gif

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantMAKEUPmyMIND
I admit I'm super bummed none of these shades are new.

Yea, but the thing is they are all GREAT staple shades and with them in the palette anyone who is new to the brand or to makeup in general will have a great selection of colors in one place.

liv

I want Stila to rerelease Confections For Eyes (in the cute blue case, I know it came in Silver later, but I want that blue case dagnabbit!)...I want that so bad and I can't find anyone willing to sell it. =/ I am looking forward to this Summery version though! Mystic looks really pretty, and I like that's it's small and a variety of shades, I probably wouldn't use that one a whole lot.

CantMAKEUPmyMIND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Yea, but the thing is they are all GREAT staple shades and with them in the palette anyone who is new to the brand or to makeup in general will have a great selection of colors in one place.

This is SUPER true. I have SO much Stila --- I'm bound to have almost everything. LOL!!!

star07

The summer items are up on Sephora.com right now. It's not "in stock" yet, but looks like they're getting the website prepped.

Sephora: Stila Clear Color Lip Color: Lipstick
P210578_hero.jpg

Clear Color Lip Color
What it is:
A lipstick that protects and enhances with color.

What it does:
Protect sensitive skin this summer with Stila SPF 20 Shine Lip Color, the lip-saver precious pouts can't be without. This smooth, sheer formula provides a perfect shimmery sheen.

What else you need to know:
Available in eight luscious shades, Stila SPF 20 Shine Lip Color is packed with healthy ingredient to beautify lips both inside and out. Vitamins A, C, and E deliver maximum antioxidant protection, while rich vegetable-based oils provide lightweight moisturization for the softest, smoothest lips. The vanilla-scented formula is guaranteed to make mouths extra kissable.

Sephora: Stila Silk Shimmer Gloss: Lip Gloss
P210581_hero.jpg

Silk Shimmer Gloss
What it is:
A shimmering pink lip gloss.

What it does:
Introducing Stila Silk Shimmer Gloss, in a favorite hue now available for the lips. Inspired by Kitten, the legendary pale pink shimmery shadow, it delivers a golden-pink shine. The silk proteins make for smooth, moisture-rich wear, while ultra-fine pearl glitter provides high shine and maximum comfort. Vitamins A, C, and E supply antioxidant protection for the healthiest lips.

Sephora: Stila Sheer Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30 Oil Free: Tinted Moisturizer
P210577_hero.jpg

Sheer Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30 Oil Free
What it is:
An oil-free moisturizer with a hint of color.

What it does:
Just in time for summer, Stila introduces Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30. The new formula packs all the benefits of a moisturizer, sunscreen, and medium coverage foundation all into one. With twice the SPF power as the original best seller, this oil-free formula is Stila's latest mutli-tasking makeup must-have.

This formula provides SPF 30 protection, evens skintone and tones down flaws with medium coverage. It naturally absorbs oil with white willow bark to leave your skin glowing, but never shiny. It moisturizes and smoothes skin with silk amino acids, while improving the skin's natural barrier protection, and soothes skin with pomegranate extract (a natural anti-inflammatory and antioxidant). Comes in a shade to match every skintone.

Sephora: Stila Silk Eye Shadow Wash: Eyeshadow
P210580_hero.jpg

Silk Eye Shadow Wash
What it is:
A water-based liquid-to-powder eyeshadow.

What it does:
Stila's Silk Eye Shadow Wash is enriched with silk proteins and goes on smooth and light for flawless application.

The universally flattering pink and gold tones of best-selling shade Kitten are perfectly pretty alone or as a highlighter.

Sephora: Stila Summer Eye Shadow Palette: Eyeshadow Sets
P210579_hero.jpg

Summer Eye Shadow Palette
What it is:
A compact of the season's hottest eyeshadow shades.

What it does:
This season, Stila brings a fresh approach to traditional summer shades with the Summer Eye Shadow Palette, showcasing a lighter wash of color. The palette features Stila's best-selling shimmery, summery golds and bronzes.

The palette includes shades Ray, a perfect shadow to accent a healthy summer glow (shimmering golden copper), Mystic, a bold shade for summer soirees (shimmering aqua blue), Kitten, a Stila top-seller that works wonders as a base tone or a fresh highlight (shimmering nude pink), Wheat, a perfect base for a bronzed eye (pearlescent beige), Prize, a shade that can be paired with any shade in the palette as it adds a golden sheen (soft gold shimmer), and Sun, a sunny sparkle for day or night (shimmering golden peach).

gigglegirl

thanks star!~ i had just noticed that on sephora yesterday (as im lemming the palette) but thanks for adding those other ones. lol i've debating on the kitten silk e/s and the gloss. i can't wait til its in stock!!

poddygirl

These items are now on stilacosmetics.com, everything but the lip shines seems available for purchase. Exciting!