Stila Summer 08

onezumi

Ooo! I want that moisturizer. Does anyone happen to know what shade an nc35 should try? I always get odd recomendations for color from my local Sephora so I'd rather not trust them.. (They had me try things far too orange.)

winterwonder

The palette looks so gorgeous!! And I'm so happy they finally made their tinted moisturizer oil-free, I loved their normal one better than any I've ever tried, even the coveted Laura Mercier, but the fact that it had oil irked me so much that I stopped using it. I can't wait to try both!

Solace

I'm really interested in the new tinted moisturizer as well.. it sounds like Stila's taking pointers from BB Cream or something, haha.
smiles.gif
I'm a fan of the illuminating tinted moisturizer already.

And I'm really, really lemming the TM AND the lip gloss. Oh deaarr. I dunno if I'd spend $22 on that lipgloss when MAC's is $14.00. :p

winterwonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterwonder
The palette looks so gorgeous!!

I went ahead and purchased the palette and was very disappointed. I've only ever tried Kitten eyeshadow and ended up swapping it 'cause I just wasn't using it but all the shades in this palette including Kitten were SO flaky. I don't think I care for Stila shadows.

The shimmer is pretty but even with a base and patting them in they just flake off everywhere. Even in the pans it was just flaking like crazy with every brush I'd choose, it was like when a pigment isn't pressed properly and just starts to fall apart. I wanted to like this palette so much, it really is gorgeous, but sadly I will be shipping this palette back to Sephora.
ssad.gif

Janice

Too bad you didn't like the texture of Stila shadows. They are very soft, I always press my brush into them rather than swiping when I am using them for that reason. Same thing when applying to my lid, pat pat pat rather than swipe.

winterwonder

^^ I know! I really wanted to like them! That's what I did, I'm more of a pigment user than anything so I'm used to patting like crazy. And I would just tap my brush into the palette ever-so-lightly and now it has like dents in the shadows...

I was testing out my new Too Faced Shadow Insurance today so I had that on one eye and UDPP on the other and just a couple hours later the shadow wore off to just a wash of shimmer, the blue color I put in the crease is GONE, and the only remnants of color that's left is the bit of Ray I put in the outer corner and I haven't even gone anywhere, I've just been working on a paper lol. I've never had that happen to me, I was so surprised. Ah well.

gigglegirl

oh my freaking god I LOVE the palette! I swatched them on my hand over udpp, and all were stellar and I can see to be great for summer (except for the blue mystic--It was really light even when I tried to pack it on. I think it'd be killer over Rollickin if I had it).

I will see how it wears though, based on the above poster...we shall see! I'm optimistic! The eyeshadows do seem far more fragile than say Mac's but I'm alright with doing the packing instead of swiping that Janice suggested.

Thank you Janice and Jamie for sharing this stuff with us, I'm surprisingly fine with the $51CDN I spent on it!
smiles.gif

Shimmer

I use the stila shadows with a wide, flatter style brush (I think it's the stila #5) and they go on like a dream...and that's with paint pots as a base. I'm really shocked to hear you're having those kinds of troubles with them.
ssad.gif

I love this palette. The colors in it are perfect, IMO.
smiles.gif

onezumi

I went to Sephora and asked when this would be available in the physical stores and they didn't know. They said they are getting some new things on the 12th though. I hope they do as I want the moisturizer.

heinebaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
The lippies I posted on the blog should be available through Sephora, particularly Charlotte, the coral one.

That's Talia, one of the new SPF 20 Shine Lip Colors. It goes on in a very 'just drank wine now I'm eating a pomegranate' color. And Cherry Crush is fantastic. I posted Charlotte on the blog, along with the Kitten Gloss (which, btw, my daughter keeps trying to steal from me!!).

I'm going to review the MAJOR Major Lash Mascara soon, I think anyone looking for mascara that gets every single hair will be stoked.

the MAJOR major lash is awesomeness. TRUST ME! its my go to mascara wen im wanting to look bad ass haha. but i love it!
th_DANCE.gif

redecouverte

i just ordered the palette at Summer this weekend..
i hope the colors will suit me

update: i love that palette!!

onezumi

ssad.gif

I found I'm allergic to the moisturizer. It made my face burn all day even after washing it off. No fair!

I still haven't seen the full line at Sephora.