Stimulus Payments - Have you received yours?

SuSana

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Stargazer*
A lot of people didn't realize that you have to actually use the IRS calculator to figure out your amount. It's "up to" 300 and "up to" 600, etc. It depends on the amounts of tax you paid last year.

Oh I knew it was up to $600 because I had carefully read their announcement but apparently a lot of people didn't, but the reason I said just in case was because when I got my taxes done they calculated it and said I should get the whole $600 but I'm not going to expect the whole thing even though I REALLY want it
smiles.gif

*Stargazer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSana
Oh I knew it was up to $600 because I had carefully read their announcement but apparently a lot of people didn't, but the reason I said just in case was because when I got my taxes done they calculated it and said I should get the whole $600 but I'm not going to expect the whole thing even though I REALLY want it
smiles.gif

Sorry, I meant it sounded like the lady you were talking about didn't know.

SuSana

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Stargazer*
Sorry, I meant it sounded like the lady you were talking about didn't know.

Oh she didn't! She was really mad that she didn't get the $600 and I told her it was up to, not everyone is guaranteed the full amount and she said oh I thought everyone was getting the same. But what is weird is that she has a son that sha claims who is 16 and she only got $300. I thought you got more if you have kids?

kimmy

i still have to wait a couple weeks for mine...and i better get the whole six hundred dammit. the irs makes my heart sad, so it's time they make up for it!

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBI
Get out the violins: I don't get one... too much income, there are definitely worse problems to have than mine.
smiles.gif

Where do you work & are they hiring??
tong.gif

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSana
Oh she didn't! She was really mad that she didn't get the $600 and I told her it was up to, not everyone is guaranteed the full amount and she said oh I thought everyone was getting the same. But what is weird is that she has a son that sha claims who is 16 and she only got $300. I thought you got more if you have kids?

here's what it said on the IRS website:

To receive a payment, taxpayers must have a valid Social Security number, $3,000 of income and file a 2007 federal tax return. IRS will take care of the rest. Eligible people will receive up to $600 ($1,200 for married couples), and parents will receive an additional $300 for each eligible child younger than 17.

captodometer

I got mine yesterday: I'm in the 00-20 group. I'm also living overseas and filed my taxes from there. So it is likely that those of you in the US will get your stimulus payment right on schedule
yes.gif

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
here's what it said on the IRS website:

To receive a payment, taxpayers must have a valid Social Security number, $3,000 of income and file a 2007 federal tax return. IRS will take care of the rest. Eligible people will receive up to $600 ($1,200 for married couples), and parents will receive an additional $300 for each eligible child younger than 17.

So i won't be getting a check. Because I ddin't make $3,000. I know its my fault because I didnt read carefully...

but damn it! They could have been a little more fucking detailed when they started talking about these damn checks. Now all this time I was expecting money back to pay my health insurance/save and I won't get shit

angry.gif
th_wallbash.gif
shockt.gif
getyou.gif
wtff.gif
jerkit.gif
icon_eek.gif
rant.gif
ohboy.gif
blah.gif

KikiB

I don't get the stimulus payment because I am a dependent, however I did get my refund already and surprisingly I haven't spent it. I'm trying to keep a good cushion of $$ in my checking account. I could have easily bought a pair of Ed Hardy sunglasses...but I could be better off trying to actually save money up to buy them.