Stranger Walked In On Me Naked.

MACLovin

Ummm.. since when do 'window repairmen' just enter someone's house without permission?? Sorry but that's shady as f*ck.

And furthermore, as soon as he saw that someone was in the room he should have promptly left. Especially if you were friggin NAKED. were you under the covers at all, or totally exposed?

I'm sorry this happened to you. I'd be SOOOOO f-cking livid you have no idea. And yeah, he's lucky you didn't start throwing shit at him or worse, had a weapon.

Thankfully you only have to stay there a few more months. I hope this never happens again. If I were you I'd put some extra locks on the door or something, I dunno. That's just totally unacceptable.

MrsRjizzle

I really think this is something you could get out of... Landlords are required to give some kind of notice to come in your space or sent contractors in your space. Do that guy just "being there" was a huge viloation of tenent rights. In your lease should go over what you pay for utilites. You shouldnt ever pay more than what was initially agreed upon. MzzRach posted some great links. I really hope you find your way out of this. Sounds like an awful situation...

LMD84

man i'm not surprised you're upset and angery. i would be too. a total invasion of privacey and not to mention all the other crap that has gone on. i know it's eaier said trhan done to just move out but try and do whatever it takes to find another place asap. it really doesn't sound safe there at all.

aziajs

Seriously, is there no one you can live with for the next month? I would get out, store your stuff at a friends or in storage and move in with a friend or something.

Khalia25

H*llllllll nah!!! Omg. WTF?! Madnesssssss!!

Please move out if you can. I wouldn't trust the landlord's word. He should have been profusely apologizing but instead, his email was a very weak, lukewarm attempt of an apology. If you're financially able, are there studio type apartments that you can rent per week or per month in your area??

kariii

I know that's exactly what I thought.. like he doesn't even give a shit! UGH
ssad.gif
awww thank you 06290714!! that's very sweet!

I can't wait to get out of here.. it's the worst experience I've had ever. I thought the city would be fun but this guy makes my life miserable. I love you girls! thank you so much for your support.

Mabelle

do you have any friends you can stay with? or is it worth going back home until your get a transfer with yoru job?

get out of this place asap. it's sketchy mc sketchy.

L1LMAMAJ

There are so many in-laws in SF houses. They are dangerous and illegal. You should definitely report this maybe tot he SF Housing Authorities (they are located in the Tenderloin district, I believe). If you can't get your money back, at least report the landlord because I wouldn't want anyone else to go through what you went through if you were to move out and if they got a new tenant. That is so horrible. Sorry you had to go through that...

kaliraksha

Totally agree with the above. First off, I would thoroughly read your lease and find all faults in your lease so you can get out of it ASAP. If you agreed to pay an X amount with bills included, then you shouldn't have paid extra for electricity or extra for internet. I would be looking to get reimbursed for that if it's included in your lease. I would definitely take this issue to a tenant's council aid in your local city. It's all about what's written in your lease so have a copy and know it well.

The only thing I wouldn't do is not pay rent, if this guy is creepy or crazy he may just go after your credit just to make your life hell. You should get your issues solved the long, lengthy and legal way so that he is discouraged from doing as he pleases with the next possible tenant.

I hate bad living situations (which I've had a few of now)... it's the worst feeling in the world not feeling comfortable and safe in your own home. I hope you find somewhere else to go until things are settled.

User35

that stupid sob would have had a gun in his face ...shit...some stranger in MY room while im nakey...o hell no

L1LMAMAJ

Walking in on you naked..what is he gonna do next? the thought of it scares me!! did u get anything figured out yet? when will u be able to move to vegas?

Lapis

MOVE NOW, I don't trust this situation it seems he's trying to control wayy too much! You don't know if he has cameras set up anything and since he has access while you aren't there it's possible.

Call the window company and complain for the SOB who was in your room, I'm SURE his company has rules even if your cocksucker landlord doesn't

MACLovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapis
MOVE NOW, I don't trust this situation it seems he's trying to control wayy too much! You don't know if he has cameras set up anything and since he has access while you aren't there it's possible.

Call the window company and complain for the SOB who was in your room, I'm SURE his company has rules even if your cocksucker landlord doesn't

Agreed.

Shit, this reminds me of this Maury episode I saw where this chick's landlord had cameras set up in like every room of her house. She kept getting this creepy feeling like she was being watched, he would show up unexpectedly to "fix the smoke alarm" and random things like that. Eventually she got fed up and moved out then about a year later she got a call from the police that they had tons of video of her getting undressed in her room, taking a shower, going to the bathroom, etc. etc.. REALLY fucked up. I can't even imagine.

I mean.. not saying this is definitely the case here, but you never know. He does seem like a creep.

kariii

Hi ladies, I'm doing well!

I have emailed my landlord to have a heating system installed and he ignored the request. So I filed for a decrease of services because of the heating. I will have an insepctor come look at it and I have a feeling, they will tell me I have to move out because it's an Illegal unit. I'm moving to Las Vegas with the fiance and staying with his parents and him for a month or two till we find our place and do the whole unemployement look for a new job deal.

cupcake_x

I'm sorry this happened to you!

Try and get a friend or your fiance to stay with you as much as possible- the whole situation sounds way too fishy and creepy! And what the hell was that guy doing just waltzing into your apartment?! I'd try and contact the landlord and raise hell about it- maybe even the police? He didn't have permission to go in there, that is SCARY.

Good luck honey, and always talk to your parents if you have any doubts about anything!

Latest posts