stuck inside of ornex with the schw. blues

malaviKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnat
Hey thanks guys =)
The eyeliner was made using this recipe (it's german though):
Beautyjunkies.de - Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen - Glittereyeliner
all it is, basically is lecithin (granulates), wodka or anyother clear, strong liquor, xanthan gum and mineral pigments (of course one could use MAC pigments for this. Just think of the possibilities with pink pearl *dream*)
In the long run it does save quite some money and you can do really amazing things by yourself! The eyeliner doesn't smudge and has great holding power. It is also moderatly waterproof and when it does get wet it does not run!

Oooh thanks for this! (Your makeup looks awesome btw.) What proportions are you mixing to create this gel liner?

gnat

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaviKat
Oooh thanks for this! (Your makeup looks awesome btw.) What proportions are you mixing to create this gel liner?

I'd have to look it up again, but I think it was something like 1/4 Tsp of lecithin, then you add a few drops of the wodka and mush and stir to get the bloody lecithin to dissolve. You add wodka until it's a creamy lotion, but not too liqiud. Then add the pigment and in the end the tinyest amount of xanthan (barly the tip of a knife) and stir that in. After that I think you let it sit, because it will thicken some more. If ever it does get too thick, either because you didn't add enough wodka, or just with time, go ahead and stir in another few drops of the liquor and you're good to go.

I really only followed what Mina (the author of this recipe) wrote. It is not a creation of mine!

Take care and have fun =)