Studio Fix Liquid + Loose Blot Powder

noteventherain

I have to agree. . .I absolutely LOVE the StudioFx Liquid and with the Loose Blot powder, it is perfection! Finally MAC has a foundation and powder for us who don't have dry skin.
greengrin.gif
(my skin is like an oil rig and this stayed matte or dewy all day. select spf ain't got shit on this stuff.) It feels baby soft too.

My only complaint? Even the NC15 is freakin' dark! The lightest colour is a half-shade darker than my neck.
ssad.gif
So, yeah, increasing the colour range would be wonderful. but I'll be there in about a week anyway with tanning, so it's all good. but there are a lot of girls even lighter than me (I wear NW20 in the Select SPF), so I know everybody isn't going to be able to be matched in this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveratorifan
that's weird, cause it runs dark on me! NW15 for me is too dark....havent tried my NC15 yet..but I SO want this to work for me without it causing breakouts! so we shall see...

the NW is darker than the NC this time...in general. normally I wear an NW, but I had to wear the NC because the NW was way too dark.

absolut_blonde

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not finding the NC15 dark at all... and I am very fair. It's a perfect match-- even in natural light (believe me, I checked and re-checked a couple times to see how it was wearing & whether or not it oxidized).

REYNALD0C

Dude, I got a bottle of this stuff today! BUT

I got the Studio Fix Fluid in NC 44, and a Studio Touch-Up Stick in NC 45.. is that right?

ALSO how do you wear concealer and foundation together? which goes first?

Janelleleo

The second I read this topic I realized that my credit card was going to be mad at me. Sounds like I'll have to try these!

so_siqqq

I asked for a sample today and the MA gave me NC20 and NC25. I just tried NC20 two hours ago and the color match is perfect and I only needed a bit to cover my whole face. I normally wear NC20 in Select Tint and Select SPF. I hope Studio Fix Fluid doesn't break me out because I think this might just be my HG.

AppleLolaX

i am nc35 but the SA gave me nc37! i think its too dark... everyone else is getting the same color match or shades lower!

angela

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleLolaX
i am nc35 but the SA gave me nc37! i think its too dark... everyone else is getting the same color match or shades lower!

me too! i'm a NC35 but the MA matched me with NC30.. its a perfect match for me IMO! Exchange it now girl!!

allan_willb

Quote:
Originally Posted by noteventherain
I have to agree. . .I absolutely LOVE the StudioFx Liquid and with the Loose Blot powder, it is perfection! Finally MAC has a foundation and powder for us who don't have dry skin.
greengrin.gif
(my skin is like an oil rig and this stayed matte or dewy all day. select spf ain't got shit on this stuff.) It feels baby soft too.

My only complaint? Even the NC15 is freakin' dark! The lightest colour is a half-shade darker than my neck.
ssad.gif
So, yeah, increasing the colour range would be wonderful. but I'll be there in about a week anyway with tanning, so it's all good. but there are a lot of girls even lighter than me (I wear NW20 in the Select SPF), so I know everybody isn't going to be able to be matched in this.

the NW is darker than the NC this time...in general. normally I wear an NW, but I had to wear the NC because the NW was way too dark.

because of this post IM MOSDEF GETTING IT NOW!See what you did!

anuy

*SIGH* you guys talked me into getting the liquid foundation and the loose blot. which means i need the 136 to apply the blot. no wonder i'm a starving college student.... my fridge isn't stocked but my traincase sure is!

serendipityii

Studio Fix Fluid is amazing! Why did I have to find so many crappy foundations before this came out? (I guess it makes me appreciate this one more.) It's not too matte, but not glowy, it covers well without being cakey... omg, MAC is just getting better and better at what they do.

And what?! We have a video tutorial foruM!?

fairytale22

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipityii
Studio Fix Fluid is amazing! Why did I have to find so many crappy foundations before this came out? (I guess it makes me appreciate this one more.) It's not too matte, but not glowy, it covers well without being cakey... omg, MAC is just getting better and better at what they do.

And what?! We have a video tutorial foruM!?

Video tutorial? What? Lol...

Sanne

little Q: is the loose blot powder also suitable for dry skin? I figured you all use it to set the foundation, like translucent powder would?

Shawna

So my skin hates this stuff
ssad.gif
I so wanted to love this foundation, but I don't think it is very suitable for dry skin. I wore it yesterday and it kind of made my skin itch. Then this morning I had big patches of dry flakey skin. When I tried to use it today, it burned my face so bad I had to wash it off right away. Sigh, it has to go back.

BabyFu18

Does anyone have a picture of how well this covers? I cannot get to the post people were talking about with the pictures in it. I'm really interested in this foundation, but I think I will have to go to the counter to check it out because normally NW15 is the shade I could use (but in studio fix powder it's a little darker on me than I would like), so I'm hoping I'll be able to find a color I can wear in the liquid.

absolut_blonde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
So my skin hates this stuff
ssad.gif
I so wanted to love this foundation, but I don't think it is very suitable for dry skin. I wore it yesterday and it kind of made my skin itch. Then this morning I had big patches of dry flakey skin. When I tried to use it today, it burned my face so bad I had to wash it off right away. Sigh, it has to go back.

I have very dry skin and I love it, but I use a very rich moisturiser underneath it (Estee Lauder Daywear Cream-- the dry skin version).

Strangely, though, Studio Fix Fluid dries my skin out less than other, seemingly more emollient foundations like Select SPF and Estee Lauder Lucidity. Not sure why that is, as those 2 go on a lot greasier, yet they also dry me out more!

And for whoever asked about dry skin with loose blot: I find the loose blot a lot less drying than the pressed. I just dust it on very lightly, though.

peanut

I've been using this for 2 days now. It's a really nice foundation! Gives you more coverage but still looks natural. I normally wear NW20 in the StudioTech and I bought this in NW20. MAC MAs said that they hadn't noticed the colors being lighter or darker than usual, but that the NC colors were definitely more yellow, and a lot of customers chose NW instead. I did notice that NW20 wasn't quite as cool (warm in MAC world!) as other formulas I've used.

Sushi_Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude
I just came home with a Studio Fix Liquid in NW25 and Loose Blot Powder in Medium Dark and a new 187.

Woah, Jude i thought you were a NC40 usually? Why the huge jump to NW25 even if this foundation shades run differently?

I can't wait to try SF Fluid, but i'm really worried that i'm going to end up with the wrong colour or that they won't have my colour at all. It took me like a year and half to find the right colour in pressed Studio Fix!

Demosthenes

I love it... but my own problem is that it doesn't photograph true to color. I'm using NC40 and Medium Dark loose blot powder, which is a perfect skin match in natural and artificial light, but the second a flash hits it, it turns Kabuki white. I'm not a fan of putting liquid foundation on my neck and chest (because of staining, etc.) but I think that's the only way I can fix the awful mask effect in the photos. I tried bronzer to warm up the color, but it still doesn't fix it.

allan_willb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes
I love it... but my own problem is that it doesn't photograph true to color. I'm using NC40 and Medium Dark loose blot powder, which is a perfect skin match in natural and artificial light, but the second a flash hits it, it turns Kabuki white. I'm not a fan of putting liquid foundation on my neck and chest (because of staining, etc.) but I think that's the only way I can fix the awful mask effect in the photos. I tried bronzer to warm up the color, but it still doesn't fix it.

Omg...I thought that this new Studio Fix Fluid was not gonna be bad with the camera.At least thats what my mac employee friend said and what they all told her when she went to update.Hmmmmmm I need a sample right now!I know that studio fix powder makes u look like a ghost with the camera flashes.Even if u tone it with a bronzer.I'ver also tried this technique.

Jude

I wore Studio Fix Liquid (set with Loose Blot Powder) for the whole day and my lord peeps..... it is LLLLLOOOOOOOVE.

By 3:30 my skin looked dewey, there was no foundation breakage whatsoever and all I needed was a slight touchup with Pure Luxe Dry Eraser.

I am going to keep my wait and see attitude for the rest of the week, in case I break out or something.