Studio Fix Liquid + Loose Blot Powder

AudreyNicole

All these great reviews are wonderful to hear! I can't wait to get mine!
smiles.gif
I know the coverage is good with the foundation - in your opinion, is the consealor pencil a must have? I am trying to budget here, and I want it all!
smiles.gif

angelwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude
I wore Studio Fix Liquid (set with Loose Blot Powder) for the whole day and my lord peeps..... it is LLLLLOOOOOOOVE.

By 3:30 my skin looked dewey, there was no foundation breakage whatsoever and all I needed was a slight touchup with Pure Luxe Dry Eraser.

I am going to keep my wait and see attitude for the rest of the week, in case I break out or something.

What do you mean by "foundation breakage"?
th_confused_new.gif

ll*sugar

ahh one of the MAC makeup arists put on NC20 on me and it looked kind of unnatural cause of the bright light in the store.. is this the same for everyone else? but when i went home it looked flawless cause my house isn't as bright.. but at the store it wasn't that bad.. it was just very obvious that i was wearing foundation and it seems like the new studio fix liquid is supposed to look really natural
ssad.gif
is this the same for everyone else?

*Stargazer*

Anyone who is usually a C tried any of these foundations? I am hoping that for once I can actually use one of these foundations everyone is raving about
ssad.gif

Wattage

Too dry for me...

I got a sample of the NC15 and the match was flawless. Unfortunately, this foundation is too drying for my skin right now. Maybe in the summer it will be better. Too bad because you ladies are right - it is a beautiful product!!

smiles.gif

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug10678
Anyone who is usually a C tried any of these foundations? I am hoping that for once I can actually use one of these foundations everyone is raving about
ssad.gif

i'm C6 in the compact, and they matched me to NC45 in the fluid.. it's killer!
smiles.gif

*Stargazer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
i'm C6 in the compact, and they matched me to NC45 in the fluid.. it's killer!
smiles.gif

I could kiss you! You have just made my day!

Sushi_Flower

I went to my counter and it was already there! I was so excited to see it! I got a sample in NC42 and i'm hoping it'll work for me (i'm NC43 usually).

Question for everyone

Have you all just used it over your moisturiser or did you use a primer?
And did you use powder over it or just leave it on it's own?

so_siqqq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower
I went to my counter and it was already there! I was so excited to see it! I got a sample in NC42 and i'm hoping it'll work for me (i'm NC43 usually).

Question for everyone

Have you all just used it over your moisturiser or did you use a primer?
And did you use powder over it or just leave it on it's own?

It was a bit drying when I used a light-oil free moisturizer underneath it. Tomorrow I will try it out with Photo Finish Primer. So you could use either or depending on your preference though you can wear moisturiser underneath a primer. I believe most primers though reccomend applying moisturizer before applying the primer itself.

I also think you really need to set any type of liquid/cream foundation with powder to help make it last longer. But yeah, I used regular Blot Powder and I didn't need to really touch up much for a couple of hours.

Sushi_Flower

Thanks, i'm just asking as i want to know if most people are loving it just as a straight up foundation applied over moisturiser or if specific skin prep is helping it as i want to make the most of my 'test run' with the sample i have tomorrow, i want to see how the foundation really is like itself and so i like to test thing like this out usually without primer/powder with it first so that how it acts isn't made to look better/worse by the additional products (does that make any sense?)..even though i would probably wear primer/powder with it when i start to wear it properly.

But..Studio Fix always goes orange on me unless i wear primer underneath..so i'm wondering if this foundation does the same thing and if i should just wear it over primer in this one chance i have to test it properly.

so_siqqq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower
Thanks, i'm just asking as i want to know if most people are loving it just as a straight up foundation applied over moisturiser or if specific skin prep is helping it as i want to make the most of my 'test run' with the sample i have tomorrow, i want to see how the foundation really is like itself and so i like to test thing like this out usually without primer/powder with it first so that how it acts isn't made to look better/worse by the additional products (does that make any sense?)..even though i would probably wear primer/powder with it when i start to wear it properly.

But..Studio Fix always goes orange on me unless i wear primer underneath..so i'm wondering if this foundation does the same thing and if i should just wear it over primer in this one chance i have to test it properly.

I have combo skin that gets WICKED oily in the T-zone area and I haven't really noticed any change in color when I wear SFF.

Also when I first tried this I didn't even prep my face and is still looked fantastic. But I'd probably do trial and error to see what works best since everyones skin is different.

Raerae

First post! lol...

Anyways figured I would add in my 2 cents into this since I picked up this foundation last Friday...

They matched me in the store to a NW20, and I also picked up the pressed blot powder (since I normally needed to fix up my foundation during the day using my old pressed powder (haven't had to make any touchups with SFLiquid)), although I might try out the loose powder as well.

Couple of things I have noticed while using this for the last 4 days...

Less is More... I've been getting used to liquid application since it's been forever since I've used a liquid foundation. I found that I've been having better luck placing just a little dot in my mixing pan that my brush completely absords, rather than enough to have foundation remaining in the tray after the first pass.

This way I can get a very fine(thin) layer on my face (I was having trouble with the, "mask effect" that liquids tend to give, and I hate looking like I'm wearing foundation). By keeping the amount of SFLiquid on my brush very light, I've been able to eliminate looking like I'm wearing foundation, but I'm still getting complete coverage.

This also eliminated the "darkness" I was getting while initially using the product. When I was matched in the store, i looked great, but when I did it myself for the first few times, I thought that my NW20 was a shade or two too dark for my skin. Once i figured out how to apply less foundation, the color of my NW20 lightened up (it matches my skin now). Plus the blot powder lightens the foundation as well.

I'm also using a 187 to apply this foundation.

So thats my expierence... So far i'm loving it, haven't had to touchup my foundation at all while I've been at work. I think with anything, application is key. Since with a liquid, it's a lot easier to apply too much. Go for less, since you can always apply more.

Luxurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude
OMG... stop talking, stop talking! lalalalalalala.... I don't hear you!

Okay, I do. I just bought a boat load of Pure Luxe convinced that liquid foundation and my face will never be friends. Now I am hearing all these good things about it. Y'all know that I am going end up with it... I have to try it.

hahahaha
rofl.gif
so funny

.nicole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shygirl
Can someone gives us an update & review after wearing this for a week or so? Wanna check for break-outs.

A little late on the reply but I bought it the day it came out and I've used it everyday since then, it goes on at like 6am and i don't get home til 7pm, and it's still wonderful looking. I normally break out from just bout every foundation and I was expecting this to do the same, but I haven't had any extra pimples. I also have dry skin really bad and it doesn't make it more noticable like some foundations. By the way, the moistureblend foundation made me breakout 2 new pimples a day..

devin

i totally agree. i do the same thing and it comes out looking wonderful. i dot a small amount in a dish and dab my 187 brush in it and then apply to my face in circular motions and it is enough to cover my entire face. you need only a small amount. i have been wearing it for a few days without a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae

Less is More... I've been getting used to liquid application since it's been forever since I've used a liquid foundation. I found that I've been having better luck placing just a little dot in my mixing pan that my brush completely absords, rather than enough to have foundation remaining in the tray after the first pass.

This way I can get a very fine(thin) layer on my face (I was having trouble with the, "mask effect" that liquids tend to give, and I hate looking like I'm wearing foundation). By keeping the amount of SFLiquid on my brush very light, I've been able to eliminate looking like I'm wearing foundation, but I'm still getting complete coverage.

I'm also using a 187 to apply this foundation.

So thats my expierence... So far i'm loving it, haven't had to touchup my foundation at all while I've been at work. I think with anything, application is key. Since with a liquid, it's a lot easier to apply too much. Go for less, since you can always apply more.

Sushi_Flower

I wore mine today and I LOVE IT! It does everything everyone's already said and really does give a dewy yet semi matte finish! And lasts all day without shine and best of all they excluded my shade - NC43 - but NC42 is yellow and golden enough that it is the perfect shade i've always wanted - i.e. between NC42 and NC43!!
greengrin.gif

moonrevel

This stuff is pure heaven in a bottle. It goes on so nicely and my face doesn't get as oily as it does with other foundations!

Shawna

weeping.gif
I hate my skin, I hate my skin grrrrr. I loved how it looked on me and everyone here keeps reminding me how awesome it was and my stupid skin got itchy red patches from it. *grumbles and shakes fists*

makeup_junkie

Jesus. I KNEW I shouldn't have read this thread. I guess I'll have to go try it tomorrow. I've been using BE for the past few months and it's okay.....I still get oily. I *really* hope this stuff works for me. I HATE liquid foundation more than anything in the world. I'm going to try it tomorrow.
smiles.gif

ll*sugar

ssad.gif
cry.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by ll*sugar
ahh one of the MAC makeup arists put on NC20 on me and it looked kind of unnatural cause of the bright light in the store.. is this the same for everyone else? but when i went home it looked flawless cause my house isn't as bright.. but at the store it wasn't that bad.. it was just very obvious that i was wearing foundation and it seems like the new studio fix liquid is supposed to look really natural
ssad.gif
is this the same for everyone else?

anyoneee??
weeping.gif