Studio Mist October 2006 [color story] (updated w/ images on pg3)

MACGoddess

Yes, it is a collection coming out later this fall...it is called Studio Mist. It is NOT to be sprayed directly on the face. You must spray it on your hand and then brush it on your face or spray it on a petri dish etc.

It is definitely meant to be BRUSHED on and is not safe for use in the eye or lip area... It is such a fine pigment in the foundation that it has been micronized and the only way to keep it stable is to put it in a aerosol.

It has a natural skin finish, more coverage than Select SPF but less than Studio Tech.

--------Studio Mist October 5th 2006

Studio Mist Foundation

Description - Studio Mist Foundation is a lightweight, creamy foundation in an aerosol mist can. This unique delivery system dispenses extremely fine pigment particles that result in a beautifully sheer application of product on the sKin. The long-wearing formula provides buildable sheer to medium coverage and a natural finish. A combination of micronized, spherical powders allows the product to glide on smoothly and comfortably onto the skin resulting in a purer color payoff. Spray Studio Mist Foundation onto the back of your hand and pick up the product with a brush like the 191 brush or spray directly onto a brush or sponge and blend evenly over the skin. Studio Mist Foundation can be worn by all skin types.

Foundation Shades
Light - Ivory (LE)
Light Medium - Warm Beige (LE)
Medium - Golden Beige (LE)
Medium Dark - Deep Golden Beige (LE)
Dark - Deep Golden Tan (LE)
Deep Dark - Deep Chocolate Brown (LE)

Studio Mist Blush

Misty Pink - Plum Brown (LE)
Peach Spritz - Soft Coral (LE)
Mystical Bronze - Coppery Bronze (LE)

Brush
188 - Small Stippling
191 - Paints Brush

MACGoddess

Actually there are more than 3 shades...there are 6. And they are pretty sheer so they will work for just about everyone. They can be built up to a medium coverage...

Light = NC20
Light Medium = NW25
Medium = NC30
Medium Dark = NC42
Dark = NC 45
Deep Dark = NW 47

ette

Oooh I'll be getting light and medium (as long as they are non-acnegenic, I've had issues with most of MAC's foundations other than SFF). Thanks so much MACGoddess!

enka

Wow,
this are good news! I love sheer foundations and I'll test this for sure!

Would you use the 190 brush or the buffer brush for this kind of foundation?

Thanks for sharing!

MACGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by enka
Wow,
this are good news! I love sheer foundations and I'll test this for sure!

Would you use the 190 brush or the buffer brush for this kind of foundation?

Thanks for sharing!

I would say probably the 187 or the 188 brush (which will be new, it is a mini Stippling Brush.

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ette
Oooh a mini stipling brush???!!! Tell me more! LOL.

I know I'm there
thmbup.gif

zombie_candy

this mist foundation sounds worth looking into since i'm always on the hunt for foundation that looks the most natural. however, i'm worried about the limited colours. i'm an NC37-NC40 and i'm afraid neither the medium or medium dark (according to: Medium = NC30, Medium Dark = NC42) will work for me
ssad.gif
sheesh, it's always too light or too dark.

allan_willb

Wow...wernt we all just talking about a smaller version of the 187 a few months back.Haha we got it guys!And whats this 191 brush?So I'm guessing the Ma's are starting to go to update now.Our girls don't get to go untill mid july.

NM...enka did an edit on her post.She had me thinking quick about this 191 brush.Haha too good to be true.With all the new stuff comming out I almost did believe it!See what MAC does to me AHHHHH!

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACGoddess
It is definitely meant to be BRUSHED on and is not safe for use in the eye or lip area...

Yikes, I'd hate to be working the day after Betty Suburbs takes this home and tries it for the first time (if these are going to be general release products, that is). I forsee a lot of bitching and gnashing on the MUA review boards from people who sprayed it in their eyes, burnt their lips or who knows what else they managed to do with it. God knows the average home make-up user seems to treat product information and application recommendations like an optional extra.

To launch a product like this successfully is going to require a hell of a lot of staff education and consumer information, otherwise I see this going down in a giant red-hot ball of flames. Great idea for a product, especially if the finish is what it's talked up to be, but maybe hold back on the consumer market for a while until R&D comes up with something a bit more simple and foolproof.

MACGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie_candy
this mist foundation sounds worth looking into since i'm always on the hunt for foundation that looks the most natural. however, i'm worried about the limited colours. i'm an NC37-NC40 and i'm afraid neither the medium or medium dark (according to: Medium = NC30, Medium Dark = NC42) will work for me
ssad.gif
sheesh, it's always too light or too dark.

Honestly, the foundation is pretty sheer, so you should be able to pull off the Medium Dark Shade without a problem... They are made like the Blot Powders...one shade can deal with a wide range of skintones, but the numbers I posted next to the shades are a suggested range just for reference...

MACGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Designergirl9
I hate being a nw15 it seems like everything is to dark on me.

You should be able to wear Light without a problem sweetie!

MACGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan_willb
Wow...wernt we all just talking about a smaller version of the 187 a few months back.Haha we got it guys!And whats this 191 brush?So I'm guessing the Ma's are starting to go to update now.Our girls don't get to go untill mid july.

NM...enka did an edit on her post.She had me thinking quick about this 191 brush.Haha too good to be true.With all the new stuff comming out I almost did believe it!See what MAC does to me AHHHHH!

lol, the 191 is a small flat edged synthetic paint brush... We have been asking for one of these too as artists, so now we finally get one!! WOOHOO!!