Subtle err'day look for monolids?

HoneyLicious

i think your eyes and the makeup is really pretty alienman.. especially you have wide pupils, makes your eyes 'bright'
ermm, don't
getyou.gif
get mad at me, i used to hate monolids and had them. all the ladies in the family went for surgery and i was the last one to go, had to do it 3 times to perfect it. sigh, i do regret sometime.. cos nowadays when i observe girls with monolids, i think they look cute and exotic.. but anyways, can't turn back anymore, i kept telling myself now it's easier to do my eye m/u,

alienman

Heiaken: Thank you! Aww, I'm so flattered you posted again just to tell me this, especially when you're own lips are so kissalicious!

HoneyLicious: Oh, I wouldn't hate you for having done surgery! I totally understand the pressure; it's not even like "pressure" but they treat it more like a rite of passage now, like every young woman is simply expected to get it - kind of like training bras.

My own mother and aunts tried to pressure me into getting eyelid surgery. My mother even tried to throw in a jaw implant b/c she didn't like my recessive jawline. If I had lived in Korea or around a lot of Koreans most of my life, I probably would have gone through with it.

Nor should you feel bad yourself. It's how you look NOW and that's part of who you are now, so I think you should embrace it and enjoy it. Besides, I'm sure you look great.

I just wish monolids weren't regarded as some deformity that'd prevent us from marrying rich, well-educated men. If a man wouldn't marry me because I had monolids, I sure as hell wouldn't marry such a shallow man. If a man's family were against having me included in their family b/c I didn't have double eyelids, I sure as hell wouldn't want to be part of such a family in the first place.

Whether I decide to get plastic surgery or stay the way I am, it's MY choice, not theirs, and I think that much should be respected.

O, wow, I rambled again, sorry! I'll have to find that discussion thread so I can vent my contribution there instead of here hahaha.