sundressing, baby's first haul post =) (w/ pic!)

mandirigma

So I've been here for a while now but this is my first posted haul because it's so far been the most devastating! LOL.

I was gonna skip my class and go to the Sundressing party at SCP on Tuesday, but I couldn't wait so I went to MAC Pro in LA instead (so now I don't have to worry about skipping class!). I really wasn't expecting to like Sundressing this much -- in fact, i went in thinking I'd only cop the Gold Dusk pigment and In Living Pink with maybe one lipstick from B2M, but all of the eyeshadows were so great. And the beauty powders were AWESOME!!!!! Way better than the ones that came out with Icon, so I got both. My bank account hates me right now!

So here's what I got:

Gold Dusk Pigment
In Living Pink E/S
Summer Neutral E/S
Relaxing E/S
Apres Sol Lipstick
Shell Pearl B/P
Sunsparked Pearl B/P

sundressinghaul.jpg

ETA:

sundressingswatches.jpg

Sorry it took so long!

mandirigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLoves2Shop
Nice haul!

Do the B/P's have a lot of shimmer, like an irridescent powder?

i asked the MA what was different about the two, too. the b/p's from this collection have shimmer but they're not like glitter bombs the way the iridescent powders are, you know? imo, these have more of a true iridescence than the iridescent powders themselves!

karen

Very nice haul!
I wasn't sure if I'd be buying much from this collection either. I may end up changing my mind, too.
I've never bothered trying the beauty powders, because I was never interested. I've lately become a little curious, though. What exactly are they for? What do you do with them?
Those two do look pretty.
smiles.gif

btw...

*whispers*

swatches?

*hint, hint, nudge*

winks.gif

Makeupluvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandirigma
So I've been here for a while now but this is my first posted haul because it's so far been the most devastating! LOL.

I was gonna skip my class and go to the Sundressing party at SCP on Tuesday, but I couldn't wait so I went to MAC Pro in LA instead (so now I don't have to worry about skipping class!). I really wasn't expecting to like Sundressing this much -- in fact, i went in thinking I'd only cop the Gold Dusk pigment and In Living Pink with maybe one lipstick from B2M, but all of the eyeshadows were so great. And the beauty powders were AWESOME!!!!! Way better than the ones that came out with Icon, so I got both. My bank account hates me right now!

So here's what I got:

Gold Dusk Pigment
In Living Pink E/S
Summer Neutral E/S
Relaxing E/S
Apres Sol Lipstick
Shell Pearl B/P
Sunsparked Pearl B/P

sundressinghaul.jpg

What's SCP? I have been calling all around to find a Sundressing party and none of the stores I talked to (Pro, H&H, etc.) are having one.

Thanks!

mandirigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen
Very nice haul!
I wasn't sure if I'd be buying much from this collection either. I may end up changing my mind, too.
I've never bothered trying the beauty powders, because I was never interested. I've lately become a little curious, though. What exactly are they for? What do you do with them?
Those two do look pretty.
smiles.gif

btw...

*whispers*

swatches?

*hint, hint, nudge*

winks.gif

LOL, girl, i got you. it just might take a coupla hours. after dinner i'll do some swatches.

these beauty powders are really nice. the ma suggested that the tan one can be used as a highlight and the pink one can be used as a blusher. basically, take a dense brush (i think she rec'd the 109) and buff the powder onto your face. i think the icon ones were more for an all-over glow, but these are a little shimmery (not so glittery like the IPP's) and have a slight iridescence. they're really gorgeous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeupluvr
What's SCP? I have been calling all around to find a Sundressing party and none of the stores I talked to (Pro, H&H, etc.) are having one.

SCP = South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa. The number is (714) 751-2142. The RSVP date was april 26, but you might want to try RSVPing anyway!

mandirigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasse142
which of the b/p is sunsparked? the pinkish one or the tan?

i believe it is the tan one =)

sasse142

Quote:
i believe it is the tan one =)

Cool, I pre-ordered sunsparked, all the e/s except the brown one and the quad the other day.....would have to see the l/s and l/g in person

mspixieears

Gasp! You must upload these pics to the Sundressing thread in the Swatches forum! I'm still torn on whether or not to get Apres Sol l/s, and whether it's ok to leave Relaxing e/s off my list. Hmmm...

Thanks for sharing the pics though!!! Much appreciated!

karen

Quote:
LOL, girl, i got you. it just might take a coupla hours. after dinner i'll do some swatches.

these beauty powders are really nice. the ma suggested that the tan one can be used as a highlight and the pink one can be used as a blusher. basically, take a dense brush (i think she rec'd the 109) and buff the powder onto your face. i think the icon ones were more for an all-over glow, but these are a little shimmery (not so glittery like the IPP's) and have a slight iridescence. they're really gorgeous.

Thank you! I aprpreciate the info!
smiles.gif

Pale Moon

Hey! Nice haul! I almost got Apres Sol Lipstick too but I hesitated. Maybe I'll go back to get it 'cause you just stir my lemnings!!

mandirigma

Sorry it took me a minute but I added my swatch pic of the eyeshadows to the post and to the swatch forum!

Thanks guys! =)

Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ette
how is apres sol on? very nudey?

It's nudey with like gold flecks. =)

karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelprint
Hi! Is Relaxing purple? In your photos it looks purple. And is In Living Pink a must-have? Thank you!!
smiles.gif

lol I had the same question about Relaxing.

thanks for the pic, too,mandirigma
smiles.gif