Sundressing invite

asnbrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen
ergh.. I never get any invites. I got the culturebloom one and that's it. Do they only send out to the "top" buyers now?

well, what's odd is that I buy most of my crap at the Macy's counter where I work. I very RARELY buy straight from MAC anymore. Also, from what I've seen, they use our cash registers and computer system and they don't take my name down when I purchase, so there's nothing logged in. I don't see how they would know if I'm a top buyer or not.

thejadedstar

What goes on at a Private MAC Showing?

I got my invitation for Sundressing today in the mail, and I would have to request off from work in order to go, so I was just wondering if anyone had gone to one in the past, and if so, what's it like?

FlaLadyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejadedstar
I got my invitation for Sundressing today in the mail, and I would have to request off from work in order to go, so I was just wondering if anyone had gone to one in the past, and if so, what's it like?

It's fun and you get to see the whole collection before anybody else. Cocktails and stuff and a bit of fun! Closed front doors to anybody else.

Otherwise...I pm'd you!

Parishoon

ooo it's so pretty,
th_drool.gif
i hope you girls have fun

mybeautifulface

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejadedstar

I always go. They are fun and they are sponsored by Bacardi and everyone that goes gets free makeup. For Culturebloom, I got transplant l/g and blossoming cheek color. Than was cool. But I don't know if all preview parties are the same.

kradge79

Free stuff?!?! Are you serious! I thought I was excited when I got the invite in the mail yesterday, now I'm over the moon!!

Chelly

i got mine today - but its for the harlem store and the last time i went down there my friends car got towed!! i thikn i'll just wait it out
smiles.gif

asnbrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybeautifulface
I always go. They are fun and they are sponsored by Bacardi and everyone that goes gets free makeup. For Culturebloom, I got transplant l/g and blossoming cheek color. Than was cool. But I don't know if all preview parties are the same.

ha! I read that and all I thought was "well... I like Stoli Vanila more than Bacardi and it's sponsored this time by Stoli! Yay!"

mandirigma

yay! i got mines in the mail today and rsvp'ed like immediately, even though i told myself the last time that i'd never go to one again. lol.

who's going to the one at south coast plaza??

caroni99

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandirigma
yay! i got mines in the mail today and rsvp'ed like immediately, even though i told myself the last time that i'd never go to one again. lol.

LOL I told myself the same thing-got mine today and did exactly the same.

I think I will really like this collection so I'm excited.

I'm going to the one at Square One in Mississauga fyi....

Eilinoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroni99
LOL I told myself the same thing-got mine today and did exactly the same.

I think I will really like this collection so I'm excited.

I'm going to the one at Square One in Mississauga fyi....

Hey, I'm going to that one too!
I didn't even know SQ had a MAC store (as in, not a counter at the Bay)...then again, I only go to that mall like once every 1-2 years
greengrin.gif

FemmeNoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandirigma
yay! i got mines in the mail today and rmsvp'ed like immediately, even though i told myself the last time that i'd never go to one again. lol.

who's going to the one at south coast plaza??

Why don't you want to go to one again? I'm going to rsvp for South Coast tomorrow.

mandirigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by FemmeNoir
Why don't you want to go to one again? I'm going to rsvp for South Coast tomorrow.

when i went to the culturebloom event in mission viejo, it was really crowded and a lot of the people there were really stank, just rude and looking at you all sideways for no reason (the event-goers, not the MAC people themselves who were actually very patient and friendly). but i got overexcited and the guy who took my name down for rsvp was so freakin sweet that i just got excited to go all over again. they've split the event up into three different time frames though, so hopefully it won't be as crazy.

mare

Got my invite yesterday! Quite surprised, since it arrived in my work mail, and I've *never* gotten anything MAC at work before. All other mailers have gone to my home.

Anyway, my invite was for May 2nd at MAC Columbus Circle in NYC. I didn't even know there *was* a MAC up there! Not sure if I can go or not, unfortunately.