Super chapped lips? Found the solution! :)

AshleyDanielle

Sometimes I get super chapped lips.....and I have tried carmex, vaseline, mary kays satin lips, nivea.....eos, chapstick, olive oil, vitamin e oil....etc....you get the hint. NOTHING was working.

Mary Kays satin lips did work, but sometimes it hurt to exfoliate my lips when they were already so chapped....and I finally found something that DOES work.....

Lansinoh. (lansinoh lanolin in the purple tube)

Yes its for breastfeeding mothers, and you usually apply it to your nipples to soothe them when they are sore and cracked from when you are newly breastfeeding. But I saw other moms on other boards recommend it for chapped lips. So I dug up the bottle that I had stored away...and I put it on my lips.

And in HOURS my lips felt smoother. NO LIE!

You only need a teeny tiny bit and it stays on your lips for a while.

Try it!!!! It has worked SO good, I am super shocked, but I'm glad that I found the cure for my dry lips!!!!!!

bluelagoon

Me too... I have always had super chapped lips even when I was a toddler until I casually started using Nars lipglosses, they have lanolin.
Now I never have chapped lips. I have also tried Lansinoh and it works great too.

604doll

Thanks for the tip. Can't wait to try this out. I have had dry chapped lips for quite a while now. Nothing seems to work I even tried Burts Bees which did nothing for my lips.
Hopefully this works!

m0rg3nst3rn

Yep, that stuff is awesome, I started using it 3 years ago when I had my daughter. What I was told from my doctor was to try lanolin for my chapped lips and I said like that lansinoh stuff? He said exactly, it's lanolin, that's why I tried it. Lanolin is good for chaffed or chapped skin.

missmay

Thank you for sharing, I meant to reply back sooner but i've been busy. My lips were dry, cracked, and bled occassionaly. I've tried everything out there and finally picked up some lanolin at walgreens. 2-3 days later, the skin on my lips felt like it had literally shedded off. I haven't had dried lips ever since i started using lanolin. i still use lanolin as a base for my lipstick and it works wonders. ive started using lanolin on my rough elbow spots, my sons dry patches, and anything that looks ashy. i love seeing peoples faces when i tell them my chapstick is a nipple cream. LOL!!!

litelity

Oh wow, Lanolin? Never heard of it but I'll try to search that in my pharmacy here.
I had the same problem too, super chapped that sometimes my lips would just crack and bleed T_T
but it was solved after my general practitioner directed me to search for lipbalms that contain propolis.
And it worked! But seeing as you mentioned you have tried everything, maybe you have tried that too?
Anyway, if I'm ever run out of any propolis loaded lipcare I'll definitely try to search that lanolin. Thank you for sharing!

jojolovesmac

Sometimes I get super chapped lips.....and I have tried carmex, vaseline, mary kays satin lips, nivea.....eos, chapstick, olive oil, vitamin e oil....etc....you get the hint. NOTHING was working.

Mary Kays satin lips did work, but sometimes it hurt to exfoliate my lips when they were already so chapped....and I finally found something that DOES work.....

Lansinoh. (lansinoh lanolin in the purple tube)

Yes its for breastfeeding mothers, and you usually apply it to your nipples to soothe them when they are sore and cracked from when you are newly breastfeeding. But I saw other moms on other boards recommend it for chapped lips. So I dug up the bottle that I had stored away...and I put it on my lips.

And in HOURS my lips felt smoother. NO LIE!

You only need a teeny tiny bit and it stays on your lips for a while.

Try it!!!! It has worked SO good, I am super shocked, but I'm glad that I found the cure for my dry lips!!!!!!
i hope it works for me

Mi55V33

Hmmm. Got access to sample sizes of Lanolin where I work. I'm definitely going to try this!! I've been using Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick which I also love. Kinda like a huge chapstick but also doubles to sooth dry hands etc.

iwhypphace

Have you tried it under any lipsticks? MAC as much as I love them dry me out especially in the Winter months and matte formulas become super chalky by days end.

jojolovesmac

I k
I'm going to try this too. My lips are forever chapped, it's gross :( Nothing helps.
I know wat u mean nd I cnt help but to peel them at times cuz I hate having chapped lips the only thing that works for me is aquaphor use it two times in a day nd ur lips will b back to normal

Matthew Silva

I have used many different lip balms, I personally have found this one to work the best. I think the only place you can get it now is on Etsy. It is all natural using mango butter and coconut oil. Another plus is that when you buy it you are also helping to save to environment! It also has vitamin E and I believe bees wax. The main thing I like about it is how it applies smooth and clear. I also can feel it lasting long after I apply which I like. I have definitely noticed the difference in my lips since Ive been using daily.

www.etsy.com/shop/abeilleskincare

Mi55V33

I bought the lansinoh today and has been awesome for my lips. I will try under matte formulas

Been using the lanolin for a few days now and works like a charm! Also used it under my Runway Hit Matte which normally ends up drying my lips - fixed that issue now!! :D Big Fan!!!